Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: American Academy of Pediatrics Calls for Children to Return to Schools Despite Corona

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    How come COVID is so bad that Paul Manafort doesn't have to sit in prison, but kids and staff have to return to school?
    because kids have much to lose not being in school, and are very much asymptomatic if positive,
    and don't transmit like adults do
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    you idiot. opening up MONTHS AGO is not effecting COVID cases now.
    Yes, it is. Clearly. All the states that reopened have seen massive spikes in new cases. The data is clear. You're just scrambling because you realized the positions you've staked out in this debate have all been categorically wrong. So since you've been so catastrophically wrong about this, what else are you wrong about?

You called it a hoax.

You said it was "just like the flu"

You said it would disappear in the warm weather

You said hydroxychloroquine works

Everything you've said about COVID has been wrong. EVERYTHING.

So since you've been wrong about everything related to COVID, isn't it possible you're also wrong about everything related to other topics like Russia? Seems pretty likely.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

1. hot humid weather forces Floridians inside
    2. we are testing on a massive scale.
    LIES!

Florida is literally called "the Sunshine State" and summer is Florida's tourist season. Floridians are also no stranger to hot weather, and this year has not been as hot so far as years past.

So you're just making shit up off the top of your head because you realized you've spent the last 5 months being led astray by people as dumb as you.

And no, Florida isn't "testing on a massive scale". This is so easily researched, it makes me think you have contempt for anyone who reads your posts because all you do is lie. Florida's positive rate is currently 19%, and they're testing about the same number of people they tested about 3 weeks ago:

Doofus.jpg
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...states/florida

4. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-08-2020)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,218 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Easy lol.

Don’t test them. Do they test school kids for the flu when flu kills more kids 0-20 than COVID?

Test them for both or test them for neither.
    Come on “DO,” how many times has the flu comparison been busted, and it is not about testing rather finding a safe way to send kids back to school in the Fall

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Unlike NY we don't have anywhere near the deaths -because Desantis was smart enough not to force positive COVID cases into nursing homes.
    Not yet you don't. But that's not because of DeSantis, that's because we've spent the last 5 months treating COVID so medical personnel are better at treating it than when they didn't have as much time dealing with it months ago.

You're such a fucking fraud and a hack.

So your response to forcing kids into COVID petri dishes is that a few months ago, NY put folks in nursing homes because they didn't know enough about the virus?

Florida has surpassed NY's daily record new case count. Three times in the last week. Hospitals are overloaded and ICU beds are full.

7. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-08-2020)

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thank you!

Back before Fauci kicked me off my job as a healthcare drone, nobody asked me if I wanted to risk going to work. Why should school teachers be different?
    Specifically, how did Fauci kick you off your job?

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, it is. Clearly. All the states that reopened have seen massive spikes in new cases. The data is clear. You're just scrambling because you realized the positions you've staked out in this debate have all been categorically wrong. So since you've been so catastrophically wrong about this, what else are you wrong about?

You called it a hoax.

You said it was "just like the flu"

You said it would disappear in the warm weather

You said hydroxychloroquine works

Everything you've said about COVID has been wrong. EVERYTHING.

So since you've been wrong about everything related to COVID, isn't it possible you're also wrong about everything related to other topics like Russia? Seems pretty likely.
    Study Finds Positive Results For Hydroxychloroquine
    https://khn.org/morning-breakout/stu...xychloroquine/
    researchers at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit saw a "significant reduction" in mortality rates with patients who were hospitalized between March 10 and May 2 and treated with the drug compared to those who were not. Hydroxychloroquine has been a topic of controversy since President Trump touted its effectiveness as early as March. The president also said he had been taking the drug. "The results of this study demonstrate that in a strictly monitored protocol-driven in-hospital setting, treatment with hydroxychloroquine alone and hydroxychloroquine [and] azithromycin was associated with a significant reduction in mortality among patients hospitalized with COVID-19," researchers wrote in the study published July 1 in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases. (Conklin, 7/3)
    ~~
    death rates are lower then the flu as more and more testing lowers the morbidity rate.
    ~~
    ROFLMAO@ you and "da Russians"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (07-08-2020), Stretch (07-08-2020)

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The morbidity rate has dropped below 1%.
    Not at all. Not even close. The rate is actually 9%, and that's higher than almost every other country in the world.

