Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus surges linked mostly to protests -- and proximity to US-Mexico border

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default Coronavirus surges linked mostly to protests -- and proximity to US-Mexico border

'Protesting, sharing megaphones, screaming ... That's a setup to spread cases,' Atlas says
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-atl...-mexico-border

Most of the cases in the Southwest -- California, Arizona and Texas -- are occuring in counties closest to the U.S.-Mexico border, Atlas told anchor Jon Scott during an appearance on on "Fox Report Weekend."

"When you look in the southern counties of California, Arizona and the bordering counties of Texas -- with the Mexico border -- these are where most of these cases are really exploding," Atlas said. "And then you look at the Mexico map and in Mexico, that's where their cases are. Their cases are in the northern border zone states. And it turns out the timeline here correlates much more to the Mexico timeline of increasing cases than anything else."

IN FLORIDA, OVER 40 HOSPITALS MAX OUT ICU CAPACITY AMID CORONAVIRUS SURGE

Spikes in Texas, Florida and Arizona don't essentially line up with reopening but with Mexico's surge and the recent protests that have gripped the U.S., Atlas said.

"When you really look closely at these so-called re-opening policies, whether it's in Georgia or Florida or Texas, you know, we didn't really see a big correlation of cases and hospitalizations from that," Atlas said. "That's really not true. That's sort of some sloppy thinking, I think, again. We really ... have to look closely at why these things are happening.

"By the way. California didn't really reopen. Yet they have cases coming up. Why is that? I mean, that's because these cases don't really correlate to that."
    'A setup to spread cases'

"They correlate mainly to two things -- the big thousands and thousands of people with protesting, sharing megaphones, screaming. That's a setup to spread cases," Atlas said. "And also when you look at the analysis of the border counties, there's a tremendous amount of cases coming over the border and exchanging with families in the northern Mexico states."
    Atlas also explained the hospital capacity situation in Texas and Arizona.

"So the real concern that that I see right now is that there are hospitals getting crowded in their ICUs and this is clearly a concern," Atlas said. "The crowding is from the reinstatement of regular medical care, which is actually very important. We have locked that down before and that policy kills people. So we don't want to go back to that."

"The solution to this is really protect the high risk in a more diligent way than we are, the very highest-risk group. We have been very, very clear about that to people," Atlas said. "The second part is increase the hospital capacity."
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

countryboy (07-12-2020), Earl (07-12-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"So the real concern that that I see right now is that there are hospitals getting crowded in their ICUs and this is clearly a concern," Atlas said. "The crowding is from the reinstatement of regular medical care, which is actually very important. We have locked that down before and that policy kills people. So we don't want to go back to that."
    i believe TX. just postponed all elective surgery

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bullshit. People aren't taking things seriously. I see more protestors in masks than on tourists walking busy streets or piled on top of each other at parties. Look forward to more states having huge fines for not wearing masks. $500 here starting Monday. Prepare those toddler tantrum engines. But, but, but my made-up rights.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-12-2020), Phantasmal (07-12-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

I forgot one other little ditty. Cases are skyrocketing where they have dumbass governors that went lax on restriction in their states. On top of that those states have some of the highest percentages of older populations in the nation. Genius.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-12-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    i believe TX. just postponed all elective surgery
    I believe they did.

Which means probably all elective procedures; which means another future rise in hospital beds being tied up with patients because their treatments were delayed. And around they go.

Atlas also pointed out something out that bears mentioning: some if not most of these spikes don’t correlate neatly with opening up. Team Apocalypse [nationally, not just here] are predominantly lefties so they are politically hesitant to look at any other variables besides masks and opening up.

But if lockdowns and masks are all that, how could all these protests *not* be a factor in the spikes? Immigration from Mexico is another. We are to believe Mexicans coming across the border stop at the first place they can find and get tested lol?

No. They are going straight to reunite with their families here or get lost somewhere else in the country. In fact, it’s entirely plausible that one of the reasons this country isn’t doing as well as they are in Europe *is because we don’t control our southern border*.

But, there’s not a good Trump angle to that variable. In fact, the media wouldn’t touch that with a ten foot pole. For reasons that should be obvious.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (07-12-2020), ExpressLane (07-12-2020)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

'Protesting, sharing megaphones, screaming ... That's a setup to spread cases,' Atlas says

Most of the cases in the Southwest -- California, Arizona and Texas -- are occuring in counties closest to the U.S.-Mexico border, Atlas told anchor Jon Scott during an appearance on on "Fox Report Weekend."

"When you look in the southern counties of California, Arizona and the bordering counties of Texas -- with the Mexico border -- these are where most of these cases are really exploding," Atlas said. "And then you look at the Mexico map and in Mexico, that's where their cases are. Their cases are in the northern border zone states. And it turns out the timeline here correlates much more to the Mexico timeline of increasing cases than anything else."

Spikes in Texas, Florida and Arizona don't essentially line up with reopening but with Mexico's surge and the recent protests that have gripped the U.S., Atlas said.

"When you really look closely at these so-called re-opening policies, whether it's in Georgia or Florida or Texas, you know, we didn't really see a big correlation of cases and hospitalizations from that," Atlas said. "That's really not true. That's sort of some sloppy thinking, I think, again. We really ... have to look closely at why these things are happening.

