Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: American Academy of Pediatrics Calls for Children to Return to Schools Despite Corona

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    We have no idea what the health implications of opening schools will bring. Kids have been holed up. There have been no studies showing how likely they are too spread it or to catch it. Age is thought of as protecting you from the worst of Corona, but an 11 year old died from it. https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...-and-detection Trump has no problem risking the health of kids if he thinks it will help him in Nov. it is different just being exposed or sitting in a Corona filled room for hours.
    Yes, we have an idea about COVID and kids—kids are the lowest risk.

You goof balls want virtually zero risk and that’s neither attainable nor sustainable.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Democrats love to point to Europe and Scandinavia as countries the U.S. should be modeled after. Everyone one of them has either never closed schools or is opening them. No masks, no social distancing. Nothing. Why? Because they know the science behind it. The "science" Democrats on this board love to say they know. And do not obviously.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    May 7th is July 8th?
    They started elective surgery on May 7 and continue on July 8, dummy.

You are really lacking..

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Go reread what you originally posted. I have no idea where you worked or why you were “fired”
    The healthcare workers I know feel it is there job and life’s work to care for others during this pandemic.
    Teachers improve lives, but there are many ways they can teach without the risk of the classroom.
    I wasn’t fired, I was furloughed and they never called me back. Due to the guidelines put out by the CDC elective procedures were to be put on hold ‘for a few weeks’ in order to keep ICU beds open—while the curve was flattened.

But I guess we moved on from that.

Teachers don’t feel it’s their calling to help in the education and development of kids and young people? So much so, they fear being around the lowest risk population there is?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,766 Times in 33,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I wasn’t fired, I was furloughed and they never called me back. Due to the guidelines put out by the CDC elective procedures were to be put on hold ‘for a few weeks’ in order to keep ICU beds open—while the curve was flattened.

But I guess we moved on from that.

Teachers don’t feel it’s their calling to help in the education and development of kids and young people? So much so, they fear being around the lowest risk population there is?
    Post #110 you stated you were fired.

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Post #110 you stated you were fired.
    I stated that I didn’t have an option that teachers do.

Show up, or be fired. I never considered not showing up but Fauci made that point moot.

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So let's do a thought experiment, shall we?

Let's say the school in your district reopens in the fall, but because you live in a red state with a red governor, COVID is still spreading at a rate of at least 50,000 new cases a day. Let's say a student is one of those infected. That student, who is a child and lacks the restraint to avoid touching other people, their face, etc., goes to school while infected with COVID. Then the kid tests positive. So what happens next? Does every student in that kid's class have to isolate? Do their parents? What about the bus the infected kid took to school, does every passenger on that bus also have to isolate? And what of the teachers? Most teachers teach multiple classes, so one single educator could be in a classroom with 150 kids over the course of a normal school day. Since one of those kids tested positive, does that mean all 150 of those kids must isolate now because the teacher caught it from a student? And while we're on the subject of employees, what about the janitors, bus drivers, counselors, administrators, lunch room workers, facilities, etc. do they all have to isolate too?

Conservatives are so desperate to pretend that this isn't serious, and they're willing to sacrifice their own children for the sake of Trump's re-election.

Shameful. I guess all lives don't matter.

Sad that in the USA empathy and logic are in limited supply so that everyone does not get their share.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

LV426 (07-09-2020)

9. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,023 Times in 8,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Yes, we have an idea about COVID and kids—kids are the lowest risk.
    Children are the lowest risk, but the most important, so there is some question there. There have been a few preliminary studies saying they do not make good carriers, but there too it is an open question.

A few months from now, we may realize children are transmitting the disease out of control to the population, or that more children will die from it than we realized. Children are the main transmitters of influenza, so they might be transmitting Covid-19 too. Let's say "only" 20,000 children die, that would be a horrible tragedy.

10. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Children are the lowest risk, but the most important, so there is some question there. There have been a few preliminary studies saying they do not make good carriers, but there too it is an open question.

A few months from now, we may realize children are transmitting the disease out of control to the population, or that more children will die from it than we realized. Children are the main transmitters of influenza, so they might be transmitting Covid-19 too. Let's say "only" 20,000 children die, that would be a horrible tragedy.
    Horrible and horribly unlikely.

Kids haven’t been living in a bubble since March. Kids live with parents who have had it. There are plenty of kids in and around NYC, for that matter. Kids travel with their parents to FL and wherever. All of those protesters that had license to congregate in large numbers while the rest of us couldn’t attend church are mostly young adults. It’s a politically incorrect to bring it up, but its almost certain that at least some of the spike numbers belong to BLM.

They just aren’t getting it like older people do and when then do it’s almost always the mild version.

At this point COVID resistance in kids and young adults is a fact in need of an explanation.
    Last edited by Darth Omar; 07-10-2020 at 04:33 AM.