Thread: Fauci: Situation May Get Out Of Control

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d...s?country=~USA

As I've said..................most all people recover
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

dukkha (07-08-2020)

3. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, told "Hannity" Tuesday that the coronavirus fatality rate in his state has remained low despite a surge in the number of confirmed cases because the virus is spreading among younger people who are less at risk of dying.

"The median age of our new cases was in the 50s about a month and a half ago. That has dropped into the 30s," DeSantis told host Sean Hannity. "We have had days where the median age was 33, and obviously that is important ... because [among] people who are healthy and under 40, you know, the death rate of this thing is very close to zero. So, that's significant."

Later in the interview, DeSantis told Hannity: "Of all the ages, the age with the most cases now in Florida is 21 ... There is no doubt more transmission going on in the community, particularly amongst people in their 20s and 30s."

On Tuesday, Florida reported 7,347 new coronavirus cases, 380 new coronavirus hospitalizations and 63 additional deaths from COVID-19. In all, 213,794 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Florida, about one percent of the state's population.

"We are prepared for this," DeSantis emphasized. "Now, we are seeing -- in places like Miami, you're seeing increased traffic in the hospitals, but it's interesting, I was down there today and they said that they're actually seeing fewer hospitalizations from people in nursing homes, which is obviously a good sign because that's where the number one risk of mortality is."

Despite the surge in cases, the state has confirmed just 3,841 deaths from COVID-19, a fatality rate of 1.8 percent.

"I think that's a testament to shielding the elderly from infections, particularly the nursing home residents," explained DeSantis.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/desant...younger-people

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (07-08-2020)

5. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

DeSantis said, he had designated 12 nursing home facilities that will exclusively house recovering COVID-19 patients who have been discharged from the hospital, so that they do not return to their former facilities and run the risk of infecting those around them.

"It's a way to reduce and prevent outbreaks among our very most vulnerable citizens," the governor explained.

"We are protecting the elderly," DeSantis emphasized. "We do it every day. We've got more work to do, but that's our goal."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (07-08-2020)

7. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    I've never supposed, despite a long lifetime, some of it spent in 'extreme' political groups, that people with other beliefs can't be decent and well-meaning people, but I wonder if the reason we are now so polarized (apart from the existence of new means of communication) isn't the fact that the Right, more and more, is being manipulated, and not just in America, by 'populist' politicians without principles who merely want to win elections. I never had the slightest difficulty in understanding traditional conservatives: I just thought they were wrong. People like Trumpf, Johnson and Bolsonaro, however, don't seem to have any principles or coherent ideas to understand, whereas most 'liberals' are essentially what we used to call 'one nation' conservatives. It's not that I've suddenly taken to thinking in we/they terms as that one whole group seems to have removed themselves from any rational discussion (look at so many of the right-wing posts on here, full of ignorance and made-up facts). It is difficult to know what anyone is going to do about it. I was hopeful that the current coronavirus lurgy was going to re-unite people, and it did for a while over here, until the thug Cummings broke it all up, and Johnson was too ignorant of how ordinary people felt to get rid of him. Trumpf, to almost anyone over here, is merely baffling - a bad joke that has gone on years too long. I wonder if it's all not to do with the need for a religion or something. It's not that I've started hating anyone - I just feel, more and more, that they have cut themselves off from rational conversation, and want only competition and violent language, which see a bit pointless.
    The problem I have with most conservative DT fans is I can't talk to them without being insulted. They simply lack the ability to separate their emotions from the issues.

A populace in a functional democracy has to talk about the issues. That is imperative.

But the propaganda in this cult is so strong, brings so much emotion into the thinking that they just can't talk to someone like me and keep their seething hatred in check. That makes any kind of meaningful discussion impossible. I simply refuse to be their punching bag for all their frustration and venting. I love it when a conservative can actually discuss these things without being demeaning or condescending but that is so rare it is almost nonexistent. Out of everybody in this forum it amounts to only a handful of the president's supporters that I can have a rational discussion with. All the rest of them, the vast majority, have poisoned any chance of having a polite discussion.

Trying to talk to someone who is bent on telling you off is an exercise in futility. It is completely unproductive, accomplishes nothing. No understanding or learning comes from it. A total waste of time. I'd rather spend my time doing anything else.

I am greatly encouraged by the slipping poll numbers for DT. That, to me, represents hope. Religion is meaningless for me. My faith is in humanity. This presidency has sorely tested my faith, but I am happy to report that DT's drop in polling has buoyed it. Sometimes it's hard to cling to hope, Lately it has been getting a bit easier.

Johnson? Good luck with that. Seems like the same sort of thing is playing out in nation after nation. Look at Bolsonaro. What an idiot. And then Obrador. Another one. He's been downplaying the pandemic, refuses to wear a mask. Refuses to use the tools at his disposal. He's flying to DC today to meet with DT, but get this: He is claiming to want to save so much money he is flying commercial, with a stopover in Atlanta. Won't use the presidential jet. So he is taking this huge risk of flying commercial in a pandemic, and then he's gonna meet with DT. What a stupid risk!
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 07-08-2020 at 07:35 AM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (07-08-2020)

9. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    DeSantis said, he had designated 12 nursing home facilities that will exclusively house recovering COVID-19 patients who have been discharged from the hospital, so that they do not return to their former facilities and run the risk of infecting those around them.

"It's a way to reduce and prevent outbreaks among our very most vulnerable citizens," the governor explained.

