Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: In a nod to falling poll numbers Trump dons a mask!

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Yes, they are. That's why they're experts. Are you really this dumb, or is it an act?
    How many times have our foreign policy ‘experts’ failed us? Economic ‘experts’?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Sailor (07-12-2020)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,227 Times in 6,865 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    the plan is "think for yourself"
    the medical establishment has destroyed hydroxy as a viable first stage treatment option.
    basic research of the various studies tell us that
    So, we're in the middle of a pandemic - the worst healthcare crisis in a generation.

And your plan is to ignore basic precautions recommended by healthcare organizations and professionals around the world, like distancing, wearing a mask & washing hands.

And instead just having each individual do their own thing, whatever that is.

I am without speech.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-12-2020)

5. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    You don't understand one word of the 'basic research'. You are told what to think, and you come here and parrot it. Why in the world would I even consider anything you say that contradicts the medical community? The answer, of course, is that I wouldn't.
    I pointed out where the ‘medical community’ was saying one thing before 2020 and different thing in 2020.

And you called me a moron for pointing it out.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    A) Even experts can be wrong. But their track record is generally better than those who have no education or experience in a given field.
    B) What is your alternative plan? Completely discard their opinion, and forever devalue actual education, experience and knowledge?

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Shhhhh, the adults are making fun of you.

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Republicans have been moving in this direction for years. Karen Hughes infamously didn't trust anyone who read books in the Bush WH.

The rejection of knowledge. I'm sure it will get us far.

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

I pointed out where the ‘medical community’ was saying one thing before 2020 and different thing in 2020.

And you called me a moron for pointing it out.
    No, I called you a moron for thinking that made them 'wrong'. Which you are. Thanks for asking.

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

We are dealing with Renaissance men. They are capable of being better than experts in everything. That's why they always
    disagree with experts. Who'd have thunk the US peasant classes was teeming with Leonardo da Vincis. That is so long
    as whatever is under discussion is a matter upon which Trump has opined. Trump is the lodestar.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

BartenderElite (07-12-2020), Phantasmal (07-12-2020)

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Republicans have been moving in this direction for years. Karen Hughes infamously didn't trust anyone who read books in the Bush WH.

The rejection of knowledge. I'm sure it will get us far.
    but but but..."working man common sense" wait for it...3-2-1

Oh, and effete latte swilling liberal elites. Tea bags brought back the dumb as a positive moral virtue schtick.
    I don't want to identify with my leaders. I want them to be demonstrably better and smarter than I am. And I certainly don't
    one demonstrably dumber than me. Republicans want to have a beer with their president and eat nachos.

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

So, we're in the middle of a pandemic - the worst healthcare crisis in a generation.

And your plan is to ignore basic precautions recommended by healthcare organizations and professionals around the world, like distancing, wearing a mask & washing hands.

I am without speech.
    Bu...bu....but you forget that Trump says it's a fake virus and there's nothing to worry about.

Remember these Trump gems?: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/tr...e-coronavirus/

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

March 4: “Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number.” — Trump in an interview on Fox News, referring to the percentage of diagnosed COVID-19 patients worldwide who had died, as reported by the World Health Organization. (See our item “Trump and the Coronavirus Death Rate.”)
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am without speech.
    And here’s another thing.

The global healthcare organizations or whatever it is you’re trying to appeal to, they lost all credibility when they didn’t shut down the BLM protests. No, giving lip service about ‘oh, they shouldn’t be doing that’ doesn’t cut it.

Millions of Americans were *lectured to* about how they needed to stay inside, avoid crowds, couldn’t go to the beach, couldn’t attend church, stay at home and etc.

And when tens of thousands of protesters hit the streets...nothing but crickets.

15. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And here’s another thing.

The global healthcare organizations or whatever it is you’re trying to appeal to, they lost all credibility when they didn’t shut down the BLM protests. No, giving lip service about ‘oh, they shouldn’t be doing that’ doesn’t cut it.

Millions of Americans were *lectured to* about how they needed to stay inside, avoid crowds, couldn’t go to the beach, couldn’t attend church, stay at home and etc.

And when tens of thousands of protesters hit the streets...nothing but crickets.
    Not everything is partisan, Darth. Fauci, the CDC & all the rest ALL said that the protests would lead to more spread.

They're healthcare organizations. Not sure if you're aware of the power structure in both American and the world - but they do not have the power to "shut down the protests."
    Last edited by BartenderElite; 07-12-2020 at 12:05 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-12-2020)

17. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A quick google shows dozens of comments from Fauci & others at the beginning of June warning about the protests & saying that there was great risk in what they were doing.

Not "crickets."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-12-2020)

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Who is "us"?. The Repub economists have helped create an enormous wealth gap moving all the power and money to the top. They are acting according to plan. Like Trump said to the people at Mira Lago, when the stupid tax cut went through. " I have made you all a lot richer". That is according to plan.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-12-2020)

21. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    but but but..."working man common sense" wait for it...3-2-1

Oh, and effete latte swilling liberal elites. Tea bags brought back the dumb as a positive moral virtue schtick.
    I don't want to identify with my leaders. I want them to be demonstrably better and smarter than I am. And I certainly don't
    one demonstrably dumber than me.
    Republicans want to have a beer with their president and eat nachos.
    So...ah, you are not voting for Biden, Pelosi, Schiff or any other dumb fuck Democrat this time around. Got it.