Thread: FBI Director Wray: China is the “greatest long-term threat” to the US

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,135 Times in 9,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    I'm not in support of it, I just recognize the futility in it all. Nothing I do or say can change it, or anything else.

I know people don't like hearing or thinking that. Personal agency and sentience is a key motivator in people. But it's all a illusion. You don't have much say in your own life, let alone the course of world events. Nobody here does. Failure to accept that is just repeating a cycle of hopeful delusions because it makes you feel better than the cold reality of existence.
    you're a pussy with a defeated attitude.

there is no fate. the future is infinitely malleable.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, that's a sin. I'm not actively trying to live though.
    I wonder what a person in Bangladesh, Somalia, or war-torn Syria would give to be in your shoes right now?

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you're a pussy with a defeated attitude.

there is no fate. the future is infinitely malleable.
    Not by you or anyone else. It's all up to chance and luck and a million different, unaccountable and uncontrollable variables. Calling me defeated doesn't change that, it doesn't make you the victor because you want believe otherwise. I've simply accepted the meaninglessness of it all, the inability to affect ones own personal circumstances to any meaningful degree. You haven't, but that doesn't make it any less true.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I wonder what a person in Bangladesh, Somalia, or war-torn Syria would give to be in your shoes right now?
    And know what I have come to know? They'd likely choose their ignorance. I know I would, if I could remove the piercing light of lifes futility I would. It'd be much happier, like that of a dog or a bird. But I am a man, and have reason enough to see these things.
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    New Europe has, in the past, sounded the alarm on multiple occasions in an effort to caution the public about China’s flagship projects, including its Belt and Road initiative, as well as its numerous financial and technological investments around the world, all of which are aimed at ensuring that the Chinese Communists’ vital interests become so irreversibly intertwined with the order of business in the community that they guarantee that Beijing replaces the United States and its allies to become the arbiter of a new, Chinese-model, world order.

While speaking to the Hudson Institute in Washington, FBI Director Christopher Wray confirmed what New Europe has been concerned about, saying that acts of espionage and theft by China’s government pose the “greatest long-term threat” to the future of the US.

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/fbi...eat-to-the-us/
    Thanks, here is the complete speech & questions @ the institute....

Ppl should keep in mind this is only part of the problem, the tip of the iceberg. If he had two more hours he probably couldn't cover everything....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not by you or anyone else. It's all up to chance and luck and a million different, unaccountable and uncontrollable variables. Calling me defeated doesn't change that, it doesn't make you the victor because you want believe otherwise. I've simply accepted the meaninglessness of it all, the inability to affect ones own personal circumstances to any meaningful degree. You haven't, but that doesn't make it any less true.
    it just takes tariffs and patriotism. it's fucking easy.

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Thanks, here is the complete speech & questions @ the institute....

Ppl should keep in mind this is only part of the problem, the tip of the iceberg. If he had two more hours he probably couldn't cover everything....
    its all simple. corrupt globalist sellouts need to do better.

8. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

It takes political will. Trump has it / Biden does not

9. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ok, and what happens when the Chinese controlled banks say "We will no longer do business with (whatever party proposed the that)"?

10. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    China did not steal anything. Our ownership society moved to China to obtain cheap unprotected labor and no environmental regulations. We moved for short term profits taking our intellectual property and the systems we developed over a century. http://jiesworld.com/international_c...oZone%2C%20Inc. China did not have to steal,we gave it to them. It is bad if you are an American because the one who improves a product, it the one who makes it. We gave away the future of technology for short term profits. The profits did not go to the American people but to those on top.
    Yes, that is very, very, very true, something he failed to mention, probably for political reasons or time but it isn't the only reason... What Wray said is true, they are stealing as much as the can & American/western corps, CEO's etc are selling out to profit themselves & fuck everyone else..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    It takes political will. Trump has it / Biden does not
    Biden has little will, and what he does have is aligned with the globalists.

12. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Biden has little will, and what he does have is aligned with the globalists.
    indeed. he's a real sad sack. Clueless about China, and under AOC and Bernie's thumb

13. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You have a choice of staying stupid, or you have a choice of taking the lead here. Standing there sucking your thumb won't put you in first place.
    IMHO you both have a valid points~semantics.. Sure there is a plan but the CCP is not directing companies to do this or that & make money, contacts, advantage etc.. They don't need to, they'll do it on their own.. So they are more similar to a modern mercantile adventure then a strict stalinist central plan set in stone..

Another thing he didn't mention & the advantages & power over the recipients(BRI members/participants) this relationship gives the ccp.....

14. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yes, that is very, very, very true, something he failed to mention, probably for political reasons or time but it isn't the only reason... What Wray said is true, they are stealing as much as the can & American/western corps, CEO's etc are selling out to profit themselves & fuck everyone else..
    good governance provides the tools to limit social damage from nefarious corporate decisions.

this is why we have trade agreements, and tariiffs. we just need to use them.

china should be kicked out of the wto.

we were told allowing china in the wto would change them for the better. that was a lie.

15. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ok, and what happens when the Chinese controlled banks say "We will no longer do business with (whatever party proposed the that)"?
    we have our own banks. fuck em. we will win any trade war.