Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New hospitalizations in Florida declined for the fourth day in a row, to 227

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Who said anything about beaches? Memorial Day was the driver for the outbreak in Florida. Period, end of story.
    so what was it in Arizona- same time frame? the beaches ? ROFL. your mind is stuck on partisan noise

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Sailor, I bet you were as surprised to see Trump win the 2016 election as anyone else.

But you already know that all the stars in the Universe had to line up in some kind of freakish way for that to have happened.

The same stars are not even at play this time around, like Russia, Facebook, Twitter, and Wikileaks. And now the Republican Senators are distancing themselves from Trump this time around, and most of the governors are having to do the same thing, if they have even the slightest chance of winning re-election themselves- So they are not out there campaigning for him either this time around.

So the truth is, last time around, Trump barely won by the seat of his pants in just 3 key states in very close numbers, that are now showing Biden up 10 points over Trump in all three of those same battleground states.

Even the 3 Red states that are normally shoe-ins for the Republicans of South Carolina, Texas, and Arizona are so close to call, that even the Republican senators in those states look compromised by their ties to Trump.

So I realize you would like to see the miracle win happen all again and all, but, this time the stars are all lining up for the Democrats to win the presidency and the Senate.

DIDN'T MEAN TO POP YOUR BUBBLE!

But we already know the shock you will feel on November 3rd! BEEN THERE DONE THAT!
    I was not surprised that Trump won believe it or not. To me it just came down to observations up and down the coast. Every where I looked there were Trump signs in working America. The cities had more Clinton. I will tell you why I think he has shot this time also, once again observations. Democrats fail to realize two things. One, a good portion of their constituents work or have a business. And are Christian. Things Democrat politicians have shown they could give a damn about. Two, there are more Independents than members of either party. Independents also work, own businesses and are majority Christian. They see quite clearly Democrats do not care about them either. If you noticed, I did not address race here. No need too. It is meaningless. It means nothing. Every walk of life in this country, a vast majority, work and own businesses. Most identify as Christian. Democrats have show their true colors as to who they really care about. And it is backfiring on them in a big way.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    so what was it in Arizona- same time frame? the beaches ? ROFL. your mind is stuck on partisan noise
    Okay, so you literally can't read. I said nothing about the beaches. My God, you are stupid. It's amazing. IT WAS THE BARS dimwit.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,030 Times in 14,526 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

He's the last of the trolls I haven't ignored. I'm not sure why, but I feel like they need a representative besides Darth, who is a whole different animal. This discussion is beyond absurd. Florida opened their bars. Young people flocked to the bars. Young people got infected. There was a situation here at an Irish pub on Jax Beach. A party of 18 young people went there for a birthday party. Within a week ALL of them had tested positive. Every single one of them. There were probably four or five hundred people in and out of that bar that night. And that's one bar. There are probably two dozen that were packed to the rafters that weekend. That's one beach in one Florida city. Imagine the parties in Miami. What has happened was completely predictable. I knew it was going to happen, how is it that the Governor of Florida was that clueless? The answer is: He wasn't. He just cared more about kissing up to Trump than protecting the citizens of his state. In my opinion, that's criminal. Attempting to tie the outbreaks in red states to the protests defies logic. We should have had outbreaks in every city that had protests. I'm pretty sure the protests in Miami were very muted. The Cuban population doesn't much care for BLM. It is probably the largest city in the country with a Republican mayor. So the suggesting that this has anything to do with the protests is moronic.
    Agree. We're seeing the same in Texas/Arizona. Remember the threads here about how safe it is to open beaches? They ignored the fact that the parties go from the beaches, to bars/restaurants/homes, etc..

At the time, I called Fla/Texas residents 'patriots' for stepping up and agreeing to do a case study on Covid. They proved Fauci correct. It didn't take that long to do so.

Now we have idiots attempting to steer the discussion elsewhere. Like NY. Like protests.

All without a modicum of supporting data.

Unless you consider Hannity a source?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Okay, so you literally can't read. I said nothing about the beaches. My God, you are stupid. It's amazing. IT WAS THE BARS dimwit.
    OK so Memorial day opening the beaches is not a factor
    it was the bars/young people really -on this we agree.
    what was it in AZ and Tx? bars as well?

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Arizona bars on Memorial Day weekend. NO BEACHES NEEDED.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...rs/5279913002/

"It was a party in Old Town over Memorial Day weekend, as people packed into the Entertainment District's bars and clubs and jammed the dance floors. No masks, no distancing and no worries, apparently, among the clubbing crowd."

