Thread: Nope...can't open schools. Israel shows us why

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Default Nope...can't open schools. Israel shows us why

Summary of School Re-Opening Models and Implementation Approaches During the COVID 19 Pandemic

On June 3, two weeks after schools [in Israel] opened, more than 244 students and staff were found to test positive for COVID-19.

According to the education ministry, 2,026 students, teachers, and staff have contracted COVID-19, and 28,147 are in quarantine due to possible contagion.

Just in the first two weeks of July, 393 kindergartens and schools open for summer programs have been shuttered due to cases of COVID-19.
    https://globalhealth.washington.edu/...RJU1BQcVZjZSJ9

Israel has about a million or so kids at school age. We have 50 million.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Coffiend (07-14-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Summary of School Re-Opening Models and Implementation Approaches During the COVID 19 Pandemic

On June 3, two weeks after schools [in Israel] opened, more than 244 students and staff were found to test positive for COVID-19.

According to the education ministry, 2,026 students, teachers, and staff have contracted COVID-19, and 28,147 are in quarantine due to possible contagion.

Just in the first two weeks of July, 393 kindergartens and schools open for summer programs have been shuttered due to cases of COVID-19.
    https://globalhealth.washington.edu/...RJU1BQcVZjZSJ9

Israel has about a million or so kids at school age. We have 50 million.
    It wasn't super long ago I was in school and I can tell you that it is not possible to follow proper precautions. How would lunch rooms work? Staggered on to group seating with other students. It's one thing to be with people you live with all the time and take masks off at sequestered restaurant seating but random kids and close quarters is a no go. Gym class won't work with mask making it near impossible for such exertion and the contact of things being another no go.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Coffiend For This Post:

LV426 (07-14-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coffiend View Post
    It wasn't super long ago I was in school and I can tell you that it is not possible to follow proper precautions. How would lunch rooms work? Staggered on to group seating with other students. It's one thing to be with people you live with all the time and take masks off at sequestered restaurant seating but random kids and close quarters is a no go. Gym class won't work with mask making it near impossible for such exertion and the contact of things being another no go.
    It's a complete joke, really. They know opening schools is a bad idea. They just don't care.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist