Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Herd Immunity is bullshit, and here's the MS Gov to explain why...

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,259 Times in 7,142 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

I've spoken over the phone to most of my Republican, Democrat, and Independent friends, neighbors, associates, and family members.

We all agree on the following things right now:

Texas didn't mitigate soon enough-

Are upset with our governor for following Donald Trump's lead in the beginning-

Upset that the governor also took Donald Trumps advice and opened back up too soon-

All upset that after all the mitigation efforts and personal sacrifices we have made already, and now having to go back to square one and start over again.

Are all happy that our governor is no longer following Donald Trump's lead- and has shut us down again and making masks mandatory in the public.

And we all are worried about the virus running out of control in Texas.

But we seem to all be hopeful that the virus will be on a downward curve in the next few weeks if we knuckle down and let the mitigation take it's course.

BUT THOSE ARE ABOUT THE ONLY THINGS WE ALL AGREE ON! LOL! It's pretty much war on everything else!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 07-14-2020 at 10:50 AM.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Well, there's no way to know for sure without mass testing.

Now remind me, who is it who is against testing because it will reveal new cases? Oh right, Trump.

You are assuming 1.2M people already have COVID in MS. That is your stupid assumption based on nothing.
    My only assumption is serum antibody tests pick up past infections and swab tests don’t lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    My only assumption is serum antibody tests pick up past infections and swab tests don’t lol.
    Antibodies are only good for a few weeks, then you are at risk of catching it again.

Coronavirus antibodies can start to fade away within weeks, according to a new study which puts a 'nail in the coffin' in the idea of herd immunity
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...e-weeks-2020-7

No herd immunity on this one, baby killer.

So we can add "herd immunity up there with:

• The warm weather will kill it
    • It will disappear in the Spring
    • Shining a light up your ass will kill it
    • Drinking bleach will kill it
    • Hydroxychloroquine will kill it
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    They're starting to report out of Europe that immunity may only last a month or 2.

How does that one play into the whole "herd immunity" thing that everyone is counting on so much?
    Assuming, the reports are accurate herd immunity would be transient but it will knock down the virus and make future outbreaks more manageable.

Why do lefties. Always. Always find something dark to mull over with this thing? Will that change if Biden gets elected?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    dolt. herd immunity stops ICU beds.
    Putin is displeased your American dumbness might be infecting the rest of the sane people here
    Herd immunity is not necessarily a forgone conclusion. Antibodies are disappearing in a few months.
    And we're nowhere CLOSE to herd immunity, yet ICUs are full in some places.

Which human beings are you willing to sacrifice so we can reach a level of herd immunity that will last for a grand total of three months, fucknuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-14-2020)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Assuming, the reports are accurate herd immunity would be transient but it will knock down the virus and make future outbreaks more manageable.

Why do lefties. Always. Always find something dark to mull over with this thing? Will that change if Biden gets elected?
    Because we understand the facts, you drooling idiot.

Sorry for hitting you with the inconvenient truth that even if herd immunity were a thing, literally 3 million Americans would have to die to reach it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Post:

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Antibodies are only good for a few weeks, then you are at risk of catching it again.

Coronavirus antibodies can start to fade away within weeks, according to a new study which puts a 'nail in the coffin' in the idea of herd immunity
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...e-weeks-2020-7

No herd immunity on this one, baby killer.

So we can add "herd immunity up there with:

• The warm weather will kill it
    • It will disappear in the Spring
    • Shining a light up your ass will kill it
    • Drinking bleach will kill it
    • Hydroxychloroquine will kill it
    According to *a* study.

Really?

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

According to *a* study.
    Yeah, what good are studies except examinations of patterns to determine a conclusion and/or prove/disprove a hypothesis??

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

According to *a* study.

Really?
    Tell ya what...if you don't believe that you can catch COVID again, then go get yourself sick...if you survive, then wait a couple months and lick every COVID patient you can find, and we'll see if your faith is stronger than the facts?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    The proponents of herd immunity will have to consider that to achieve this immunity they will have to sacrifice human lives, and the lives that are lost could just be them and or their family members. So to me, the idea of herd immunity is more of a distraction and deflection tactic for political gain.

WE WILL OVERWHELMINGLY SURVIVE THIS VIRUS THAT EFFECTS LESS THAN 1% OF US....MUCH TO THE SORROW OF THE TREASON-O-CRATS,,,,
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,385 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I’ll give a clue: the glaring error is an assumption.
    Apparently there will be no herd immunity, and possibly no vaccines either.

"A recent preprint study published in medRxiv, indicates that there is a rapid decline in the levels of SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies during the weeks following initial infection. This raises questions over the potential for re-infection, the effectiveness that may be expected from vaccination and the viable window for antibody testing in disease surveillance.

"The study, led by Kings College London researchers, followed 65 patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection that had been confirmed by RT-qPCR for 94 days following the first onset of symptoms. During this period, repeated serum samples were collected and SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody titers measured by ELISA and neutralization assay.

"This showed over 95% seroconversion and identified neutralizing antibodies beyond 8 days post onset of symptoms. Disease severity was correlated with peak antibody levels; however, this did not appear to impact antibody kinetics. During the ensuing observation period, a rapid decline of neutralizing antibody titers was observed, with some individuals approaching baseline levels by the end of the observation period.

“This is the first comprehensive study of the longevity of antibody responses in both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals infected with SARS-CoV-2. This is a well-performed analysis which provides a thorough examination of different antibody responses to SARS-CoV-2,” commented Lawrence Young, Professor of Molecular Oncology, University of Warwick."

https://www.technologynetworks.com/t...fection-337299

Since you claim to be medically-knowledgeable, I'm sure you'll both understand what is being reported here, and find an obscure blog post to refute it, correct?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Althea (07-14-2020)

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, what will happen is you will encourage everyone to spread the virus, and then ICU's will be overrun and thousands will die.

The only way this is manageable is a vaccine. Until then, we are kidding ourselves thinking we can have a reasonable semblance of the shit economy we had before the lockdowns.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Apparently there will be no herd immunity, and possibly no vaccines either.

"A recent preprint study published in medRxiv, indicates that there is a rapid decline in the levels of SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies during the weeks following initial infection. This raises questions over the potential for re-infection, the effectiveness that may be expected from vaccination and the viable window for antibody testing in disease surveillance.

"The study, led by Kings College London researchers, followed 65 patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection that had been confirmed by RT-qPCR for 94 days following the first onset of symptoms. During this period, repeated serum samples were collected and SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody titers measured by ELISA and neutralization assay.

"This showed over 95% seroconversion and identified neutralizing antibodies beyond 8 days post onset of symptoms. Disease severity was correlated with peak antibody levels; however, this did not appear to impact antibody kinetics. During the ensuing observation period, a rapid decline of neutralizing antibody titers was observed, with some individuals approaching baseline levels by the end of the observation period.

“This is the first comprehensive study of the longevity of antibody responses in both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals infected with SARS-CoV-2. This is a well-performed analysis which provides a thorough examination of different antibody responses to SARS-CoV-2,” commented Lawrence Young, Professor of Molecular Oncology, University of Warwick."

https://www.technologynetworks.com/t...fection-337299

Since you claim to be medically-knowledgeable, I'm sure you'll both understand what is being reported here, and find an obscure blog post to refute it, correct?
    WHAT FUCKING IDIOCY.

WHAT DO YOU CALL LESS THAN 1% OF THOSE EXPOSED TO IT BEING EFFECTED BY IT ???

DUH...UMMM...DER....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You voted for, coddled, and defended this shitty COVID response.

So you aren't the one anybody should turn to for solutions.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

WE WILL OVERWHELMINGLY SURVIVE THIS VIRUS THAT EFFECTS LESS THAN 1% OF US....MUCH TO THE SORROW OF THE TREASON-O-CRATS,,,,
    It might KILL 1%, but for those it doesn't kill, they will deal with the health effects for the rest of their lives.