Thread: Darth Omar bends the knee on masks

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Spent $15 on a box of masks so I could get into places here in WV. The governor mandated masks to be worn in public.

Leaks air like a sieve lol. But I put it on before I went into Wally World and didn’t feel one bit safer or one bit better about possibly giving someone the China Virus. Had to pull it down over my nose to keep from suffocating when I had walk five miles to the other end of the store for toothpaste.

But I’m in. I keep masks with me wherever I go. Sometimes I wish I knew less.
    Life's tuff Omar.. You need to get out & ride a couple hundred miles this week, sounds like your turning to a fat ass like your neighbors down the street-don't let that happen to you.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Life's tuff Omar.. You need to get out & ride a couple hundred miles this week, sounds like your turning to a fat ass like your neighbors down the street-don't let that happen to you.
    Heading out in the morning!

And I’m not wearing a damn mask lol. Trails should be fast since we have Dog Days drought going here in WV. Have to head out early because of the heat though. Don’t want to be caught out in it or there will be serious suffrage.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

That’s the spirit lol!
    Thanks! And my sister HAS ordered some nice masks for me. A couple Rolling Stones ones, with the mouth and tongue insignia, another one with a recent group photo of the four Rolling Stones, minus the bass player for hire, and even one with a pic of Keith Richards from the 1970's, wearing shades and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, and the mask reads, "Keith Richards For President". Also a very patriotic one with pictures of the American flag AND Jimi Hendrix, one with a cool pic of David Bowie, his face in a rainbow of colors. Even a Beavis and Butthead one, cool! And also a Grumpy Cat one. In addition to a few others. I own NO boring, single color masks, thanks to my sister!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2020.2 For This Post:

anatta (07-13-2020), AProudLefty (07-12-2020), Darth Omar (07-12-2020)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

And I’m not wearing a damn mask lol. Trails should be fast since we have Dog Days drought going here in WV. Have to head out early because of the heat though. Don’t want to be caught out in it or there will be serious suffrage.
    Just stay away from people, especially the ugly ones, and you'll be fine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-12-2020)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Monday morning where I go?

I’ll be surprised if I see a soul. I like it that way. Weekends I see people out there. Weekdays not so much.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-12-2020)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Actually, there are a fair amount of svelte female trail runners out there at times. Not so much weekdays though.

That is one drawback.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-12-2020)

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Be safe out there. How far you ridin??

If you use a balaclava you can have it around your neck, keeps the sun off & if you stop & need it, it's there..

It is 105 here right now.......... But it is very dry heat, not bad @ all, although I don't ride in it any more.....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you use a balaclava you can have it around your neck, keeps the sun off & if you stop & need it, it's there..

It is 105 here right now.......... But it is very dry heat, not bad @ all, although I don't ride in it any more.....
    Well, the minute I go on about the WV drought it decides to rains over night so I’ll probably let the trails dry out and try again tomorrow. But I’ll ride over to the gym later and use the mountain bike strictly for aerobic purposes. I have a short 7-8 mile road course with just enough hills in it to get the heart rate going.

Typically ride about 15 miles on actual mountain bike days. It’s a different animal than road biking. 15 miles on trails kicks me in the ass lol. And my 64 year old right knee starts to ‘not liking it’ towards the end, so yeah.

Jealous over your dry heat. Even mid-80’s can be miserable here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (07-13-2020)

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,590 Times in 51,902 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks for providing additional proof that your "medical expertise" is limited to reading the back of a Band-Aid box.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I remember back in the 1980s when seatbelt laws first came into effect. Lots and lots of whining about "they're uncomfortable" and "screw it, I'm not wearing them". I'd been flying for almost ten years by then so wearing a seatbelt was second-nature to me even in a car. People adapt.

Yes, a mask is hot and uncomfortable in mid-July. Filed under "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" is the note that if our nation had good leadership we'd have been asked to wear masks since last October-November. It would be second nature to us and, as temperatures warmed up, we'd have adapted. Obviously our national leadership sucks ass so here we are.

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Thanks for providing additional proof that your "medical expertise" is limited to reading the back of a Band-Aid box.

And that has what to do with riding a bike?

I know it’s early but try and be more coherent.

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And that has what to do with riding a bike?

I know it’s early but try and be more coherent.
    Nothing. OTOH, it has everything to do with this statement:
    ...And I’m not wearing a damn mask lol. Trails should be fast since we have Dog Days drought going here in WV. Have to head out early because of the heat though. Don’t want to be caught out in it or there will be serious suffrage.
    What strikes me as both funny and sad are adults who act like children. They think they can lie and everyone else will believe it, but what they don't realize is that none of the adults believe it and most of the children don't either. Darth, you are free to bullshit as much as you like, but that doesn't mean most people on this forum don't realize you are full of shit.

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

I mask up, but not outdoors. I could not breathe and exercise both.
    I do social distance -even at the pool- since we are a hot spot

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    There is no requirement to mask up when social distancing is observed. AFAIK, most states only require a mask when social distancing can't be maintained.

Exercising outside without a mask is fine but a person should have a mask in hand or lowered on their face in the event they encounter a situation where social distancing cannot be maintained. This isn't rocket science. It's something good leadership should have both been asking of us and leading by example for the past 6 months.

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    The bit about the mask was a joke lol.

I doubt seriously there’s ‘ambient COVID’ floating around in the WV boonies. Our mask compliance has gone way up though. They haven’t gone full-Nazi with it by handing out fines but it has to be up around 90% compliance in stores and what not. They even got me wearing one so that should tell you something.

So, I’ll be looking for our numbers to drop significantly in the coming weeks. And if not, I’ll be looking for an explanation from certain individuals.

Not you though.