"By the way. California didn't really reopen. Yet they have cases coming up. Why is that? I mean, that's because these cases don't really correlate to that."

"The solution to this is really protect the high risk in a more diligent way than we are, the very highest-risk group. We have been very, very clear about that to people," Atlas said. "The second part is increase the hospital capacity."

your assertion that Florida is near the Mexico border is incorrect

11. The Following 2 Users Groan At katzgar For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-12-2020), Earl (07-12-2020)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Charoite (07-12-2020), Guno צְבִי (07-12-2020), Phantasmal (07-12-2020)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    Mexicans can sneak across the border but they can’t get to FL lol.

Wow, I never thought of that. Dang, you’re like soo smart.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (07-12-2020), ExpressLane (07-12-2020)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I believe they did.

Which means probably all elective procedures; which means another future rise in hospital beds being tied up with patients because their treatments were delayed. And around they go.

Atlas also pointed out something out that bears mentioning: some if not most of these spikes don’t correlate neatly with opening up. Team Apocalypse [nationally, not just here] are predominantly lefties so they are politically hesitant to look at any other variables besides masks and opening up.

But if lockdowns and masks are all that, how could all these protests *not* be a factor in the spikes? Immigration from Mexico is another. We are to believe Mexicans coming across the border stop at the first place they can find and get tested lol?

No. They are going straight to reunite with their families here or get lost somewhere else in the country. In fact, it’s entirely plausible that one of the reasons this country isn’t doing as well as they are in Europe *is because we don’t control our southern border*.

But, there’s not a good Trump angle to that variable. In fact, the media wouldn’t touch that with a ten foot pole. For reasons that should be obvious.
    ^ lots of good points here: from the article:

~~
    Mexico cases explains the SW. Florida being a tourist state is prolly one other factor.

None of which have anything to do with re-opening back in late May

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-12-2020), ExpressLane (07-12-2020)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    your mind finally managed to croak out a thought..amazing.
    ~~

Florida gets a shitload of tourists. DisneyWorld just reopened. We got lots of Mexicans, etc

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

ExpressLane (07-12-2020)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

^ lots of good points here: from the article:

~~
    Mexico cases explains the SW. Florida being a tourist state is prolly one other factor.

None of which have anything to do with re-opening back in late May
    I started a thread at least a month ago about ‘where are the open state catastrophes?’. Point being, states [at the time] had been open long enough that we should be seeing spikes related to opening. No, I went back and looked—I started that thread on May 18th.

But that was before George Kirby *died* and before the protests and weeks and weeks of statue toppling and all the lefties madness.

But again, there’s no Trump angle to the protests. If it doesn’t have a Trump angle, the media ignores it.

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I started a thread at least a month ago about ‘where are the open state catastrophes?’. Point being, states [at the time] had been open long enough that we should be seeing spikes related to opening. No, I went back and looked—I started that thread on May 18th.
    it's obvious reopening is long ago not to be a factor in the uptick. Worse down south,but it's happening all over.
    Wear a mask. practice hygiene . limit exposure.. and prescribe me some hydroxy!! lol

But again, there’s no Trump angle to the protests. If it doesn’t have a Trump angle, the media ignores it.
    i.e fake news

But that was before George Kirby *died* and before the protests and weeks and weeks of statue toppling and all the lefties madness.
    Pelosi literally doesnt care about "some statues"
    -this is the f*cking SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE that cares not

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-12-2020), Earl (07-12-2020)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of course the "reopening" narrative was bullshit from the start. Most states had been reopened for at least a couple of months before this latest surge in cases. In Ohio, we've been reopened since early May, and our spike in cases is occurring in counties with high concentrations of libs, and protests. The so-called "experts" have sold their collective souls to Satan, and the "science" is completely tainted at this point. Aesop was right, and we no longer believe the libs who cried wolf. Which means, if they actually need to get a message out about a genuine crisis, nobody is going to heed their warning. As usual, leftist lunatics have done irreparable harm to everything they put their grubby little meat hooks on.
    Every life matters

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (07-12-2020), TOP (07-12-2020)

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,626 Times in 9,294 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Of course the "reopening" narrative was bullshit from the start. Most states had been reopened for at least a couple of months before this latest surge in cases. In Ohio, we've been reopened since early May, and our spike in cases is occurring in counties with high concentrations of libs, and protests. The so-called "experts" have sold their collective souls to Satan, and the "science" is completely tainted at this point. Aesop was right, and we no longer believe the libs who cried wolf. Which means, if they actually need to get a message out about a genuine crisis, nobody is going to heed their warning. As usual, leftist lunatics have done irreparable harm to everything they put their grubby little meat hooks on.
    Ohio's cases have risen because people don't wear mask.And the Governor is scared to make people wear mask.
    So now it's mayors doing it
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    Ohio's cases have risen because people don't wear mask.And the Governor is scared to make people wear mask.
    So now it's mayors doing it
    As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. We've been reopening since May, why only the recent spike in cases? What has happened in the interim?

A lot of people here wear masks, workers are mandated to. You really should do at least a cursory amount of research before spewing your bovine excrement. https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por.../covid-19/home
    Every life matters

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. We've been reopening since May, why only the recent spike in cases? What has happened in the interim?
    Allowing bars and restaurants to reopen, along with other close proximity businesses, some not enforcing masks.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-12-2020)