Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Trump a strong and decisive leader?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Default Is Trump a strong and decisive leader?

Yes: 51%.
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/260495/...ot-honest.aspx

This is one of the strangest misconceptions. Anyone who falls for it should take a look at Bolton’s book. None of them knew what Trump was going to say or do from one day to the next.

In June 2019 Iran shot down a US Global Hawk surveillance drone in international airspace (the latest and most expensive of many provocations). President Trump said Iran had made a "big mistake”. A meeting of the National Security Council (Trump, Pence, Pompeo, Bolton and others) agreed to hit three Iranian targets in response.

Later that day, with no further consultation and a couple of hours to go, Trump changed his mind and canceled it.

“In my government experience, this was the most irrational thing I ever witnessed any President do. It called to mind Kelly’s question ... what would happen if we ever got into a real crisis with Trump as President?”
    John Bolton: ‘The Room Where It Happened’, page 403.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,766 Times in 33,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is no way people can believe Trump is a strong leader after that mess he delivered in the Rose Garden yesterday. It’s a shame his family and his party let him loose to embarrass himself and continue to show, the man isn’t well. There is something very wrong with his mind.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-15-2020), Cypress (07-15-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (07-15-2020), signalmankenneth (07-15-2020), Tacomaman (07-15-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is an impulsive little child who needs constant attention.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Cypress (07-15-2020), Phantasmal (07-15-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post

This is one of the strangest misconceptions. Anyone who falls for it should take a look at Bolton’s book. None of them knew what Trump was going to say or do from one day to the next.

In June 2019 Iran shot down a US Global Hawk surveillance drone in international airspace (the latest and most expensive of many provocations). President Trump said Iran had made a "big mistake”. A meeting of the National Security Council (Trump, Pence, Pompeo, Bolton and others) agreed to hit three Iranian targets in response.

Later that day, with no further consultation and a couple of hours to go, Trump changed his mind and canceled it.

“In my government experience, this was the most irrational thing I ever witnessed any President do. It called to mind Kelly’s question ... what would happen if we ever got into a real crisis with Trump as President?”

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-15-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-15-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    There is no way people can believe Trump is a strong leader after that mess he delivered in the Rose Garden yesterday. It’s a shame his family and his party let him loose to embarrass himself and continue to show, the man isn’t well. There is something very wrong with his mind.
    His "family" is complicent. The Republicans are gutless cowards. The real travesty is how embarrassing tRump makes us look to the rest of the world.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-15-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-15-2020)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,285 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    ‘Idiot,’ ‘Dope,’ ‘Moron’, 'Intelligence of a Fifth Grader': How Trump’s own staff and Cabinet members have insulted the boss

• Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Trump had the understanding of “a fifth- or sixth-grader,”

• White House chief of staff John Kelly called Trump “an idiot” and said he thought the president was “unhinged,”

• Omarosa Manigault Newman, who was the highest-ranking African-American staffer in the West Wing, claimed that Trump is a “racist, misogynist and bigot.”

• Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and former chief of staff Reince Priebus called Trump an “idiot,”

• Former economic adviser Gary Cohn said Trump was “dumb as shit,”

• Former national security adviser H.R. McMaster said the president was a “dope,”

• Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said in November 2017 that Trump was “like an 11-year-old child,”

• Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in July 2017 called Trump a “moron,”

• At a dinner in July 2017, McMaster mocked Trump, also calling him an “idiot,”

• At the dinner, which was with Oracle CEO Safra Catz, McMaster also said Trump was a “dope” with the intelligence of a “kindergartner,”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...oodward-806455

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-15-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-15-2020)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

John Bolton?

How was Obama decisive? What were the consequences when Russia invaded and took over the Crimea? How about when Russian missiles were used by their Ukrainian puppets to down a civilian airliner?

"We cannot have a situation where chemical or biological weapons are falling into the hands of the wrong people," Obama told reporters at the White House. "We have been very clear to the Assad regime -- but also to other players on the ground -- that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized.

We have seen far more decisiveness out of Trump than we have ever seen by any Democratic President over the last five decades. Get your head out of your ass. You'll think better.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (07-15-2020)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    John Bolton?
    Yeah, the one who served in the Reagan, Bush41 and Bush43 administrations. Remember now?

Bolton has seen your hero CLOSE UP.
    Last edited by Tranquillus in Exile; 07-15-2020 at 02:49 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-15-2020), christiefan915 (07-15-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-15-2020)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Trump is an authoritarian. His voice, his statement, is the authority.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don’t get Republicans, if I was them, I would impeach and convict Trump and run a Pence/Haley ticket. I know my family members would support Pence. I think it would bring back some of the Never Trump voters and some Independents.

Is it because they won’t admit they made a big mistake with Trump.

The Republican leaders have lost their minds over Trump. It’s crazy

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-15-2020), Cypress (07-15-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-15-2020)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Trump is an authoritarian. His voice, his statement, is the authority.
    His gut, he goes by his gut, and we know what’s in there.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-15-2020)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

And lo! We have discovered what would happen if we got into a real crisis. He made it far worse.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don’t get Republicans, if I was them, I would impeach and convict Trump and run a Pence/Haley ticket. I know my family members would support Pence. I think it would bring back some of the Never Trump voters and some Independents.

Is it because they won’t admit they made a big mistake with Trump.

The Republican leaders have lost their minds over Trump. It’s crazy
    Well, now they are going to lose the WH, probably the Senate, and the House will still be ours as well.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (07-15-2020), Phantasmal (07-15-2020)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

His gut, he goes by his gut, and we know what’s in there.
    Right!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonsprat22 For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-15-2020)

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    John Bolton?

How was Obama decisive? What were the consequences when Russia invaded and took over the Crimea? How about when Russian missiles were used by their Ukrainian puppets to down a civilian airliner?

"We cannot have a situation where chemical or biological weapons are falling into the hands of the wrong people," Obama told reporters at the White House. "We have been very clear to the Assad regime -- but also to other players on the ground -- that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized.

We have seen far more decisiveness out of Trump than we have ever seen by any Democratic President over the last five decades. Get your head out of your ass. You'll think better.
    You flipped on Bolton pretty quickly.