Dope.jpg
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Young people aren;t masking like they should -the highest age bracket in the 30's
    and 21 is the highest single ages
    OMFG, literally four months ago, you said masks didn't work. IN fact, as of 4 weeks ago, you were saying masks didn't work. You even posted a thread about how masks don't work.

You are such a fucking fraud.

Hospitals are performing elective surgeries again and taking up ICU beds
    Not in Texas, not in Florida, not in Arizona, not in North Carolina, not in Alabama, not in Mississippi, not in South Carolina, not in Utah, not in Georgia, not in any of the states that rushed to open.

13. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-08-2020)

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blades View Post
    whats he got to do with what I said???
    Well, you think COVID isn't serious enough to reopen schools, yet you think it is serious enough to let Manafort chill out at home.

So square that circle.

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

because kids have much to lose not being in school
    Like what? Kids are on their devices 24/7 already, are in constant contact with their friends via social media, Zoom, texting, Snapchat, etc.

Sounds to me like you are trying to imagine yourself as a child quarantined with your terrible parents and see school as an escape. Most kids aren't like you, though. Most kids love their parents.

Also, you don't know if kids can or cannot transmit it. Since COVID is transmitted mostly through water droplets, kids are probably the worst spreaders of it of any age group.

Also, you seem perfectly comfortable with a few kids dying so you have a shitty economy to run on. I guess all lives don't matter to you.

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,668 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

“Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) decreased from 9.0% during week 25 to 5.9% during week 26, representing the tenth week of a declining percentage of deaths due to PIC. The percentage is currently at the epidemic threshold but will likely change as more death certificates are processed, particularly for recent weeks.“
    cdc.gov

That is the mortality rate for pneumonia, influenza and COVID-19 COMBINED.

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Thank you!

Back before Fauci kicked me off my job as a healthcare drone, nobody asked me if I wanted to risk going to work. Why should school teachers be different?
    Society does not expect sociopaths who have never been married and have no prospect of ever having kids, to understand that a civilized nation takes extra measures to protect children and vulnerable seniors.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you idiot. opening up MONTHS AGO is not effecting COVID cases now. The reason we are going up is
    1. hot humid weather forces Floridians inside
    2. we are testing on a massive scale.

Unlike NY we don't have anywhere near the deaths -because Desantis was smart enough not to force positive COVID cases into nursing homes.

The morbidity rate has dropped below 1%.
    Young people aren;t masking like they should -the highest age bracket in the 30's
    and 21 is the highest single age

Hospitals are performing elective surgeries again and taking up ICU beds
    Sure it is, where are those “young people” who aren’t “masking like they should” going? NY never opened those locations, and their numbers are down, even with one of the highest testing rates in the country. And you don’t see a relationship?

Plus NY has total high death numbers because that was the main port of entry of the virus, little was known about it at the time, and population density aids a virus spread by social connections. Since that time, NY’s numbers have declined largely due to not following Trump’s wishes

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not yet you don't. But that's not because of DeSantis, that's because we've spent the last 5 months treating COVID so medical personnel are better at treating it than when they didn't have as much time dealing with it months ago.

You're such a fucking fraud and a hack.

So your response to forcing kids into COVID petri dishes is that a few months ago, NY put folks in nursing homes because they didn't know enough about the virus?

Florida has surpassed NY's daily record new case count. Three times in the last week. Hospitals are overloaded and ICU beds are full.
    Cuomo certainly knew how infectuous COVID was . Nursing homes felt obligated and overwhelmed.

The March 25 order said ”no resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the (nursing home)
    solely based” on confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
    he finally rescinded the order a month later after 5800 deaths.
    ~~

Miami is overloaded -long a "hot spot" - most of Florida is not - but the key to that is because ICU beds are now being taken up from elective surgery - which were delayed for about 2 months

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (07-08-2020)