Thread: Brazil President Bolsonaro Positive With COVID-19

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Brazil President Bolsonaro Positive With COVID-19

" (CNN)Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has tested positive for Covid-19, following months of downplaying the virus.
    Bolsonaro himself announced the result, speaking on Brazilian TV channels Tuesday.
    "Everyone knew that it would reach a considerable part of the population sooner or later. It was positive for me," he said, referring to the Covid-19 test he took Monday.

Earlier on Tuesday Bolsonaro's press office told CNN affiliate CNN Brasil that the President was being treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as he awaited the result of his fourth Covid-19 test in four months.
    Bolsonaro reassured supporters on Monday outside the presidential palace in Brasília that he had taken a test and his lungs were "clean" -- following media reports that he had a fever.
    "I've done a lung screening, my lung is clean, OK? I went to do a Covid exam a while ago, but everything is okay.""

"Bolsonaro's positive result comes just days after he attended a July 4th commemoration event with the US Ambassador to Brazil, Todd Chapman.
    According to a photo posted to the President's official Facebook page, Bolsonaro was at the Ambassador's residence with Chapman for the event.

Images from the gathering show Bolsonaro not wearing a mask or observing social distancing. In one picture, he stands next to several US and Brazilian officials, including Chapman, none of whom was wearing a face covering.
    Chapman was stood directly next to Bolsonaro in the photo, with his arm around the president. Brazil's foreign minister, Ernesto Araújo, was pictured the other side of Bolsonaro.

Chapman also shared an image of himself next to Bolsonaro on his official Twitter account, writing that he was "honored" to receive the Brazilian president on July 4th.
    CNN has called the US Embassy in Brasília and contacted the US State Department for comment on whether the ambassador or other officials have been tested for Covid-19. "

Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19 after months of downplaying virus

You play with fire, you get burned.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

signalmankenneth (07-07-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"It's all a hoax."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,500 Times in 6,244 Posts
    Blog Entries

The world doesn't need him. Send him some ' flu tablets.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-07-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,610 Times in 9,135 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    " (CNN)Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has tested positive for Covid-19, following months of downplaying the virus.
    Bolsonaro himself announced the result, speaking on Brazilian TV channels Tuesday.
    "Everyone knew that it would reach a considerable part of the population sooner or later. It was positive for me," he said, referring to the Covid-19 test he took Monday.

Earlier on Tuesday Bolsonaro's press office told CNN affiliate CNN Brasil that the President was being treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as he awaited the result of his fourth Covid-19 test in four months.
    Bolsonaro reassured supporters on Monday outside the presidential palace in Brasília that he had taken a test and his lungs were "clean" -- following media reports that he had a fever.
    "I've done a lung screening, my lung is clean, OK? I went to do a Covid exam a while ago, but everything is okay.""

"Bolsonaro's positive result comes just days after he attended a July 4th commemoration event with the US Ambassador to Brazil, Todd Chapman.
    According to a photo posted to the President's official Facebook page, Bolsonaro was at the Ambassador's residence with Chapman for the event.

Images from the gathering show Bolsonaro not wearing a mask or observing social distancing. In one picture, he stands next to several US and Brazilian officials, including Chapman, none of whom was wearing a face covering.
    Chapman was stood directly next to Bolsonaro in the photo, with his arm around the president. Brazil's foreign minister, Ernesto Araújo, was pictured the other side of Bolsonaro.

Chapman also shared an image of himself next to Bolsonaro on his official Twitter account, writing that he was "honored" to receive the Brazilian president on July 4th.
    CNN has called the US Embassy in Brasília and contacted the US State Department for comment on whether the ambassador or other officials have been tested for Covid-19. "

Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19 after months of downplaying virus

This facist pig said, the covid-19 virus was like a little flu, couldn't happen to a better person accept for Trump?!!

https://brazilian.report/cartoons/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-07-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    This facist pig said, the covid-19 virus was like a little flu, couldn't happen to a better person accept for Trump?!!

https://brazilian.report/cartoons/
    COVID-19 is where the BS meets the road.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

If Trump gets it he should not be treated. It's a hoax.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

COVID-19 is where the BS meets the road.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

God is watching, this will take care of its self soon enough
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    If Trump gets it he should not be treated. It's a hoax.
    He could refuse & standUP for his gut convictions~ or take whats behind door #1 ??

Some free advice from the X-mayor of Carmel:
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bolsonaro was under court order to wear a mask.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

SO'S THE DEMOCRAT MAYOR OF ATLANTA. OOOPS!!!
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,815 Times in 17,253 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,594 Times in 4,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    SO'S THE DEMOCRAT MAYOR OF ATLANTA. OOOPS!!!
    She was not denying it. Can you understand how that is different? She knew it was a real disease that was spreading.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bolsonaro was under court order to wear a mask.
    Well he may soon be under six feet of Amazon mud & won't need to worry about it........

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Healthy strong 25 year old, dead from COVID-19, in Bolsonaro's Brazil:

(pic at link)

" Brazil
    'The virus can kill anyone': families condemn Bolsonaro's claim young people face little risk

Far-right leader is adamant the young can rest easy but 3,500 Brazilians under the age of 40 have already died from Covid-19:

Young people should not fret about coronavirus, Brazil’s president Jair Bolsonaro declared on Tuesday as he announced he had contracted the illness.

But Hugo Dutra was youthful and fit: a dance-addicted millennial with no underlying medical conditions. He died in Rio on 18 April, after eight days on a ventilator.

“This virus can kill anyone, of any age,” said his father, Marcio Antonio Silva. “My son was 25, healthy, worked three jobs and never ever got sick – and he’s not here any more.”

“The thing that most hurts me is Bolsonaro’s indifference to our grief. It was repulsive to hear him yesterday,” added the 56-year-old chauffeur. “He said young people were not in danger – so why did my son die?”"