Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump's retail decimation and bankruptcy graveyard.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I don't get why it's still seen as some sort of "TDS" thing.

Anyone who looks at how Trump has handled COVID and thinks it even remotely resembles leadership needs a primer on leadership.

One of the more difficult things about this crisis is having the void in leadership that Trump & his denial have created. It's depressing.
    AWFUL post, just AWFUL.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    Post FAIL, Mr. Meoff, post FAIL.
    So. Why were you banned, Steve? (for being an IDIOT)

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Anyone who looks at how Trump has handled COVID and thinks it even remotely resembles leadership needs a primer on leadership.

One of the more difficult things about this crisis is having the void in leadership that Trump & his denial have created. It's depressing.
    "TDS" is just a way of shutting down any criticism of Trump. It lost all meaning it once had.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Let's see if I have this right...

COVID 19 comes along and the economy is shut down. Trump is blamed for not doing this fast enough
    COVID 19 deaths are high so Trump is blamed as above for those.
    The economy opens up at least partially and COVID 19 cases rise dramatically. Trump is blamed for this.
    Because the economy is shut down over COVID 19, many people face eviction. Trump is blamed for that.

The list of blaming Trump for everything gets grating. It is clearly an exercise in hating the guy and TDS.

I'll ignore the idiocy of the above.
    Excellent observations!

5. #20 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,607 Times in 17,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    So. Why were you banned, Steve? (for being an IDIOT)
    Who's ass did you kiss to get only 7 days for your 3rd. 12b?

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,265 Times in 13,400 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

It's quite simple. What ever Trump does he gets blamed and panned for it. Sure, there are things Trump could do better, even much better. My point isn't that. It's this:

Trump does A. His detractors say he didn't do A soon enough, or that he also didn't do B. Trump does C. His detractors say C is meaningless until it looks like it is actually working so they change their cries to "He didn't act fast enough!" or "It still isn't enough!" or "He did it 'wrong' "

I'm pointing out that at this point, it's obvious that the MSM, Democrats, and Trump's detractors cannot and will not give him credit for doing anything, no matter how minor right. That says to me that they are in full blown TDS mode.

I notice it when I do give Trump credit for something done right as well as the reaction when I say negative things about him from the same group.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

The list of blaming Trump for everything gets grating. ..
    Not nearly as grating as Trump causing everything bad.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    You're assertion that Obama had a major pandemic race riots and a completely crashed economy at the same time is incorrect
    What...in...the...actual...FUCK just happened there!!! Do I really have to explain...wait, forgot who I'm talking to. Okay, I see you are getting confused by multiple concepts here. Forget I mentioned obama, the wuflu and I didn't say a damn thing about race riots anyway. Let's assume Trump crashed his own great economy because...I don't know... aliens? Now you have one concept to deal with: HOW WILL BIDEN "FIX" IT? JUST THE ECONOMY, NOTHING ELSE!

One thing you are correct on: Obama did not have to deal with a major pandemic, race riots and a completely crashed economy at the same time. Even so, his "recovery" didn't start to show life until people started to look into what Trump was saying.

And a little update!: Just watched der bidenfuhrer unveil part 2 of his economic plan. Basically a combination of green new deal and obamanomics part II(with a big sloppy blowjob for the unions thrown in). So there, I pretty much did your research for you. The comparisons will be pretty stark for anyone with half a brain. You might be out of luck there, katgutz.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Not nearly as grating as Trump causing everything bad.
    See! This is what I'm talking about. The TDS crowd cannot bring themselves to give even a scintilla of credit to Trump or anyone who says anything that isn't completely negative about Trump at any time. It gives them a air of being not credible because of the clear bias they express over time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Callinectes (07-14-2020)

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Biden won't fix the economy, he and the Democrats will f*** it like a $3 bag whore. More regulation of everything. The war on cheap energy will resume. Government spending on social-welfare programs will skyrocket because of economic illiterates like this hag:

Welfare and unemployment checks grow the economy and create jobs... Pelosi is full on retard and beyond.

So, voting Democrat guarantees the economy gets screwed and stays screwed.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Callinectes (07-14-2020), Into the Night (07-14-2020)

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Retailers had a brutal 2019, and while predictions for 2020 were similarly grim, they didn’t include the coronavirus. Now a growing number of companies are waving a white flag as COVID-19 wreaks havoc on not just retail, but other parts of the global economy. Here are some of the most prominent companies to file for bankruptcy since mid-March, including one announced Monday, and a slew of big names that are at risk of following.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...?ocid=msedgdhp

Thanks Trump.
    Well I guess we have our answer of whether or not he should be president.

What ever made him think he could run a country?

He has screwed up almost every other thing he tried to do.

The only thing he was any good at was unreality show entertainer, pretending to be a businessman.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

See! This is what I'm talking about. The TDS crowd cannot bring themselves to give even a scintilla of credit to Trump or anyone who says anything that isn't completely negative about Trump at any time. It gives them a air of being not credible because of the clear bias they express over time.
    I give him credit for making the pandemic worse. I give him credit for crashing the economy and I give him credit for the race riots...that should be enough for now.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    I give him credit for making the pandemic worse.
    This requires proof of a negative. You can claim his response was poor but you can't prove he made things worse. I think on the whole his response was average. It was certainly better early on than the Democrats who were still transfixed with their ill-fated attempt to impeach him and paying NO attention to anything else.

I give him credit for crashing the economy
    Until COVID 19 hit the economy was doing quite well with Trump's policies. It definitely perked right back up when governors opened things up again, but the whole COVID 19 thing is causing a hit on it that Trump really has little control over. So, I'd rate your position as a case of TDS.

and I give him credit for the race riots...that should be enough for now.
    And the ones from Obama's administration like Ferguson? But not to deflect, those aren't Trump's doing either. I see them as the Left's reaction to nothing else they've tried to remove Trump from office as being successful, and their general frustration at the public not listening or giving their political positions a hoot in Hell because nobody outside of the Left wants their BS implemented.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Into the Night (07-14-2020)

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,259 Times in 7,142 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    BIGGEST ONE MONTH GROWTH IN CONSUMER SPENDING IN HISTORY, 8,2%m JUST HAPPENED.....CHOKE ON IT.

SORRY 'BOUTCHA....
    Toilet paper sales are up! Which explains that!

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

This requires proof of a negative. You can claim his response was poor but you can't prove he made things worse. I think on the whole his response was average. It was certainly better early on than the Democrats who were still transfixed with their ill-fated attempt to impeach him and paying NO attention to anything else.

Until COVID 19 hit the economy was doing quite well with Trump's policies. It definitely perked right back up when governors opened things up again, but the whole COVID 19 thing is causing a hit on it that Trump really has little control over. So, I'd rate your position as a case of TDS.

And the ones from Obama's administration like Ferguson? But not to deflect, those aren't Trump's doing either. I see them as the Left's reaction to nothing else they've tried to remove Trump from office as being successful, and their general frustration at the public not listening or giving their political positions a hoot in Hell because nobody outside of the Left wants their BS implemented.

asg is causing the needless death of many so yes he made it worse. Quit slapping yourself on the head and you might have less brain damage