Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Director Wray: China is the “greatest long-term threat” to the US

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    And what happens when workers in China start demanding higher wages and better working conditions , as they are now? What happens when China loses their cheap labor advantage and have to start dealing with environmental and safety protections? What happens then as it’s already happening. What about the massive inequality, particularly in the urban vs rural regions of China? Their income inequality is staggering with the Champaign glass stretched to breaking. What happens if it breaks? The consider that the majority of China’s population in rural China that is still living on less than a dollar a day?
    Then China competes with cheaper labor -which they already do.

That's true globalism at work (international markets), not the bogus sets ups of the WTO and the TPP.

Get the mindset of economic nationalism. I assure you and other other readers that is the paramount
    mindset of China. China can take care of it's own population /we take care of ours

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'm NOT engaging in the Red Team/Blue Team banter of 'But, but ... Biden' or 'But, but ... Trump' mantra. I'm sure you and the other 'soccer hooligans' highly enjoy your 'Team Loyalty'. Have you considered actually expressing an idea that you haven't received previously from a partisan source?
    I live in SE Asia ffs, stop your bullshitting!

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ok, so here’s what I don’t get about your argument. How is a command economy going to place us in a better position to compete and what about the Pandora’s box China opened when they opted for a market economy which contradicts your “ central planning” premise? What about the huge internal pressures China faces due to market reforms creating vast internal pressures for political reforms in China?
    Mott: "Ok, so here’s what I don’t get about your argument."
    Jack: Great. It's NOT complicated, simple really.

Mott: "How is a command economy going to place us in a better position to compete'
    Jack: It's a 'Capitalist economy' based on 'Mercantilism'. Nobody is striving to be 'First' in making shoes. The 'Future' is Technology. China knows this and supports Chinese Tech Companies by any means possible.

Mott: "what about the Pandora’s box China opened when they opted for a market economy which contradicts your “ central planning” premise?"
    Jack: The 'Central Planning' was the abandoning of 'the Communist economic system' and the 'embracing of the Capitalist system' ... with one caveat, it would be a 'Mercantile Capitalist system', the Goal being a 'China First', an 'Economic Nationalism'.

Mott: "What about the huge internal pressures China faces due to market reforms creating vast internal pressures for political reforms in China?"
    Jack: In my opinion, China is happy with it's 'China First', 'Economic Nationalism' of it's Mercantile system of Capitalism. I DON'T believe there will be any 'Reforms'. THEY know they are in a 'Stealth War' with the US and the West, ... the idea is to make sure the US and the West DON'T KNOW about the Stealth War.

4. The Following User Groans At Jack For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-13-2020)

5. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    indeed. that is the lure for the west to do business in China.
    The problem is China dangles it consumerism like a carrot on a stick.
    we jump thru their hoops ( to mix a metaphor)

Hence the forced IP sharing with Chinese Joint Ventures -if it's Chinese-
    Americans need to give up IP confidential secrecy

And this is where we were at when Trump came into office. Which is why R. Lighthizer (US trade rep)
    and Peter Navarro ( W.H. manufacturing and trade desk) worked for almost 3 years just to get to phase one.

Trump gets all this -looks like you do as well. Do you think Biden has a clue?
    I give Trump credit for exposing China as 'Not Playing by the Global Rules'. The 'Rules' set up by the World Trade Organization (WTO), that regulates Global Trade and aims to 'eliminate Tariffs'.

6. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I DON'T believe there will be any 'Reforms'. THEY know they are in a 'Stealth War' with the US and the West, ... the idea is to make sure the US and the West DON'T KNOW about the Stealth War.
    Trump gets this... Biden: "China is not our competitor"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (07-13-2020)

8. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I give Trump credit for exposing China as 'Not Playing by the Global Rules'. The 'Rules' set up by the World Trade Organization (WTO), that regulates Global Trade and aims to 'eliminate Tariffs'.
    lol.. why do you think China entered into bi-lateral negotiations instead of hiding behind/relying on the WTO?