How about Houston?

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/hu...tations-issued

"Packed bars and pool parties seen in viral social media video over Memorial Day weekend has sparked concern among Houston leaders. Hundreds of complaints were filed over the three-day weekend, but zero citations were issued for any business that appeared to violate Governor Abbott's 25% capacity restriction. Houston 3-1-1 and the Harris County Fire Marshals Office collectively received nearly 1,400 complaints from Friday through Monday, but no citations were issued by either."

At least in those two states, the Governors pretended to care. Of course, those establishments should not have been open, period. Funny, not too many beaches in Houston either.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Arizona bars on Memorial Day weekend. NO BEACHES NEEDED.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...rs/5279913002/

"It was a party in Old Town over Memorial Day weekend, as people packed into the Entertainment District's bars and clubs and jammed the dance floors. No masks, no distancing and no worries, apparently, among the clubbing crowd."

How about Houston?

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/hu...tations-issued

"Packed bars and pool parties seen in viral social media video over Memorial Day weekend has sparked concern among Houston leaders. Hundreds of complaints were filed over the three-day weekend, but zero citations were issued for any business that appeared to violate Governor Abbott's 25% capacity restriction. Houston 3-1-1 and the Harris County Fire Marshals Office collectively received nearly 1,400 complaints from Friday through Monday, but no citations were issued by either."

At least in those two states, the Governors pretended to care. Of course, those establishments should not have been open, period. Funny, not too many beaches in Houston either.
    right . it aint the beaches, it's kids and bars.

Although we really cant trace . it could be Florida is stuck inside during hot summer.
    I think it's many factors despite brainless partisans saying "this -but not that"

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Goodbye dukkha,

lol. you are soo sensitive. you don't belong on a political board. take up knitting or something
    ~~

we KNOW the situation -we are looking at the numbers. they have been falling for 4 days now.

Tell me im too optimistic if you like, but dont tell me to "be aware" of the obvious
    It is fully expected that as the president goes down, some of his supporters will become less polite. Learning of mistakes made is not enjoyable.

I came to talk politics, not get personal.

Some people can do this, others can not. That's where I draw the line. I only wish to talk to those who can.

Your post does not meet my standards.

You now get to serve as the latest example that I mean what I say in my PIP.

Talking about politics, fine, talking about me results in Permanent Ignore. "Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads." This is my final post in this thread.

Have a nice life. Your comments won't be missed.

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

right . it aint the beaches, it's kids and bars.

Although we really cant trace . it could be Florida is stuck inside during hot summer.
    I think it's many factors despite brainless partisans saying "this -but not that"
    Do you have some kind of point from all this. When DeSantis opened the bars, he sent an engraved invitation to the virus to spread like wildfire. As night follows day, these young people infected the overall population, and the average age of infection began to rise. As did the hospitalizations. in Florida we are on the upward side of the curve. Cases may soon stabilize, but you won't see the hospitalizations peaks for a couple of weeks, and those are already in the danger zone. Then the deaths will tick up And there is STILL no mask mandate in the state of Florida, and restaurants are STILL open for indoor dining, and Disney World was has now opened, and DeSantis wants kids to go back to school. And you support this? I guess you consider this acceptable for, what? A small uptick in the economy, that is going to be temporary at best, and may get worse than it was originally? You think this is a good idea?

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you have some kind of point from all this. When DeSantis opened the bars, he sent an engraved invitation to the virus to spread like wildfire. As night follows day, these young people infected the overall population, and the average age of infection began to rise. As did the hospitalizations. in Florida we are on the upward side of the curve. Cases may soon stabilize, but you won't see the hospitalizations peaks for a couple of weeks, and those are already in the danger zone. Then the deaths will tick up And there is STILL no mask mandate in the state of Florida, and restaurants are STILL open for indoor dining, and Disney World was has now opened, and DeSantis wants kids to go back to school. And you support this? I guess you consider this acceptable for, what? A small uptick in the economy, that is going to be temporary at best, and may get worse than it was originally? You think this is a good idea?
    whoa. slow the fuck up. no blithering please

in regard to schools:
    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...in-Top-Journal
    ~~

in regard to Disney -they are supposed to be social distancing and wearing masks
    ~~

in regard to bars and kids -we know kids ( actually young adults not "kids") are problematic
    ~~

