Thread: Why atheists, Satanists, heathens, etc can't be Americans or Westerners

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Donald Trump has sexually harassed women and has swindled many people, does this sentence include him???????????
    I dont think this thread is about Trump. You sound as stupid as a lefty/atheist/commie.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,176 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusA View Post
    "Proof" as defined by your nonsensical terms, sure.

Yawn, just another idiot conflating simplistic icongraphic imagry and symbolism, perhaps akin to Carl Jung's archetypes to God, which isn't depictable with imagry to begin with.

Simplistic images, whether "ghosts, goblins, flying spaghetti monsters" are just what atheists and simple, heathen people picture and imagine like they always have, akin to whatever silly media characters or "celebrities" and their silly, mythical, and rather fictitious and childishly simplistic notions of them are to begin with, as opposed to God, of course, which is transcendent, intangible, and not able to be depicted with simplistic images to begin with.
    Think whatever you want about me, and I'll think whatever I think about you.

I don't have a problem with people who practice their religions. I do have a problem with those who judge others who do not follow religion.

I don't have a problem with you or your religion, but I do have a problem of your hateful attitude towards others.

Jesus would not approve of your hateful behavior.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Think whatever you want about me, and I'll think whatever I think about you.

I don't have a problem with people who practice their religions. I do have a problem with those who judge others who do not follow religion.

I don't have a problem with you or your religion, but I do have a problem of your hateful attitude towards others.

Jesus would not approve of your hateful behavior.
    jesus would not approve of your censorship cancel culture.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (07-09-2020)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

The point is that atheists than those with no morality to speak of beyond that of a beast or dog can't be trusted to govern or regulate themselves without the aid of a comparatively enlightened individual, so to indoctrinate them in to the right and moral superior way and path is the duty of the god-fearing and enlightened, much akin to a shepherd hearing a flock of sheep, who would otherwise be lost if left to their own devices.
    Who appointed you JPP imam, Mohammed?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Trumpet (07-09-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I dont think this thread is about Trump. You sound as stupid as a lefty/atheist/commie.
    To begin with a moral standard needs to apply to everybody, but then again, you Trumpoids aren't known for your intelligence, and your statement( in bold) proves it.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Actually, they're based on the morality of the Enlightenment, which was a departure from religion. Western values generally go against Christianity. For example, Christianity permits slavery, but slavery is considered wrong in Western Civilization.
    Christianity has or does no such things in its doctrine. What do you think the Pharisees and the plagues of Egypt were about? The Confederate Christians are the only ones that attempted to vindicate slavery with warped interpretation and cherry-picking. Southern Christianity was where we got most of these cafeteria-style Christians in America. Megachurch televangelism spawned because people realized this breed of Christian could be played. That entire concept is flatlined by on Biblical passage

Matthew 6:24
    No one can serve two masters: Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Actually, they're based on the morality of the Enlightenment, which was a departure from religion. Western values generally go against Christianity. For example, Christianity permits slavery, but slavery is considered wrong in Western Civilization.
    First, the premise of the OP and the trollish denigration of atheists is utterly retarded.

Next, Western civilization did not reach a consensus that slavery was wrong until the 19th century - and that was largely a result of the activism of abolitionist liberal Christians. 18th and 19th century atheists had almost no influence or effect on the abolitionist movements.

The claim that Christianity is a religion of slavery is anachronistic. It is bad form to apply your 21st century morals to humans of the 1st century AD. All humans accepted slavery then.

But by the standards of the 1st century, Christianity was more palatable to slaves themselves. Greek and Roman sources report that they considered Christianity to be a religion of women and slaves. By the standards of antiquity, Christianity's message of salvation and spiritual equality for everyone obviously resonated with slaves and women. And I maintain that Christianity's promise of spritual and moral equality is the seed that really brought slavery down in the end. It certainly was not the work of 18th century atheists which brought slavery down.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Charoite (07-09-2020), Hermes Thoth (07-09-2020), Trumpet (07-09-2020)

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

To begin with a moral standard needs to apply to everybody, but then again, you Trumpoids aren't known for your intelligence, and your statement( in bold) proves it.
    can minorities be racist?

