Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Herd Immunity is bullshit, and here's the MS Gov to explain why...

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    because it squashes the infection rate/ even if it only lasts 2 months
    Only catch is you have to infect everyone at once and run the risk of overloading hospitals by doing so.

Herd immunity for COVID is as stupid an idea as taking an anti-malarial drug, drinking bleach, or sticking a lightbulb up your ass.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Biden went out and met BLM protesters while Trump was hiding in his bunker with the lights out.
    one quoting Mao mets a bunch of Maoists *yawn*.
    BLM is a lot of bad shit -but it aint stupid. They known Biden is under their (radicals) thumb
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Only catch is you have to infect everyone at once and run the risk of overloading hospitals by doing so.

Herd immunity for COVID is as stupid an idea as taking an anti-malarial drug, drinking bleach, or sticking a lightbulb up your ass.
    that assumes only a 2 week window.
    why is COVID not the same as any other virus in terms of immunity?

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

one quoting Mao mets a bunch of Maoists *yawn*.
    Looks like your Cyrillic-to-English translating software needs an update.

BLM is a lot of bad shit -but it aint stupid. They known Biden is under their (radicals) thumb
    Wait - I thought BLM was this huge massive scary thing that kills people and makes you feel bad for being white...yet BIDEN braved that while Trump hid in his bunker with his binky.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,032 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I've spoken over the phone to most of my Republican, Democrat, and Independent friends, neighbors, associates, and family members.

We all agree on the following things right now:

Texas didn't mitigate soon enough-

Are upset with our governor for following Donald Trump's lead in the beginning-

Upset that the governor also took Donald Trumps advice and opened back up too soon-

All upset that after all the mitigation efforts and personal sacrifices we have made already, and now having to go back to square one and start over again.

Are all happy that our governor is no longer following Donald Trump's lead- and has shut us down again and making masks mandatory in the public.

And we all are worried about the virus running out of control in Texas.

But we seem to all be hopeful that the virus will be on a downward curve in the next few weeks if we knuckle down and let the mitigation take it's course.

BUT THOSE ARE ABOUT THE ONLY THINGS WE ALL AGREE ON! LOL! It's pretty much war on everything else!
    Wait. You're saying that all of the people mentioned above initially took Fauci's advice, and wore masks in public? They practiced distancing?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

why is COVID not the same as any other virus in terms of immunity?
    How about this, anatta, how about you shut your fucking mouth about COVID because all you've done is make things worse?

Every single thing you've ever said about COVID has been wrong.

Every. Single. Thing.

At this point it just feels like you're deliberately making the wrong choices and judgments.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is no herd immunity for this.

Coronavirus antibodies can start to fade away within weeks, according to a new study which puts a 'nail in the coffin' in the idea of herd immunity
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...e-weeks-2020-7

Back to the drawing board for another dumb idea to avoid the obvious; we should shut the entire country down for 4-6 weeks and pay people to stay at home.
    Social distancing, wearing masks, destroying the economy, and lockdowns won't stop herd immunity, mother nature always has her way. After Trump wins in November, the left will get tired of all the fear mongering.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-14-2020)

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Would love to know how you plan to infect 330 million Americans with COVID in a short window without overloading hospitals and leading to thousands of dead a day?

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Looks like your Cyrillic-to-English translating software needs an update
    you missed Biden's Mao-speak?

Wait - I thought BLM was this huge massive scary thing that kills people and makes you feel bad for being white...yet BIDEN braved that while Trump hid in his bunker with his binky.
    Biden is a rube/tool of BLM. it doesn't eat it's own

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Add to this the fact that the antibodies now seem to be temporary. Coupled with the fact that this virus is continually mutating, you'd be better off ignoring the morons, and focusing on avoiding infection.
    Mutating in which direction lol?

Mutations aren’t uni-directional: mutations can increase or decrease virulence in a pathogen.

Since single studies have become the rage, here’s *a* study on SARSCOV2 which suggests it may be weakening or it may weaken to a less virulent form as a means to improve its persistence as a species.

Basically, this could be explained as an effect of natural selection to weaken the infection and enable its persistence with minimal damage to the host, increasing the human-to-human transmission into the community.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...nsmission.aspx

It’s interesting from a evolutionary perspective because the species isn’t benefited if it kills its host all the time or too often; rather, COVID has a better success rate, as a species, if the host survives and is able to transmit the virus to other hosts. Thereby, propagating the species.

Darwin is handy for something after all.

It’s not a question of whether COVID will mutate/evolve—it’s a question of how soon and in which direction. And here’s a happy thought [I know how much some of you like happy thoughts]: one plausible explanation for the lower death rate is that COVID has weakened.

Maybe someone has *a* study which contends otherwise.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Social distancing, wearing masks, destroying the economy, and lockdowns won't stop herd immunity, mother nature always has her way. After Trump wins in November, the left will get tired of all the fesr mongering.
    HERD IMMUNITY IS NOT A THING FOR THIS.

How many times does it need to be said before you understand that?

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    He is assuming case numbers are an accurate reflection of how many individuals in the population have had COVID.

I don’t know of a single seroprevalence study that doesn’t conclude that the number of people with COVID antibodies exceeds the number of cases by a significant factor.

Go low and say it’s only a factor of X3. Multiply the number of cases picked up by swab tests X3 and you have a more accurate estimate of how many people in the population may be immune to COVID.

Go high, and it’s start to get interesting pretty quick. In fact, it’s entirely plausible that NYC has gone quiet because they are approaching herd immunity. Same with Sweden. Sweden was supposed to be a basket case by now, remember?

Well, their numbers have dropped off dramatically. It’s likely Sweden paid a hefty cost but they made it to herd immunity. I’ve been bitching for months about serum antibody testing. If we can get the same degree of caterwauling over antibody testing as we do masks and swab tests we might get an idea of how far we have to go.
    My only assumption is serum antibody tests pick up past infections and swab tests don’t lol.
    That's hardly the only assumption you made.

You have 'glaring errors' in your assumptions
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How about this, anatta, how about you shut your fucking mouth about COVID because all you've done is make things worse?

Every single thing you've ever said about COVID has been wrong.

Every. Single. Thing.

At this point it just feels like you're deliberately making the wrong choices and judgments.
    HA HA HA HA

you're cute when you froth

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you missed Biden's Mao-speak?
    No, what you wrote looks like it was put through a third-rate English translating program.

Biden is a rube/tool of BLM. it doesn't eat it's own
    Trump said Nazis were "very fine people".

Stop.

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Assuming, the reports are accurate herd immunity would be transient but it will knock down the virus and make future outbreaks more manageable.

Why do lefties. Always. Always find something dark to mull over with this thing? Will that change if Biden gets elected?
    Nope. It might cause the virus to mutate faster.