Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: America, are you ready for Joe Biden?.....

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Question: What would you replace them with?
    individuals liable for their commitments.

was there trade before corporations? yes, there was.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,291 Times in 13,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    individuals liable for their commitments.
    True.

was there trade before corporations? yes, there was.
    True too, but corporations allow individuals to risk capital (money) without risking personal assets. By allowing people to invest in a company without being an actual owner and libel for the debts should that enterprise fail, it allowed people with disposable income to take risk at a reasonable rate of return. Where corporate law gets screwed up is when government intervenes and you get things like bail outs because a corporation is supposedly "too big to fail."

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    True.

True too, but corporations allow individuals to risk capital (money) without risking personal assets. By allowing people to invest in a company without being an actual owner and libel for the debts should that enterprise fail, it allowed people with disposable income to take risk at a reasonable rate of return. Where corporate law gets screwed up is when government intervenes and you get things like bail outs because a corporation is supposedly "too big to fail."
    I understand. the corporate veil. there's two sides to it. its amazing trade ever started at all before the miracles of corporations. :jackmeoff:

bug or feature?

like I said, three card monty games.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lol.....you think getting rid of stock market capitalism just means holding someone accountable?.......now THAT is stupid.....
    Think what you wish.......... I have been in the market longer than many posters here have been on the planet-you do & think what you want about it no one cares........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

don't worry, Bill......your place on my list of mindless fuckwits is cemented in place......
    No wonder you rarely make any threads, you lack the self-control to even stay on topic w/ your own topic......

No one needs to hijack your threads, you do it yourself..... Fuckin funny when trolls troll their own threads.

Dude, you need help..

trollaholics would help or perhaps a near death experience w/ a long bungee off a short bridge??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Think what you wish.......... I have been in the market longer than many posters here have been on the planet-you do & think what you want about it no one cares........
    the issue isn't what I think of corporations......the issue is what the New Redesigned Progressive Biden thinks of corporations......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No wonder you rarely make any threads, you lack the self-control to even stay on topic w/ your own topic......

No one needs to hijack your threads, you do it yourself..... Fuckin funny when trolls troll their own threads.

Dude, you need help..

trollaholics would help or perhaps a near death experience w/ a long bungee off a short bridge??
    sad the demmycunts can't even speak to what their nominee intends to do......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,054 Times in 2,849 Posts

the issue isn't what I think of corporations......the issue is what the New Redesigned Progressive Biden thinks of corporations......
    And I told you what Biden thinks thirty some posts ago, not what you claim that he thinks "we don't need no stinking stock market," but rather that America should move away from the Gordon Gekko ethics in business, which again, I do believe most Americans wouldn't find a problem

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The incorporated capital of America is where he is from.....

IMHO he wont do anything like your trying to scare up. But likely we'll find out soon enough............lol

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

sad the demmycunts can't even speak to what their nominee intends to do......
    Perhaps when he clarifies it we will all have a clearer understanding of what he intends....... Doing & intending aint the same in politics as you know!!

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    And I told you what Biden thinks thirty some posts ago, not what you claim that he thinks "we don't need no stinking stock market," but rather that America should move away from the Gordon Gekko ethics in business, which again, I do believe most Americans wouldn't find a problem
    I am happy you are able to channel the Great Biden Spirit in the Sky........now all we need is for Joe to figure out how to do it........

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Perhaps when he clarifies it we will all have a clearer understanding of what he intends
    exciting.....do you think he'll do it before or after the election......probably after so as not to upset AOC.......her crowd are so looking forward to the abolishment of corporations........

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

exciting.....do you think he'll do it before or after the election......probably after so as not to upset AOC.......her crowd are so looking forward to the abolishment of corporations........
    He will clarify before & do nothing after...

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He will clarify before & do nothing after...
    so you're okay with him lying to progressives to get their vote.......I thought you didn't like that sort of thing......

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so you're okay with him lying to progressives to get their vote.......I thought you didn't like that sort of thing......
    He isn't my problem....

He's a politician, what are you expecting?? Someone like yourself, a man of truth, honestly, integrity, justice & the American way, able to leap tall buildings in a single bounce??