Answer.
    Because we forced them to negotiate under threat of tariffs. China is a tough running dog. you gotta boss it around

9. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And what happens when workers in China start demanding higher wages and better working conditions , as they are now? What happens when China loses their cheap labor advantage and have to start dealing with environmental and safety protections? What happens then as it’s already happening. What about the massive inequality, particularly in the urban vs rural regions of China? Their income inequality is staggering with the Champaign glass stretched to breaking. What happens if it breaks? The consider that the majority of China’s population in rural China that is still living on less than a dollar a day?

As I said China’s internal problems make ours pale by comparison and they are making a big mistake if they want to play a quid pro quo by attempting to undermine our institutions as we can do the same to theirs with far greater ease. China is a huge issue for us but it’s not like we don’t have big advantages of our own.
    China is a Global based economy, they depend on selling to the world, while the US is a domestic Consumer based economy, that depends on selling to it's citizens.
    China hopes and prays it will lift it's millions of people into the 'Middle Class' and can reap the benefits of selling to it's Consumer base of 1.4 billion Consumers.

Our 'advantage' was the Deal at Bretton Woods. The US Dollar is the World's Reserve Currency. Once China becomes the Worlds dominate Economic Power, that will change.

"Bretton Woods system
    The Bretton Woods system of monetary management established the rules for commercial and financial relations among the United States, Canada, Western European countries, Australia, and Japan after the 1944 Bretton Woods Agreement.Wikipedia

10. The Following User Groans At Jack For This Awful Post:

11. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...ou-need-know-1
    Today, the U.S. is launching its 14th trade enforcement challenge against China at the World Trade Organization (WTO) and its 23rd overall since President Obama took office. That’s more trade enforcement challenges than any other country over the last 8 years, and we’ve won every single one that’s been decided so far. And that can have a real impact on Americans across the country.

12. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-13-2020), Cypress (07-13-2020)

14. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump gets this... Biden: "China is not our competitor"
    I'll let you and Grajonka play the 'But, but ... Biden' game of chatter.
    I'm here trying to have a conversation about China, it's aims, it's goals, is it a threat to the US, and a threat to the Future.

15. The Following User Groans At Jack For This Awful Post:

16. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...ou-need-know-1
    [FONT="]Today, [/FONT]the U.S. is launching its 14th trade enforcement challenge against China at the World Trade Organization (WTO) and its 23rd overall since President Obama took office. That’s more trade enforcement challenges than any other country over the last 8 years, and we’ve won every single one that’s been decided so far. And that can have a real impact on Americans across the country.

it should bring an end to China’s illegal subsidies, remove significant barriers on American exports, and level the playing field for American farmers and their families who rely on the rice, wheat, and corn industries and the hundreds of thousands of jobs they help support.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

18. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

lol.. why do you think China entered into bi-lateral negotiations instead of hiding behind/relying on the WTO?

Answer.
    Because we forced them to negotiate under threat of tariffs. China is a tough running dog. you gotta boss it around
    hahahahahahaha ... What negotiations? I view it as a stalling tactic. Let's see ... China is going to buy ... Soybeans. hahahahahahahahahaha

19. The Following User Groans At Jack For This Awful Post:

20. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'll let you and Grajonka play the 'But, but ... Biden' game of chatter.
    I'm here trying to have a conversation about China, it's aims, it's goals, is it a threat to the US, and a threat to the Future.
    man you can do some wiggling, i'll give you that.
    It's not a game it's dead serious confrontation of how the US/Sino relationship is going to pan out.
    The WTO is dead in terms of trade - no matter if Trump or Biden wins.

So it makes it even more paramount that we have somebody as POTUS who knows WTF this is about
    Get past the TDS, and compare at the men's abilities as POTUS. Biden is a dotard

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

22. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

hahahahahahaha ... What negotiations? I view it as a stalling tactic. Let's see ... China is going to buy ... Soybeans. hahahahahahahahahaha
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ean-commitment

They have only purchased 13% of what they committed to buy.

23. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-13-2020)

25. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

educate yourself. and recall this just phase 1

What's in the U.S.-China Phase 1 trade deal
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1ZE2IF

26. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...eal-with-china

I Don’t Think About It Now,’ Says Trump, as Hope for a Deal Dims.

Trump is worthless, anything that becomes too difficult for him, he just ignores. This moron is not a leader, he has no negotiating skills, you cultist were duped.

27. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-13-2020)