Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: In a nod to falling poll numbers Trump dons a mask!

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Who is "us"?. The Repub economists have helped create an enormous wealth gap moving all the power and money to the top. They are acting according to plan. Like Trump said to the people at Mira Lago, when the stupid tax cut went through. " I have made you all a lot richer". That is according to plan.
    STFU. You could have both if you got your lazy ass and did something.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    You should read half these goofballs when climate change gets some front burner time again.
    When credibility is trashed it is hard to rebuild.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Micawber (07-12-2020)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    And here’s another thing.

The global healthcare organizations or whatever it is you’re trying to appeal to, they lost all credibility when they didn’t shut down the BLM protests. No, giving lip service about ‘oh, they shouldn’t be doing that’ doesn’t cut it.

Millions of Americans were *lectured to* about how they needed to stay inside, avoid crowds, couldn’t go to the beach, couldn’t attend church, stay at home and etc.

And when tens of thousands of protesters hit the streets...nothing but crickets.
    That's not true. Many voices spoke up that the protests were not always practicing proper social distancing and mask wearing.

And if you're concerned about it why have you taken a position against mask wearing?

Instead, you've taken a position that what they did was wrong, so that makes it OK for you to do something wrong too.

Here's what people are saying:

Just because one wrong is committed, that doesn't make it OK for more wrongs to be committed.

Saying that it makes it OK is nothing but excuse-making.

It does not make a wrong thing OK.

And how on Earth are global healthcare organizations supposed to shut down protesting? That's not their function.

Your post amounts to just looking for excuses to do whatever you want to do anyway.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello BartenderElite,

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    A quick google shows dozens of comments from Fauci & others at the beginning of June warning about the protests & saying that there was great risk in what they were doing.

Not "crickets."
    Stop it. You're wrecking the excuse!

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Not everything is partisan, Darth. Fauci, the CDC & all the rest ALL said that the protests would lead to more spread.

They're healthcare organizations. Not sure if you're aware of the power structure in both American and the world - but they do not have the power to "shut down the protests."
    (CNN) Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne said he wouldn't close the doors of his Tampa, Florida, megachurch until the End Times begin. The police weren't willing to wait that long.

On Monday, Florida sheriff's deputies arrested the evangelical pastor, who has continued to host large church services despite public orders urging residents to stay home to help contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rch/index.html
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

(CNN) Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne said he wouldn't close the doors of his Tampa, Florida, megachurch until the End Times begin. The police weren't willing to wait that long.

On Monday, Florida sheriff's deputies arrested the evangelical pastor, who has continued to host large church services despite public orders urging residents to stay home to help contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rch/index.html
    The church service would have been a scheduled planned activity, the protests were largely spontaneous, all the pastor had to do was call off the services, ain't that easy calling off a protest demonstration

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,227 Times in 6,865 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    The church service would have been a scheduled planned activity, the protests were largely spontaneous, all the pastor had to do was call off the services, ain't that easy calling off a protest demonstration
    You're trying to actually use logic.

That seems so quaint these days.

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Why not at least threaten to arrest them like they do white people lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're trying to actually use logic.

That seems so quaint these days.
    He had to find some way around it, so he gets points for that lol.

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sowing seeds of doubt about mask effectiveness has the side effect of putting a further damper on Trump's economy.
    If I thought it did not provide reasonable protection I would not leave the house to shop.

12. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He had to find some way around it, so he gets points for that lol.
    It's not "around it."

They are 2 radically different situations.

13. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Sowing seeds of doubt about mask effectiveness has the side effect of putting a further damper on Trump's economy.
    If I thought it did not provide reasonable protection I would not leave the house to shop.
    I was genuinely happy w/ Trump's effort yesterday.

But then he blew it w/ his statements afterward, basically backing off of endorsing masks. His aides - who tried so hard to set that event up - must have been crestfallen.

It's too much for the man. He is dug in on the "masks are PC" hill.

14. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

How many times have our foreign policy ‘experts’ failed us? Economic ‘experts’?
    Because in part those types of experts disagree on the desired goals. With masks we all know the goal and agree on it.

Apples to oranges, but you knew that before you posted it. It's why you didn't use the example of experts in rocket telemetry
    and complex math and compare them to your country bumpkin armchair experts. Who do you want representing
    the USA against Russia in chess, Fabiano Caruana or Cletus from the Jiffy Lube in Harper's Ferry? Have you next door neighbor
    take the lead on broadway tonight.See how that works out.

Experts suck is the lamest right wing trope going.

15. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was genuinely happy w/ Trump's effort yesterday.

But then he blew it w/ his statements afterward, basically backing off of endorsing masks. His aides - who tried so hard to set that event up - must have been crestfallen.

It's too much for the man. He is dug in on the "masks are PC" hill.
    He was walking into a medical facility lol.

Looked like he was auditioning for ISIS. If I were walking into a COVID ward I would want an N95 and not a surgical mask. In fact, I severely doubt they’d allow anyone in with a surgical mask, bandanna or what have you. Trump may have been wearing an actual N95 and not one of the faux N95’s you see out.

But you won. Now everyone is masked up. Even me and Trump. When do you think the numbers will start dropping?

16. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He was walking into a medical facility lol.

Looked like he was auditioning for ISIS. If I were walking into a COVID ward I would want an N95 and not a surgical mask. In fact, I severely doubt they’d allow anyone in with a surgical mask, bandanna or what have you. Trump may have been wearing an actual N95 and not one of the faux N95’s you see out.

But you won. Now everyone is masked up. Even me and Trump. When do you think the numbers will start dropping?
    Are they? I'll believe it when I see it, Darth.

Before you FINALLY admitted you were wrong, most in Fox Nation were decrying the loss of liberty, and the "virtue signaling" of this basic precautionary measure.

The history books on it will not be kind. I foresee a lot of, "But why didn't they just wear masks?" questions to teachers and parents for centuries....