Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New hospitalizations in Florida declined for the fourth day in a row, to 227

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Deep State is obviously intent on making Donald Trumpf's COVID response look inept.

From everything I have read on rightwing blogs, Donald Trump's response to this pandemic has been aggressive, forward thinking, well planned, and nothing short of superb.
    lol. clueless "Deep State" rant

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    you IDIOT. how do you get "young people are infecting older people?" what's your source that is causing the mean age to rise? you gaslighting partisan -you just MAKE SHIT UP.

~~
    the point isn't "pollyanna" either dimwit Jackass. it could be the top of the curve- why it's important
    How exactly do you think the mean age is going to rise dimwit? Because the younger people BY DEFINITION have to be infecting older people. Otherwise the mean age wouldn't rise. I know you flunked math, but this is first grade stuff.

We aren't at the top of the curve when we've had 27,000 new cases in two days. Those cases will inevitably cause hospitalizations to go up. Which they still are, your bullshit premise to the contrary. The last two days had fewer reported hospitalizations BECAUSE IT WAS THE WEEKEND. Look at the damn graph. That drop happens every single weekend. Because the people that report the hospitalizations aren't working. Wow, was that ever hard to figure out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Althea (07-14-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    And...he lives there.
    Unfortunately, so do I.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,556 Times in 17,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Althea (07-14-2020)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Hospitalizations drop every weekend because not all hospitals report on the weekends. Looking at the chart this is obvious. He can't back up anything he says.

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

the number of confirmed deaths from COVID-19 in Florida increased by 35 people in Monday's report. It’s about half the number added to the death toll on average for the last week and the lowest number since July 5, when 29 new deaths were reported. The virus-related death toll for Florida residents was at 4,277.

New hospitalizations in Florida declined for the fourth day in a row, to 227, but the seven-day average of 350 additional hospitalizations reported each day remains the highest in the state record.
    https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...eaths/2261465/
    Nice cherry-picking job in the thread title.

"New hospitalizations in Florida declined for the fourth day in a row, to 227, but the seven-day average of 350 additional hospitalizations reported each day remains the highest in the state record."

Way to search out anything remotely positive hidden in the bad news. The severity of the pandemic in Florida is shocking:

"In South Florida, Miami-Dade County's case total rose Monday by more than 3,200, to 67,713, and the county's virus-related deaths rose to 1,143."

Florida is the new epicenter of coronavirus in the nation.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-14-2020)

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello dukkha,

"New hospitalizations in Florida declined for the fourth day in a row, to 227, but the seven-day average of 350 additional hospitalizations reported each day remains the highest in the state record."

Way to search out anything remotely positive hidden in the bad news. The severity of the pandemic in Florida is shocking:

"In South Florida, Miami-Dade County's case total rose Monday by more than 3,200, to 67,713, and the county's virus-related deaths rose to 1,143."

..."seven-day average of 350 additional hospitalizations reported each day remains the highest in the state record" and going down.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    ..."seven-day average of 350 additional hospitalizations reported each day remains the highest in the state record" and going down.
    Numbers go up, numbers come down.

Maybe Team Panic expects them to go up indefinitely lol. In any event, why should any of this be surprising? No one ever claimed opening up would preclude high COVID numbers.

The hope was—and so far it’s working, is that opening wouldn’t lead to *catastrophic* consequences. In fact, these openings were doing rather well until some people/idiots started taking to the streets by the thousands, sharing megaphones, shouting and screaming at one another, getting infected, going home infecting other people, traveling about and basically doing pretty much everything the rest of us couldn’t do since late March. Lest we kill ourselves and/or our neighbors.

And guess what starts to happen. COVID numbers start jumping up.

Who’d a thunk it. Any objective observer would look FIRST to the protests as the causative factor for the spikes but the media and the elites are telling us otherwise.

Why, you say? Because it’s an election year and all roads lead to Donald Trump. They literally think we’re idiots.

Meanwhile, Cuomo’s out plugging himself as some sort of hero even though he leads the country in death by COVID numbers—by a huge margin, and the death rate in NY was 10X the current death rate in FL. But now, NY is quiet and that can only be because of one thing.

Want to guess lol? It’s easy, just keep in mind it’s an election year. Cuomo followed Fauci’s guidelines—and because Trump, DeSanits didn’t. The media treats us like spoon fed morons because, because well, so many of us have become spoon fed morons.

Maybe, just maybe, Cuomo’s and DeBlasio’s April incompetency allowed NY to stumble and bumble it’s way to herd immunity. Makes perfect sense. Herd immunity is ‘a thing’ after all.

But Democrats and the media can’t beat Trump in the head with herd immunity.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (07-14-2020), Stretch (07-14-2020)

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello dukkha,

well i see you can parrot an OP -good for you.
    numbers have started coming down for the first time -get it? Hope that is a trend AS I WROTE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (07-14-2020)

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Erring on the side of caution while staying grounded in reality? There is a virus but I guarantee these numbers are deliberately inflated. Betcha after Nov. 5 you won't hear much about "Covid" at all.
    I wish you would be right about that, but I fear that you're not.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

asshat rant.unsupprted political garbage.
    I know what's "wrong with you" you are a braindead partisan for starters
    Sure thing there, Skipperoo.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    all I did was regurgitate
    doing that in public never turns out well.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Doubtful, and the way it looks today, on both accounts
    unfortunately for you, the election isn't today.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Here Archives, in case you need a left wing media source also: https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...e-dont-address
    lol.....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (07-14-2020)

21. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Hospitalizations drop every weekend because not all hospitals report on the weekends. Looking at the chart this is obvious. He can't back up anything he says.
    Weekends is r and r days for many. It's the day's everyone is out doing stuff and only following precaution, if they feel like it. Then you get all the new cases swarming in again only to slow down enough for them to do it all over again next weekend. For me, when I feel like I'm getting ill it always waits till Monday anyway. Most basic clinics are closed and options are limited. Normally it takes a day or two for a bacterial or viral infection to take hold anyway.