These are tough calls -you want to open up ASAP to help business owner.

recycling COVID patients to nursing home was a no brainer that Cuomo ignored -
    but deSantis went a step further and also prohibited visitors

Which is why NY is still far the leader in deaths

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,821 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I was not surprised that Trump won believe it or not. To me it just came down to observations up and down the coast. Every where I looked there were Trump signs in working America. The cities had more Clinton. I will tell you why I think he has shot this time also, once again observations. Democrats fail to realize two things. One, a good portion of their constituents work or have a business. And are Christian. Things Democrat politicians have shown they could give a damn about. Two, there are more Independents than members of either party. Independents also work, own businesses and are majority Christian. They see quite clearly Democrats do not care about them either. If you noticed, I did not address race here. No need too. It is meaningless. It means nothing. Every walk of life in this country, a vast majority, work and own businesses. Most identify as Christian. Democrats have show their true colors as to who they really care about. And it is backfiring on them in a big way.
    As usual. none of that is true. Independents are going to Biden bigly. If you are counting on them, you lost. Yard signs? Are you kidding? The Repubs work for the top 1 percent, not the workers and not small businesses. They are pro mergers and acquisitions making corporate control of industries worse and worse. They pass tax breaks to encourage that. Trump is as weak a Christian as you can envision. He is a fake one and has blown his connections badly. Biden is a real religious believer. He actually supports and attends mass. He goes to St. Josephs in Delaware. He is actually seen there.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

whoa. slow the fuck up. no blithering please

in regard to schools:
    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...in-Top-Journal
    ~~

in regard to Disney -they are supposed to be social distancing and wearing masks
    ~~

in regard to bars and kids -we know kids ( actually young adults not "kids") are problematic
    ~~

These are tough calls -you want to open up ASAP to help business owner.

recycling COVID patients to nursing home was a no brainer that Cuomo ignored -
    but deSantis went a step further and also prohibited visitors

Which is why NY is still far the leader in deaths
    No, these are NOT tough calls. The bars should have stayed closed. Any idiot could have figured that out. They were open for two weeks. They are closed again. In those two weeks, Miami become the epicenter of the epidemic, and Florida has more new cases than any other COUNTRY except for Brazil and India. It is also stupid to open Disney. It is stupid to open schools. These are the easiest calls in the world. So, DeSantis did ONE thing right, and absolutely EVERYTHING else wrong. And continues to do so. The state should, RIGHT NOW, issue a stay at home order. Gyms, salons, indoor dining, movie theaters, amusement parks should all IMMEDIATELY be closed, and mask wearing should be mandatory. That's how you flatten the curve. There is not a single tough call in that bunch. None. Period.

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,259 Times in 7,142 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Thanks for you opinion.

This election is going to be a referendum on Donald Trump! Plain and simple!

Trump divided the people of this nation. It became Trump supporters vs. EVERYBODY ELSE!

The problem for the Trump Supporters is, that tent never grew above the 42% and even that now has slipped back under 40% since the virus and recent police mishaps.

I agree that many people are calling themselves independents these days, but they are just tired of Donald Trump and looking for something different.

I suspect many of the independents will just say, "Fuck it", not vote, and let the chips fall where they may.

It seems the only voters emotionally charged up to vote are the Democrats and the original Trump Supporters.

That will not be enough for Donald Trump to win this time.

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who said anything about beaches? Memorial Day was the driver for the outbreak in Florida. Period, end of story. Your claim that hospitalizations occur two weeks after infection is just a flat out lie. It may take that long for symptoms to appear, hospitalizations occur weeks after the initial signs in most cases. Get a clue before you post. Please.
    darn right.....it might be twenty-thirty years before they die but its still Trump's fault!......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    As usual. none of that is true. Independents are going to Biden bigly. If you are counting on them, you lost. Yard signs? Are you kidding? The Repubs work for the top 1 percent, not the workers and not small businesses. They are pro mergers and acquisitions making corporate control of industries worse and worse. They pass tax breaks to encourage that. Trump is as weak a Christian as you can envision. He is a fake one and has blown his connections badly. Biden is a real religious believer. He actually supports and attends mass. He goes to St. Josephs in Delaware. He is actually seen there.
    Nordberg. Your record of being right on anything is exactly zero. Like most modern day liberals. Once again, I have no idea why you revel in your stupidity.