Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tammy Duckworth's Hypocrisy Exposed: She Loved Mt. Rushmore Until Trump Went There

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    AND SOME PEOPLE ARE TWO FACED LIARS...LIKE TAMMY DUCKWORTH AND MOST OF THE REST OF THE DEMOCRATS....
    Is this a joke? So she may have changed her view on a minor issue between today and five years ago. Big deal.

The real news is why did Fucker Carlson call her a "coward" who "hates America?" You don't day that to a veteran who lost her limbs for this country and even received the Purple Heart.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TexanManWithPlans For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-09-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Is this a joke? So she may have changed her view on a minor issue between today and five years ago. Big deal.

The real news is why did Fucker Carlson call her a "coward" who "hates America?" You don't day that to a veteran who lost her limbs for this country and even received the Purple Heart.
    She now talks like a Swamp Creature,

That Matters.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Because no one with a lick of sense thinks that the best idea is to concentrate on who men were 50 years ago.

Honest Question....who here wants to be judged on the basis of who they were 50 years ago?
    It could be forgiven if Trump weren't such an asshole who mocks actual vets, like when he mocked McCain as a "loser" for having been a POW.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

She now talks like a Swamp Creature,

That Matters.
    Not really. But if you want to play this game of finding tweets from years ago, we have a gold mine of contradictory Trump quotes going back years.

But I don't think you want to play that game, because to do so is to expose your hypocrisy.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't get what's wrong with Mt. Rushmore. Was it built on what was once Sioux's sacred land? I have no issue with the people on the monument. Teddy was a hero for many, especially us environmentalists. Abe was a standard-bearer for presidents and the old ways of the Republican Party. Jefferson and Washington were founding fathers that shouldn't be so brashly judged. Did they own slaves? They well could have, as it was part of the era. You can't condemn someone for what were societal norms.

In my mind, the only issue is it kind of mars nature's original beauty. On my trips, I never even put it in as a stop because it's more a tourist trap and not a natural wonder. Getting rid of it sounds like you'd just end up damaging it more. How do you plan to make it a natural beauty again without destroying too much?

Do we really need to push the boundaries of these things so much again? We keep taking these things way too far and alienating the spirit of things. When did tearing down the statues of confederate traders not be enough to clear the air? Most of America made amends for slavery. If you want to make it official push for reparations to build up black communities that were built up during bad times and never reached potential. Don't start destroying things because of what America was otherwise you'll basically have a reason to destroy or change anything created before civil rights.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It could be forgiven if Trump weren't such an asshole who mocks actual vets, like when he mocked McCain as a "loser" for having been a POW.
    McCain probably should have been in prison....that is always going to be the problem with this argument.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    I don't get what's wrong with Mt. Rushmore. Was it built on what was once Sioux's sacred land? I have no issue with the people on the monument. Teddy was a hero for many, especially us environmentalists. Abe was a standard-bearer for presidents and the old ways of the Republican Party. Jefferson and Washington were founding fathers that shouldn't be so brashly judged. Did they own slaves? They well could have, as it was part of the era. You can't condemn someone for what were societal norms.

In my mind, the only issue is it kind of mars nature's original beauty. On my trips, I never even put it in as a stop because it's more a tourist trap and not a natural wonder. Getting rid of it sounds like you'd just end up damaging it more. How do you plan to make it a natural beauty again without destroying too much?

Do we really need to push the boundaries of these things so much again? We keep taking these things way too far and alienating the spirit of things. When did tearing down the statues of confederate traders not be enough to clear the air? Most of America made amends for slavery. If you want to make it official push for reparations to build up black communities that were built up during bad times and never reached potential. Don't start destroying things because of what America was otherwise you'll basically have a reason to destroy or change anything created before civil rights.
    What you fail to understand is that this crew intends to get to UTOPIA, like the Taliban.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not really. But if you want to play this game of finding tweets from years ago, we have a gold mine of contradictory Trump quotes going back years.

But I don't think you want to play that game, because to do so is to expose your hypocrisy.
    "TRUMP.....TRUMP......TRUMP...."

barf

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

McCain probably should have been in prison....that is always going to be the problem with this argument.
    You don't see how cultish your statement is? You turn on one of the leading figures of your own party if it means sparing Trump.

This is exactly why Republican senators today are such bitches who are afraid to go against Trump. They fear his idiot base voting them out of office.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You don't see how cultish your statement is? You turn on one of the leading figures of your own party if it means sparing Trump.

This is exactly why Republican senators today are such bitches who are afraid to go against Trump. They fear his idiot base voting them out of office.
    I have not been a Republican since 1983....You are a God Damned Liar.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"TRUMP.....TRUMP......TRUMP...."

barf
    No. You don't get to hide like that, you coward. If you want to dig up random tweets from years ago, then prepare to have it done to your beloved Trump.

My turn! Donald Trump said:

"When foreigners attend our great colleges & want to stay in the U.S., they should not be thrown out of our country."
    1:42 PM · Aug 18, 2015

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TexanManWithPlans For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-09-2020)

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have not been a Republican since 1983....You are a God Damned Liar.
    In English, please?

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In English, please?
    Oh so you are going to play stupid now....

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmm. When a veteran decides to choose a political ideology and run for public office and espousing it (either side), their veteran status really takes a back seat. That is not dishonoring that veterans sacrifice or commitment to their country. They and they alone have decided politics means more than their service. Fair game at that point.

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Hmm. When a veteran decides to choose a political ideology and run for public office and espousing it (either side), their veteran status really takes a back seat. That is not dishonoring that veterans sacrifice or commitment to their country. They and they alone have decided politics means more than their service. Fair game at that point.
    That's bullshit. You have no problem with vets in office who happen to be right-wing gun nuts, do you?