1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,423 Times in 52,447 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

The president's disregard for human life is appalling. It is dangerous for the USA to have him in that office.
    Agreed. This disregard leaves two possible causes; Trump is evil or Trump is mentally ill.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-14-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-14-2020)

4. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,828 Times in 17,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Coronas' lasting effects are revealing themselves. Many that had it have concomitant heart problems. https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/co...-on-the-heart/ It is too soon to know if this is a permanent problem. But people sloughing off this illness are making a mistake. To some degree, all organs can be impacted.

5. #348 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Because rugged individualism isn't going to make this virus go away. Your solution is BS. A kid gets the virus at school and spreads it to their parents, who of course are heading for work because that's what your Dear Leader wants. And then they can infect their co-workers. If you think totalitarianism is working with others than you're just another ugly entitled American. I can't imagine what you would have done in London during the blitz. Oh the HORROR!!! You can't make me turn off my lights!!!! Grow up.
    Shutting down the country indefinitely and demanding Americans hide under their beds is not feasible or we will become a 3rd world shithole. Those at high risk should take precautions, young strapping healthy people should continue to live their lives.

Stop being a brainwashed sheeplet.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-14-2020), Earl (07-14-2020)

7. #349 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Shutting down the country indefinitely and demanding Americans hide under their beds is not feasible or we will become a 3rd world shithole. Those at high risk should take precautions, young strapping healthy people should continue to live their lives.

How do you think this spike started?? Young people ‘leading their lives’. Are you this clueless? Really? You can’t wall off a segment of the population from everyone else. It’s impossible. My God your ignorance is breathtaking.

8. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-14-2020)

9. #350 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Correct. Good leadership at the end of last year would have prevented a shut down. Instead, our national leaders ignored the problem until it was at a critical stage. Tens of thousands of deaths will be tied to our nation's failure of leadership.

The fucking morons who deny COVID-19 is a deadly threat are part of the problem. Your advice for the vulnerable to hide and to let all the healthy run around spreading the disease unhindered is naive.

10. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-14-2020)

11. #351 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed. This disregard leaves two possible causes; Trump is evil or Trump is mentally ill.
    I see no reason for those two to be mutually exclusive. I am convinced he is mentally ill. The other is a function of that.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-14-2020)

13. #352 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I see no reason for those two to be mutually exclusive. I am convinced he is mentally ill. The other is a function of that.
    I do. Evil is a choice, mental illness is not.

14. #353 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Correct. Good leadership at the end of last year would have prevented a shut down. Instead, our national leaders ignored the problem until it was at a critical stage. Tens of thousands of deaths will be tied to our nation's failure of leadership.

The fucking morons who deny COVID-19 is a deadly threat are part of the problem. Your advice for the vulnerable to hide and to let all the healthy run around spreading the disease unhindered is naive.
    Dream on. "Deadly threat". Notice the death rate hasn't risen -- only the numbers, which are skewed. There are people here who have gone to get tested, left because they couldn't wait....and received results they tested positive. They are screwing with the numbers so bad, but I am not surprised one bit. These nut jobs will do anything dreaming they can "git duh bad orange man." But no one blames him for a Chinese virus. He had the guts to stop the travel amidst the screams of waycist! from the "woke mob"

There are political and financial motives to increase the numbers. Don't be gullible. The sky is not falling and after Nov. 5? You won't be hearing much at all about "Covid". lol

15. #354 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dream on. ...
    Denial is a dream and I'm not the one dreaming nor denying the threat.

....The sky is not falling and after Nov. 5? You won't be hearing much at all about "Covid". lol
    Define "much" because I'd like to bet you $50 against your prediction. Payable as a donation to JPP by the loser in the winner's name.

I'll await your conditions for the bet....or you can just run from it.

16. #355 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Correct. Good leadership at the end of last year would have prevented a shut down.
    Stupid fuckstick
    nobody knew human to human transmission then or the extent of the Wu flu.
    you sound like a cranky bitch -which you are

17. #356 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I do. Evil is a choice, mental illness is not.
    This is probably a semantics difference for us. As an atheist I do not recognize the concept of evil. If the term is simply being used to describe ill intent, fine, but if it is somehow related to religious undertones, that is where I diverge.

DT is mentally ill in my view, which leads him to justify ill intent.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-14-2020)

19. #357 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,668 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Are you evil or mentally ill or both for cheering the economic loss to millions of Americans and their families caused by the virus from China that China failed to contain?

I say both.

20. #358 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

This is probably a semantics difference for us. As an atheist I do not recognize the concept of evil. If the term is simply being used to describe ill intent, fine, but if it is somehow related to religious undertones, that is where I diverge.

The word "evil" has religious connotations. I know it's commonly used to mean immoral, but a person who is so delusional, so mentally ill that they do not understand the harm they do can't be "immoral".

It's like lying. A person who knowingly tells a falsehood is a liar. A person who honestly believes the Moon Landing is a hoax isn't a liar, they're simply delusional. Mentally incapacitated to the point they don't have a grip on reality. You know, like Earl, Steven, Dukkha, Truth Detector, Darth, etc. That's not "evil" or immoral; it's the nature of mental illness, retardation or other limitations upon them.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-14-2020)

22. #359 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Hello Dutch Uncle,

you dont have to be religious to recognize men can be evil -and it's not "mental illness" like UNCLE DOOFUS spins.

Look at Pol Pot /Stalin /Mao, these are rational men who had no regard whatsoever for human life = evil

23. #360 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    you dont have to be religious to recognize men can be evil -and it's not "mental illness" like UNCLE DOOFUS spins.

Look at Pol Pot /Stalin /Mao, these are rational men who had no regard whatsoever for human life = evil
    Nyet, Comrade dukkha. Why do you never say anything bad about atheist murderer Putin?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-14-2020)