Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conservatives love their welfare

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Exactly--doling out government money is corrupt and never productive and always wasteful.
    Except when it comes to health care, education, transportation...stuff with multiplier effects. Corporate welfare has no multiplier effect. Period.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Exactly--doling out government money is corrupt and never productive and always wasteful.
    So Medicare is wasteful? Public education is wasteful? Didn't you work in public education?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Perhaps, perhaps not. I guess we'll never know now...
    We would have known the ARI was getting the money because they made a video telling their subscribers they were applying for the money and explained why.

Liberals give to people, Conservative and Libertarians give to their friends.
    Liberals give money to people to vote for them. Libertarians don't believe in giving government benefits.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So Medicare is wasteful? Public education is wasteful? Didn't you work in public education?
    I did. That is how I know it is wasteful. The main motivation of colleges is based on what increases their revenue.

Medicare reports it has $60 billion waste annually.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I did. That is how I know it is wasteful. The main motivation of colleges is based on what increases their revenue.
    So the fact that it educates people is not a factor?

Medicare reports it has $60 billion waste annually.
    Which is about a quarter of the annual private insurance fraud, which totals as much as $230B each year.

The National Heath Care Anti-Fraud Association estimates conservatively that health care fraud costs the nation about $68 billion annually — about 3 percent of the nation's $2.26 trillion in health care spending. Other estimates range as high as 10 percent of annual health care expenditure, or $230 billion.
    https://www.bcbsm.com/health-care-fr...4230%20billion.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We would have known the ARI was getting the money because they made a video telling their subscribers they were applying for the money and explained why.
    AFTER they got the money, not before.

So they are retconning their handout, and you fell for it.

Liberals give money to people to vote for them. Libertarians don't believe in giving government benefits.
    Give people money by way of benefits programs they need because their employers pay them too little. And square that circle for me, Flash: On the one hand, you say these people are essential workers who need to return to work because their labor is essential to keep the economy going, however on the other hand you say that the value of their labor shouldn't increase to a living wage because their labor isn't worth more.

So how can both things be true? Is their labor essential to keeping the economy going, or not?

Also, Libertarians don't believe in government benefits for others, but they sure as shit believe in them for themselves.

Which is the entire point of this whole ARI welfare thing in the first place.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And square that circle for me, Flash: On the one hand, you say these people are essential workers who need to return to work because their labor is essential to keep the economy going, however on the other hand you say that the value of their labor shouldn't increase to a living wage because their labor isn't worth more.

So how can both things be true? Is their labor essential to keeping the economy going, or not?
    I didn't say either of those things. Those are some of your made-up assumptions. You put words in the mouth of others and then argue with those words they never said.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

The Ayn Rand Institute received a PPP loan of between $350K and $1 million
    https://newideal.aynrand.org/to-take-or-not-to-take/

Pretty much. Since when is this an essential business?

Privatize the Profits/Socialize the Losses
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 22 Times in 17 Posts

People of higher intelligence, virtues, and so forth should receive welfare subsidization at the expense of inferior individuals in areas of morality, intelligence, virtuous and so forth. (So long as their political and/or religious allegiance is in the right place).

Since said superior men and woman naturally contribute more to society be virtue of their mere existence, this is certainly fair and just. (For example, conservatives and those on the right within the intellectual establishment should receive state support because of their superior contributions and measures of guiding a nation in the right direction. On the flip side, individuals who possess little in the way of intellect, talent, creativity, or adhere to dangerous and unacceptable views, such as those of the left, anarchists, and so forth should receive little to nothing.

-

As far as Ayn Rand was simply a degenerate, greedy Jewess who died on medicare like the god-forsaken shylock that she was, so I could care less about that rotten old kike salivating over its pound of goyim flesh, she would've been better off in an oven or a gas chamber like the rest of bloodthirsty spawn. If anything, her cult should be outlawed and those who promote the insidious views of said greedy Jewess should be imprisoned for their seditiousness