Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will Christianity do about turks defiling Hagia Sophia again???

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf What will Christianity do about turks defiling Hagia Sophia again???

Clearly the turk dictator is sending a message.....

What should civilization do about it??

Byzantine Emperor Justinian I ordered the building's construction in 532 CE; for nearly 1,000 years, its 55.6 meter (180 ft) dome covered the largest indoor space in the world. Over a millennium and a half, the monumental structure has been an Eastern Orthodox cathedral, a Roman Catholic cathedral, an Eastern Orthodox cathedral again, and then a mosque.

Today, the Hagia Sophia is one of Turkey’s largest tourist attractions; an estimated 3.7 million people visited the site in 2019. It became a museum in 1934, under a decree from the Cabinet of Ministers under then-president of the Turkish Republic, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,831 Times in 17,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

What do you want them to do?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

4. The Following User Groans At Minister of Truth For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (07-13-2020)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-13-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Clearly the turk dictator is sending a message.....

What should civilization do about it??

Byzantine Emperor Justinian I ordered the building's construction in 532 CE; for nearly 1,000 years, its 55.6 meter (180 ft) dome covered the largest indoor space in the world. Over a millennium and a half, the monumental structure has been an Eastern Orthodox cathedral, a Roman Catholic cathedral, an Eastern Orthodox cathedral again, and then a mosque.

Today, the Hagia Sophia is one of Turkey’s largest tourist attractions; an estimated 3.7 million people visited the site in 2019. It became a museum in 1934, under a decree from the Cabinet of Ministers under then-president of the Turkish Republic, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.
    It has not been a church in 600 years. More importantly, Western Christianity traditionally has never even considered Eastern Orthodoxy true Christians. The western Christians even sacked Constantinople in the 13th century, which fatally weakened the Byzantine Empire.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanks, I know...........

What is the Russian Orthodox going to do about it?? I am sure the Serbs wouldn't mind helping..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,831 Times in 17,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

Maybe looking for a new crusade.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Pope in Rome was sniveling about it..

I think the tyrant is doing this as a fuck you to the west.......

Now that the USA is pivoting to our problem in the east perhaps it's time to cull the NATO herd of it's most unwanted belligerent member..??

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It has not been a church in 600 years. More importantly, Western Christianity traditionally has never even considered Eastern Orthodoxy true Christians. The western Christians even sacked Constantinople in the 13th century, which fatally weakened the Byzantine Empire.
    palestinians arent a thing either.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

What is the Russian Orthodox going to do about it?? I am sure the Serbs wouldn't mind helping..
    The Russian state gave the Orthodox Church quite a beating during the 20th Century. It's hard to imagine Putin getting worked-up over a non-Church.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    The Russian state gave the Orthodox Church quite a beating during the 20th Century. It's hard to imagine Putin getting worked-up over a non-Church.
    Hard to keep up w/ his vasilations w/ turkey... He let them shoot down a plane & get away w/ it...... Of course he could have payed them back out of the public space..

I think there was one or two times the Russians were going to go in there & take back Constantinople but were prevented from doing so by the Birits...... For their own perceived selfish goals......

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I doubt the patriarch of Istanbul and the Metropolitan of Moscow are very happy about this.

I personally would like to see it remain a musuem. That building is" or should be, a world heritage site

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I doubt the patriarch of Istanbul and the Metropolitan of Moscow are very happy about this.

I personally would like to see it remain a musuem. That building is" or should be, a world heritage site
    That would be the best IMHO as well.

The reason I think it really irks me is why he is doing it.....

The only reason the west allowed them to even remain was to act as a bulwark against the Russians.....

He should of stuck w/ his pan-Turkic bull shit..... he can start his personal jihad in East Turkestan.........

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Turkey is evil as fuck... its controlled by the sabbati zvi jacob frank illumidonkey people. the sabbateans.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Never heard of them..........

Many of those "turks" probably have tons of Euro & Arab blood in them & on their hands..........

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That would be the best IMHO as well.

The reason I think it really irks me is why he is doing it.....

The only reason the west allowed them to even remain was to act as a bulwark against the Russians.....

He should of stuck w/ his pan-Turkic bull shit..... he can start his personal jihad in East Turkestan.........
    I have not been following developments in Turkey the way I probably should.

If the question is why Western civilization does not do something about Hagia Sophia, it really is mostly a concern of Eastern Orthodoxy as represented in large measure by the Russian Orthodox church. You have to admit there is some irony expecting Eastern Orthodox Russia to ride to the rescue of Hagia Sophia, while also noting it was in the interest of the West to support Ottoman Muslims to resist Russian influence.

Let's face it: geopolitics trumps making common cause with fellow Christian nations every single time. I mean the last time the Western church promised to ally with Eastern Orthodoxy to drive back the Muslims, the westerners actually sacked Constantinople and trashed the sacred sites of Eastern Orthodoxy Christianity!