Thread: A Day Off From Serious Matters

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 102 Times in 89 Posts

Default A Day Off From Serious Matters

I remember his name from a minor scandal in the early 2000s:

Depp stated to the German magazine Stern in 2003 that "America is dumb, is something like a dumb puppy that has big teeth—that can bite and hurt you, aggressive." Although he later asserted that the magazine misquoted him and his words were taken out of context, Stern stood by its story, as did CNN.com in its coverage of the interview. CNN added his remark that he would like his children "to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out." The July 17, 2006, edition of Newsweek reprinted the "dumb puppy" quotation, verbatim, in the context of a Letter to the Magazine. Depp has also disagreed with subsequent media reports that perceived him as a "European wannabe", saying that he liked the anonymity of living in France while in a relationship with Paradis and his simpler life there. Depp became a U.S. resident again in 2011, because France wanted him to become a permanent resident, which he said would require him to pay income tax in both countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Depp

but I never heard of:

It seems he is back in the news again while she tags along:

Jealous Johnny Depp lectured wife Amber Heard on her image and her own acting career — accusing her of “actress bulls–t” by being too sexy, he admitted in his libel trial.

The 57-year-old star — who confessed he “can be jealous” — told London’s High Court that he would fight with his now-ex over her “pretty girl image,” which he repeatedly begged her to tone down, according to the Evening Standard.

“I told her she didn’t have to be naked in films, you don’t have to do that,” Depp reportedly said, also asking Heard not to wear sexy outfits to premieres.

He accused of “actress bulls–t” in saying she didn’t want to be objectified while still looking sexy and starring in “the same type of films” against his advice, the UK paper said.

“If she didn’t want to be objectified … I thought it best she try to be a little more reserved in her approach to her films and her approach to how she presents herself in public,” he told the court Tuesday, according to the report.

“I would never tell her what to wear but I would certainly make mention if I thought what she was wearing was going completely against the grain of what she told me her wishes were,” he said.

Depp is suing The Sun newspaper over an April 2018 article that said he was a “wife-beater,” which he vehemently denies — accusing his ex-wife of all the violence in their marriage.

The Sun’s defense relies on Heard’s allegations of 14 incidents of violence by Depp between 2013 and 2016.

Jealous Johnny Depp admits lecturing Amber Heard over her sexy image
    By Lee Brown
    July 8, 2020
    10:49 am

https://pagesix.com/2020/07/08/johnn...980.1564588701

If anybody is interested why I bother to post such silly nonsense, I have to admit that a showbiz kerfuffle is always a welcomed respite from media liars saving mankind.
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flanders For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-08-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    I remember his name from a minor scandal in the early 2000s:

Depp stated to the German magazine Stern in 2003 that "America is dumb, is something like a dumb puppy that has big teeth—that can bite and hurt you, aggressive." Although he later asserted that the magazine misquoted him and his words were taken out of context, Stern stood by its story, as did CNN.com in its coverage of the interview. CNN added his remark that he would like his children "to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out." The July 17, 2006, edition of Newsweek reprinted the "dumb puppy" quotation, verbatim, in the context of a Letter to the Magazine. Depp has also disagreed with subsequent media reports that perceived him as a "European wannabe", saying that he liked the anonymity of living in France while in a relationship with Paradis and his simpler life there. Depp became a U.S. resident again in 2011, because France wanted him to become a permanent resident, which he said would require him to pay income tax in both countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Depp

but I never heard of:

It seems he is back in the news again while she tags along:

Jealous Johnny Depp lectured wife Amber Heard on her image and her own acting career — accusing her of “actress bulls–t” by being too sexy, he admitted in his libel trial.

The 57-year-old star — who confessed he “can be jealous” — told London’s High Court that he would fight with his now-ex over her “pretty girl image,” which he repeatedly begged her to tone down, according to the Evening Standard.

“I told her she didn’t have to be naked in films, you don’t have to do that,” Depp reportedly said, also asking Heard not to wear sexy outfits to premieres.

He accused of “actress bulls–t” in saying she didn’t want to be objectified while still looking sexy and starring in “the same type of films” against his advice, the UK paper said.

“If she didn’t want to be objectified … I thought it best she try to be a little more reserved in her approach to her films and her approach to how she presents herself in public,” he told the court Tuesday, according to the report.

“I would never tell her what to wear but I would certainly make mention if I thought what she was wearing was going completely against the grain of what she told me her wishes were,” he said.

Depp is suing The Sun newspaper over an April 2018 article that said he was a “wife-beater,” which he vehemently denies — accusing his ex-wife of all the violence in their marriage.

The Sun’s defense relies on Heard’s allegations of 14 incidents of violence by Depp between 2013 and 2016.

Jealous Johnny Depp admits lecturing Amber Heard over her sexy image
    By Lee Brown
    July 8, 2020
    10:49 am

https://pagesix.com/2020/07/08/johnn...980.1564588701

If anybody is interested why I bother to post such silly nonsense, I have to admit that a showbiz kerfuffle is always a welcomed respite from media liars saving mankind.
    I think she looks a BIT like a young Sharon Stone. Both she AND Depp strike me as kind of nuts, I believe THAT'S why they've been partners for quite awhile now.