Thread: FBI Director Wray: China is the “greatest long-term threat” to the US

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ean-commitment
    They have only purchased 13% of what they committed to buy.
    ROFL.
    but ya. i'll give you that getting China to honor it's committement is like pulling teeth,
    you just got to keep up the pressure

6/19/20 China to Speed U.S. Farm Purchases After Secretive Hawaii Talks
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-hawaii-talks
    The world’s top soybean importer intends to increase buying everything from soybeans to corn and ethanol after purchases fell behind due to the coronavirus, said two people familiar with the matter, who asked not to be named because the information is private. A separate person said China’s government has asked state-owned buyers to make efforts to meet the phase one pact.

U.S. equities rose as the reports boosted risk appetites. They come at a fraught time for U.S.-China relations, with President Donald Trump escalating criticism of the Beijing government’s handling of the coronavirus crisis and signing off on Congress’s rebuke over repression of the Muslim Uighur minority group.

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    man you can do some wiggling, i'll give you that.
    It's not a game it's dead serious confrontation of how the US/Sino relationship is going to pan out.
    The WTO is dead in terms of trade - no matter if Trump or Biden wins.

So it makes it even more paramount that we have somebody as POTUS who knows WTF this is about
    Get past the TDS, and compare at the men's abilities as POTUS. Biden is a dotard
    Again, I'll let you and others engage in the Red Team/*Blue Team partisanship jibber-jabber. I'm not sure either is up to the task at hand.

The WTO is the best device the Global Capitalists have come up with to regulate Global Commerce and to try and reach an actual 'Free Trade' goal of zero Tariffs, that each country engages in to protect their particular local industries. And, if it helps any, the WTO was set up (and favors) the Developed Nations of the World.

3. The Following User Groans At Jack For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-13-2020)

4. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...eal-with-china

I Don’t Think About It Now,’ Says Trump, as Hope for a Deal Dims.

Trump is worthless, anything that becomes too difficult for him, he just ignores. This moron is not a leader, he has no negotiating skills, you cultist were duped.
    That's phase 2 / you Jackass. China isn't going to even attempt more negotiations until after the election.
    Plus that little thing called COVID
    In which case Trump hammers it along or Biden forgets about, and it's back to square-one Chinese malignancy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

6. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

educate yourself. and recall this just phase 1

What's in the U.S.-China Phase 1 trade deal
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1ZE2IF
    I believe it is 'Smoke and Mirrors'. I'm sure they are happy with your confusion.

7. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The WTO is the best device the Global Capitalists have come up with to regulate Global Commerce and to try and reach an actual 'Free Trade' goal of zero Tariffs, that each country engages in to protect their particular local industries. And, if it helps any, the WTO was set up (and favors) the Developed Nations of the World.
    you just stepped off the reality train of economic nationalism -which you earlier espoused..
    Bye Jack. oh- and Fuck the worthless WTO

8. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I believe it is 'Smoke and Mirrors'. I'm sure they are happy with your confusion.
    Reality bites Jack. Sooner or later you force yourself to give into it, or you continue the TDS delusions.
    good luck with that

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

10. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...eal-with-china

I Don’t Think About It Now,’ Says Trump, as Hope for a Deal Dims.

Trump is worthless, anything that becomes too difficult for him, he just ignores. This moron is not a leader, he has no negotiating skills, you cultist were duped.
    Yet Doris thinks that Braindead Biden will do better, she's away with the fairies!

11. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the U.S. is launching its 14th trade enforcement challenge against China at the World Trade Organization (WTO) and its 23rd overall since President Obama took office
    ROFL@the worthless WTO

12. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you just stepped off the reality train of economic nationalism -which you earlier espoused..
    Bye Jack. oh- and Fuck the worthless WTO
    The US, Europe, Japan, etc. support the 'Global Capitalism' premise. They support an 'even playing field' approach. They AREN'T 'nationalistic' in their view of 'Capitalism'. They view it as a Global System. They have set up the WTO to be the 'Global Referee'.

China, on the other hand, has DIFFERENT PLANS. China accepts the Global Capitalism premise ... as long as it benefits CHINA. Like all the other countries that use Tariffs, Price Supports, Quotas, to guard their local industries, China is LAZER focused on Technology. China has plans on being the 'Leader of the Not So Free World' in the Future.

See the difference:
    1. Most of the World accepts Global Capitalism as the economic system, and has appointed the WTO as the Arbitrator of that system.
    2. China has accepted Global Capitalism, but China's version is the Mercantile system of Capitalism, a system of State Power through Economic Nationalism.

My (Jack) position is to acknowledge that China DOESN'T want to play by the International Rules of Global Capitalism as expressed by the World Trade Organization.
    My (Jack) position is to 'Fight Fire with Fire'.
    My (Jack) position is to adopt a Mercantilist mentality when it comes to American Technology Companies (which is the Future). Using more than the Tariffs, Price Supports, Quotas employed by the Nation States.
    My (Jack) position is to realize we are in an 'Economic War' with China for the Leadership of the Future World.

13. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Reality bites Jack. Sooner or later you force yourself to give into it, or you continue the TDS delusions.
    good luck with that
    I'm sure selling soybeans to China is a big accomplishment in your mind.

14. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    And what happens when workers in China start demanding higher wages and better working conditions , as they are now? What happens when China loses their cheap labor advantage and have to start dealing with environmental and safety protections? What happens then as it’s already happening. What about the massive inequality, particularly in the urban vs rural regions of China? Their income inequality is staggering with the Champaign glass stretched to breaking. What happens if it breaks? The consider that the majority of China’s population in rural China that is still living on less than a dollar a day?

As I said China’s internal problems make ours pale by comparison and they are making a big mistake if they want to play a quid pro quo by attempting to undermine our institutions as we can do the same to theirs with far greater ease. China is a huge issue for us but it’s not like we don’t have big advantages of our own.
    Except China can just kill 100,000,000 of their own people and suffer no consequences from it.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

15. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    This should rightfully be a litmus test....Anyone who claims to not understand that China is Americas biggest problem is not worth listening too...either on the grounds of ignorance or lying.... And does it even matter what the problem is with those who completely fail us I ask.....

While I most certainly think Americans need to wake up about it, stifling opinions is never good IMHO

Someone w/ a differing or adversarial opinions won't hesitate to point out the weaknesses in our arguments, certainly more than our friends in the mutual admiration society.....lol

They can also perhaps see~point out aspects we have overlooked, or Lord Forbid ignored as they don't neatly fit in our preconceived perspectives & biases.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The US, Europe, Japan, etc. support the 'Global Capitalism' premise. They support an 'even playing field' approach. They AREN'T 'nationalistic' in their view of 'Capitalism'. They view it as a Global System. They have set up the WTO to be the 'Global Referee'.

China, on the other hand, has DIFFERENT PLANS. China accepts the Global Capitalism premise ... as long as it benefits CHINA. Like all the other countries that use Tariffs, Price Supports, Quotas, to guard their local industries, China is LAZER focused on Technology. China has plans on being the 'Leader of the Not So Free World' in the Future.

See the difference:
    1. Most of the World accepts Global Capitalism as the economic system, and has appointed the WTO as the Arbitrator of that system.
    2. China has accepted Global Capitalism, but China's version is the Mercantile system of Capitalism, a system of State Power through Economic Nationalism.

My (Jack) position is to acknowledge that China DOESN'T want to play by the International Rules of Global Capitalism as expressed by the World Trade Organization.
    My (Jack) position is to 'Fight Fire with Fire'.
    My (Jack) position is to adopt a Mercantilist mentality when it comes to American Technology Companies (which is the Future). Using more than the Tariffs, Price Supports, Quotas employed by the Nation States.
    My (Jack) position is to realize we are in an 'Economic War' with China for the Leadership of the Future World.
    you are going to have a hard time beating China at their own game if you dont have a viable trade pact.
    They lie, they cheat, they steal.
    ~~

The WTO is trash.
    Did you see what I posted about Obama having like 14 complaints during his term?

And what good did any of that do> the WTO is a dead letter
    It allows appeals but has no enforcement ability unless disputants agree to the arbitration
    ~~

The bilateral you turn your nose up at has escalated step of enforcement
    1.lower level talks
    2.higher level officials
    3.sanctions already agreed to being used.

It confines China unto a 1 on 1 -and it forces confrontation when there is nowhere else to go

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

18. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Morons like Monshi'ite come on here virtually daily, telling all and sundry how despotic Israel is and engaged in genocide. If that's the case, then they are the most useless genocidists ever, as the Palestine population has gone from over a million in 1950 to just over five million today! Yet they give passes to both Iran and China, totally ignoring their vast human rights abuses. You'll never see anybody on the Left calling out China for their wholesale slaughter of Uighurs, I am totally mystified as to why that is. Even Jack who was constantly harping on about Khashoggi has taken an oath of Omerta on the subject.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...ighurs-in-chi/
    While that may be true about the left, it is certainly as true about folks on the right~& everyone in-between......

It is very rare a thread is made about foreign abuse, or foreign anything, mostly cause no one cares.... You'll be talking to yourself in the thread..

That isn't to say there aren't those that single out Israel in-particular, & obviously for hate..

So now the USA is concerned about those Muslims in concentration camps in East Turkestan..

One has to wonder why the ppl/gubment in Turkestan is not, nor in sa, the gulf states, Iran etc etc etc
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

19. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,428 Times in 5,875 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,544 Times in 6,285 Posts
    Blog Entries

Comrade maggot;
    China is the “greatest long-term threat” to the US

Haw, haw........................haw. Haw, haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

20. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post: