Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Nordberg,

It's like little New York.

Miami is the new New York.

You would think they could have watched what New York did and learned from it.
    Death rates from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States as of July 8, 2020, by state (per 100,000 people)
    #1 NJ
    #2 NY
    #26 FL
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

Daily confirmed Covid-19 cases and deaths, U.S.

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Common sense says, after thousands go out and protest, spitting, and spewing while not social distancing, the rate would go up exponentially two weeks later~
    Is this Wolverine's mom? Someone is helping him, since he doesn't believe what he just wrote.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Rune,

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Yup. We are at 1% now. Not long until 10%
    It's pretty simple math.

We have 330M people in the country. 3M have been infected with coronavirus.

That's 3/330 = .009.

.009 X100% = 0.9%

That's how many Americans have been infected with coronavirus.

That means 99.1% of Americans have not had the virus. YET. (Wear those masks, people!)

Now let's look at the closed cases. That would be the cases for which there has been an outcome. Either the infected person died, or they recovered:

Closed Cases:

Cases which had an outcome ........... 1,507,177

Recovered / Discharged .................. 1,372,830 (91%)

Deaths ............................................ 134,347 (9%)

So far, 9% of people who got coronavirus in the USA, and there was an outcome, have died from it. Most people who get it are expected to recover from it, but sometimes the symptoms linger on and on. Those who died are not expected to recover. They're dead.

The rest of the people who got sick, are still sick. They are either hospitalized or they are at home, hopefully quarantined. Currently there are 15,382 people in serious or critical condition.

Many who test positive are showing no symptoms. We hope they are quarantining. But we stupidly don't require it or enforce it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-08-2020)

5. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

I’m remember the good old days when people laughed because it was just 61 deaths.

6. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Rune,

It's pretty simple math.

That's 3/330 = .009.

.009 X100% = 0.9%

That means 99.1% of Americans have not had the virus. YET. (Wear those masks, people!)

Now let's look at the closed cases. That would be the cases for which there has been an outcome. Either the infected person died, or they recovered:

Closed Cases:

So far, 9% of people who got coronavirus in the USA, and there was an outcome, have died from it. Most people who get it are expected to recover from it, but sometimes the symptoms linger on and on. Those who died are not expected to recover. They're dead.

The rest of the people who got sick, are still sick. They are either hospitalized or they are at home, hopefully quarantined. Currently there are 15,382 people in serious or critical condition.

Many who test positive are showing no symptoms. We hope they are quarantining. But we stupidly don't require it or enforce it.
    Yes Sir.
    We are in the midst of a 100 year worldwide pandemic.
    Our "Leader" is obviously pro-virus since he is not trying to stop it and actively promoting it via his actions.
    I came online some 25 years ago to fight for a better world for my children.
    Now due to my age and health, I am fighting for my life for I willy surely die if I contract it.

That partly why I hang my head now in sadness at the futility of debating the average intelligence folks that populate a good percentage of this site.
    In the past I have felt anger at their stupidity but I just finally realized that
    1. They are mostly not stupid, they just appear that way too me, as they are mostly around 50th percentile.
    2. I need to find a discussion group that is more appropriate for me.

Arguing with the ignorant is not a good pastime and I have better things to do.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Micawber (07-08-2020), PoliTalker (07-08-2020)

8. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Rune,

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Yes Sir.
    We are in the midst of a 100 year worldwide pandemic.
    Our "Leader" is obviously pro-virus since he is not trying to stop it and actively promoting it via his actions.
    I came online some 25 years ago to fight for a better world for my children.
    Now due to my age and health, I am fighting for my life for I willy surely die if I contract it.

That partly why I hang my head now in sadness at the futility of debating the average intelligence folks that populate a good percentage of this site.
    In the past I have felt anger at their stupidity but I just finally realized that
    1. They are mostly not stupid, they just appear that way too me, as they are mostly around 50th percentile.
    2. I need to find a discussion group that is more appropriate for me.

Arguing with the ignorant is not a good pastime and I have better things to do.
    That's why I have the rude ones on Ignore. I don't want such rudeness. I don't want to be rude to others, don't want people being rude to me. I just want to talk about politics. Amazingly, even with everybody who was ever rude to me on Ignore, I still find plenty of people who are cordial to talk to. And they are not all from one side, so it's good discussion.

Internet advertising, TV commercials, Radio commercials, and internet trolls are not a part of my life. They don't have to be.

Just click the 'no trolls' button and you're good!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    14% of 80 and over who get it die right then.
    9% of 70 and over who get it die right then.

I'd like to be with my mom for some more years. Wear a fucking mask you evil tit.
    Have no fear. There is only a 0.1% infection rate and a 0.03% death rate.

10. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Rune,

It's pretty simple math.

That's 3/330 = .009.

.009 X100% = 0.9%

Closed Cases:

This post is ignorant...we dont know how many people have been infected by this bug but the best guess is around 30 million.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

11. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Have no fear. There is only a 0.1% infection rate and a 0.03% death rate.
    How do we know what the mortality rate is? This virus was just discovered six months ago.

12. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tff View Post
    How do we know what the mortality rate is? This virus was just discovered six months ago.
    We don't. I'm just using the numbers from the CDC.

13. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tff,

Quote Originally Posted by tff View Post
    Currently running 7% in the USA.

7 out of every 100 resolved cases ended in death.

14. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I’m remember the good old days when people laughed because it was just 61 deaths.
    The same JPP "experts" who have been wrong on literally everything since day 1 still proclaim themselves experts, and still put out all kinds of theories, predictions and proclamations about things like masks, testing, how the spikes are "imaginary," etc.

And then they complain about the economy, and why some areas are shutting down again.

You can't make it up. It's stupidity as art.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-11-2020), PoliTalker (07-11-2020)

16. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

June 30th, 2020: daily cases hit 40K.

Fauci: "New daily COVID-19 cases could hit 100,000 a day"

...11 days later...

Friday July 10th, 2020-

New Cases: +71,787

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-11-2020)