Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COVID solution: emulate success

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Default COVID solution: emulate success

This is so easy. At this point of the pandemic, there are very clear success stories, and very clear failures.

Some countries and states have brought the spread down to very minimal levels - and they have been able to re-open and make plans for more economic activity as a result (not to mention save lives).

And the formula is very clear, very simple, and does not involve any major sacrifice or hardship. It goes like this: Distance. Wash your hands. Wear a mask. Test & trace.

And that's it. Every state & municipality should be copying exactly what has worked in other areas.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,160 Times in 33,862 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    This is so easy. At this point of the pandemic, there are very clear success stories, and very clear failures.

Some countries and states have brought the spread down to very minimal levels - and they have been able to re-open and make plans for more economic activity as a result (not to mention save lives).

And the formula is very clear, very simple, and does not involve any major sacrifice or hardship. It goes like this: Distance. Wash your hands. Wear a mask. Test & trace.

And that's it.
    It is becoming more evident each day that this was a clusterfuck, my crude language, but, it is the truth.

It is the first time, in a long time, that other countries are going to have to help save us.

The Trump administration is out trying to blame China, yet again, while it’s obvious that Trump and the Governors are to blame for the areas that are spiking.

Our medical professionals are short on PPE once, again, and complain if you find it, it’s expensive. China isn’t causing us a shortage of PPE, that’s all Trump for not leading.

People watch their local news stations, ours is painting a very desperate situation here for our medical community, and flu season starts soon. It is my hope that won’t take off if we’re wearing masks, social distancing and using all precautions necessary.

In the meantime, Dim Dung Don is running his campaign and not taking care of the pandemic. Dear Leader is losing his war.

3. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-11-2020)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (07-11-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

And that's it. Every state & municipality should be copying exactly what has worked in other areas.
    Trump believes in packing people like sardines into indoor arenas, and neither requiring them nor haranguing them to put on face masks.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

BartenderElite (07-11-2020), Phantasmal (07-11-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    It is becoming more evident each day that this was a clusterfuck, my crude language, but, it is the truth.

It is the first time, in a long time, that other countries are going to have to help save us.

The Trump administration is out trying to blame China, yet again, while it’s obvious that Trump and the Governors are to blame for the areas that are spiking.

Our medical professionals are short on PPE once, again, and complain if you find it, it’s expensive. China isn’t causing us a shortage of PPE, that’s all Trump for not leading.

People watch their local news stations, ours is painting a very desperate situation here for our medical community, and flu season starts soon. It is my hope that won’t take off if we’re wearing masks, social distancing and using all precautions necessary.

In the meantime, Dim Dung Don is running his campaign and not taking care of the pandemic. Dear Leader is losing his war.
    We should have emulated what other countries did who successfully mitigated the risk, but Trump and his rightwing fan boys on this forum wanted to deny and downplay the risk. There are posts on this forum claiming COVID is basically just like the common cold

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's quite clear that Trump got bored dealing with Covid,so he just stopped.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

BartenderElite (07-11-2020)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post

The history books that are written about this period will be much more clear, and much more damning.

We have a criminal lack of leadership in this country. If we were going to write a blueprint for how we can actually help the virus succeed, it would look very close to how Trump is handling it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-11-2020)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    It's quite clear that Trump got bored dealing with Covid,so he just stopped.
    That is for sure - he is a lazy person, ultimately. But COVID also makes HIM look bad. And no one (or no virus) is allowed to do that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-11-2020)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,160 Times in 33,862 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is for sure - he is a lazy person, ultimately. But COVID also makes HIM look bad. And no one (or no virus) is allowed to do that.
    He tried to take his ball and go home, but COVID 19 isn’t having it. He stole the ball and is running down the court.

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

The history books that are written about this period will be much more clear, and much more damning.

We have a criminal lack of leadership in this country. If we were going to write a blueprint for how we can actually help the virus succeed, it would look very close to how Trump is handling it.
    The operative word, IMHO is criminal. I guess just like Don Junior, who was too stupid to know his behavior was criminal, the Trump cult will get away with murder. Literally. There is no question in my mind that thousands of people have been infected in this country by Trumptards who refused to wear a mask. They will also be defenstrated by the history books. They are in my mind no better than the Nazi sympathizers, who, like the Trump cult, argued that they believed their Dear Leader. But make no mistake, they are complicit. But the leadership? They are guilty of crimes. Reckless negligence, maybe manslaughter. I'm watching DeSantis bald faced lie on TV right now. He claimed he prohibited visits to assisted living facilities and that has been in place since March. I KNOW that's a lie, because the facility my parents live in has allowed in person visits by appointment. So DeSantis is full of shit. A liar, hopelessly corrupt, and willfully negligent. Just like the guy whose ass he is kissing. History will not be kind. And neither will I.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Cases rise now with aggressive testing.
    Death rate continues to fall.
    https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d....&country=~USA
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    The operative word, IMHO is criminal. I guess just like Don Junior, who was too stupid to know his behavior was criminal, the Trump cult will get away with murder. Literally. There is no question in my mind that thousands of people have been infected in this country by Trumptards who refused to wear a mask. They will also be defenstrated by the history books. They are in my mind no better than the Nazi sympathizers, who, like the Trump cult, argued that they believed their Dear Leader. But make no mistake, they are complicit. But the leadership? They are guilty of crimes. Reckless negligence, maybe manslaughter. I'm watching DeSantis bald faced lie on TV right now. He claimed he prohibited visits to assisted living facilities and that has been in place since March. I KNOW that's a lie, because the facility my parents live in has allowed in person visits by appointment. So DeSantis is full of shit. A liar, hopelessly corrupt, and willfully negligent. Just like the guy whose ass he is kissing. History will not be kind. And neither will I.
    I'm convinced that just the simple act of mask-wearing - which I never in a gazillion years would have thought would become some sort of political issue - would have the U.S. in great shape right now, if it had been universally practiced.

We'd be more like Europe.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm convinced that just the simple act of mask-wearing - which I never in a gazillion years would have thought would become some sort of political issue - would have the U.S. in great shape right now, if it had been universally practiced.

We'd be more like Europe.
    That, and waiting until Memorial Day to start opening some retail businesses. We went too fast, so this will wind up way worse for those businesses. It's like an athlete coming back too soon from an injury. They have to start the rehab all over again. We are at square one, we've made no progress in the fight against the virus.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would add that we continue to add more states to the hit list. Minnesota is seeing an uptick in cases now too, along with all those southern states that are getting hammered. European countries are all down, we are skyrocketing. It isn't hard to figure out why.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ECDC reported correct numbers for cases and deaths.
    The U.S. CDC has inflated ours by COMBINING probable & confirmed reports.
    You've been lied to. We all have. Get woke.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

pain in abortion.