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    can minorities be racist?
    You tell me,

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Christianity has or does no such things in its doctrine. What do you think the Pharisees and the plagues of Egypt were about? The Confederate Christians are the only ones that attempted to vindicate slavery with warped interpretation and cherry-picking. Southern Christianity was where we got most of these cafeteria-style Christians in America. Megachurch televangelism spawned because people realized this breed of Christian could be played. That entire concept is flatlined by on Biblical passage

Matthew 6:24
    No one can serve two masters: Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
    Christianity definitely allows for slavery.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_slavery

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You tell me,
    I asked you, fuck knuckle.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

The Common Law in the US is based off of "religious" morality and values.

For example, not only rape, murder and things of that nature "sins" in Christianty and world religions, but are also "crimes" under "secular" law; with "secular law" having developed or evolved out of older religious and legal systems, such as Roman, Exodus, and so on.

An atheist, for example, can't have any objection to murder, rape and things of that nature except on faith, or on stealing and appropriating those moral values and axioms from world religions (much as degenerate heathen "religions" and cults such as "Satanism" have no morality to speak of which is compatible with that that of law, society and so forth).

So yes, I'd argue based on these facts, state and federal can and should, indeed favor Christianity (and monotheistic, world religion with compatible values) both in public and private over inferior and socially unacceptable trash such as atheism, Satanism and so forth, rather than pretending that such filth and worthlessness is in anyway "equal" to them, when it is decidedly inferior, and has no right to exist it all.
    I am sure you thought this was clever as you typed it.
    .i can assure you it is not. it is completely retarded.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    First, the premise of the OP and the trollish denigration of atheists is utterly retarded.

Next, Western civilization did not reach a consensus that slavery was wrong until the 19th century - and that was largely a result of the activism of abolitionist liberal Christians. 18th and 19th century atheists had almost no influence or effect on the abolitionist movements.
    The liberal Christians who fought against slavery were going against Christianity due to being influenced by Enlightenment philosophers. Just because someone is Christian, doesn't mean they're always fighting for Christianity. There are also Christians who fought for women's rights and LGBT rights. Humans are complicated. They hold on to religions they don't fully believe in and take action that goes against those religions.

The claim that Christianity is a religion of slavery is anachronistic. It is bad form to apply your 21st century morals to humans of the 1st century AD. All humans accepted slavery then.
    It's not that it's a religion of slavery. It's that it's a religion that permits slavery.

But by the standards of the 1st century, Christianity was more palatable to slaves themselves. Greek and Roman sources report that they considered Christianity to be a religion of women and slaves. By the standards of antiquity, Christianity's message of salvation and spiritual equality for everyone obviously resonated with slaves and women. And I maintain that Christianity's promise of spritual and moral equality is the seed that really brought slavery down in the end. It certainly was not the work of 18th century atheists which brought slavery down.
    I agree with that much. Christianity was very popular among slaves for a bunch of reasons. My only point is that Christianity permits slavery. It was only during the Enlightenment that we started having widespread debate over the morality of slavery and there was a push to end it.

And as for the role of Atheists, that's actually hard to say. Back then, especially in America, Atheists were ostracized from society. So we don't really know how many Christian Abolitionists were secretly Atheist. It would be like saying there were no gay people fighting against slavery. If I had to guess, I'd say there were, we just don't know who they were.

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

The point is that atheists than those with no morality to speak of beyond that of a beast or dog can't be trusted to govern or regulate themselves without the aid of a comparatively enlightened individual, so to indoctrinate them in to the right and moral superior way and path is the duty of the god-fearing and enlightened, much akin to a shepherd hearing a flock of sheep, who would otherwise be lost if left to their own devices.
    It's sad that you need to be brought to heel by your God who doesn't exist. My decency comes from me, not from some fear of a bogus afterlife in hell. Fetch boy!!

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    No, not nuts...just downright dumb!
    I go with C, troll. Don't feed him. This is a valid discussion, but the OP should just be ignored. He doesn't belong in that discussion.