"We are protecting the elderly," DeSantis emphasized. "We do it every day. We've got more work to do, but that's our goal."
    DeSantis is fiddling while the state of Florida burns. He has not mandated masks. He is insisting that schools open, regardless of what the situation is. He reopened way too early. It's nice to see he's learned something from the mistake in New York, but opening these recovery nursing homes is closing the barn door after the horse is out. We are getting infections in Florida because of the abysmal response of the President and his court jester DeSantis. Hospitals Will be overrun here in a matter of weeks. As Dr. Fauci said, focusing on mortality rate is a false narrative. This is a devastating disease, and claiming that 99% of cases are no big deal is a lie.

10. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

Stretch (07-08-2020)

11. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    The problem I have with most conservative DT fans is I can't talk to them without being insulted. They simply lack the ability to separate their emotions from the issues.

A populace in a functional democracy has to talk about the issues. That is imperative.

But the propaganda in this cult is so strong, brings so much emotion into the thinking that they just can't talk to someone like me and keep their seething hatred in check. That makes any kind of meaningful discussion impossible. I simply refuse to be their punching bag for all their frustration and venting. I love it when a conservative can actually discuss these things without being demeaning or condescending but that is so rare it is almost nonexistent. Out of everybody in this forum it amounts to only a handful of the president's supporters that I can have a rational discussion with. All the rest of them, the vast majority, have poisoned any chance of having a polite discussion.

Trying to talk to someone who is bent on telling you off is an exercise in futility. It is completely unproductive, accomplishes nothing. No understanding or learning comes from it. A total waste of time. I'd rather spend my time doing anything else.

I am greatly encouraged by the slipping poll numbers for DT. That, to me, represents hope. Religion is meaningless for me. My faith is in humanity. This presidency has sorely tested my faith, but I am happy to report that DT's drop in polling has buoyed it. Sometimes it's hard to cling to hope, Lately it has been getting a bit easier.

I agree with this. We have begged, pleaded and cajoled, using facts and expert opinions. And they just laugh at us and insult us. Their 15 minutes is about up. After this is over, they are dead to me. I can't forgive and forget this one. The human toll is way too high. They are complicit, to a person. In some ways worse than murders, because they flaunt their ignorance, and seem proud of what they've done. Sorry, we're not coming together with you.

12. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, told "Hannity" Tuesday that the coronavirus fatality rate in his state has remained low despite a surge in the number of confirmed cases because the virus is spreading among younger people who are less at risk of dying.

"The median age of our new cases was in the 50s about a month and a half ago. That has dropped into the 30s," DeSantis told host Sean Hannity. "We have had days where the median age was 33, and obviously that is important ... because [among] people who are healthy and under 40, you know, the death rate of this thing is very close to zero. So, that's significant."

Later in the interview, DeSantis told Hannity: "Of all the ages, the age with the most cases now in Florida is 21 ... There is no doubt more transmission going on in the community, particularly amongst people in their 20s and 30s."

On Tuesday, Florida reported 7,347 new coronavirus cases, 380 new coronavirus hospitalizations and 63 additional deaths from COVID-19. In all, 213,794 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Florida, about one percent of the state's population.

"We are prepared for this," DeSantis emphasized. "Now, we are seeing -- in places like Miami, you're seeing increased traffic in the hospitals, but it's interesting, I was down there today and they said that they're actually seeing fewer hospitalizations from people in nursing homes, which is obviously a good sign because that's where the number one risk of mortality is."

Despite the surge in cases, the state has confirmed just 3,841 deaths from COVID-19, a fatality rate of 1.8 percent.

"I think that's a testament to shielding the elderly from infections, particularly the nursing home residents," explained DeSantis.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/desant...younger-people
    What a razzle dazzler! No wonder he got elected. He sure can spin things. It's like he took a pickle pie and put sugar-frosting on it!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,762 Times in 33,628 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I agree with this. We have begged, pleaded and cajoled, using facts and expert opinions. And they just laugh at us and insult us. Their 15 minutes is about up. After this is over, they are dead to me. I can't forgive and forget this one. The human toll is way too high. They are complicit, to a person. In some ways worse than murders, because they flaunt their ignorance, and seem proud of what they've done. Sorry, we're not coming together with you.
    I feel the way you do, Im tired of being nice to fools. There will be times to reconcile once Dim Dung Don is gone.

14. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Can you say: 'viral load?'

And which death panels consign these individuals to these death houses?

15. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I feel the way you do, Im tired of being nice to fools. There will be times to reconcile once Dim Dung Don is gone.
    I'm in awe for your ability to deal with them.

I wouldn't want to.

I am quite happy to spoil myself with a big Ignore List. Life is too short for me to want to put up with such nonsense.

Your patience is exceptionally admirable.

16. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    My reconciliation is 'I don't want you in my house, I don't want you as a friend, I don't want you as an acquaintance, and if I encounter you in a social setting and you are shooting your mouth off I will tell you to STFU.' Fortunately, my circle of friends is mostly enlightened. The Trumpers have long since unfriended me. My wife is now getting a dose of that, having grown up in Georgia. She stopped sitting silently while these low lifes posted crap on facebook, and she started firing back. Her social circle has shrunk significantly. We're better off. At the end of the day, they are no better than a Nazi sympathizer. They HATE me and every person who dares speak out against their Dear Leader. They will not get that hate in return. Instead they will get indifference. A real life ignore list. I'm done with them.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

LV426 (07-08-2020), Phantasmal (07-08-2020)

18. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The calculation for the opening up was all about the election. The medical profession knew it was too early, but decisions are made by politicians. If the Repubs opened and Corona did not spurt, it would have given Trump a huge boost. That, in spite of his mishandling Corona from day one. Trump had no qualms about risking people's health. Zero.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-08-2020)

20. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

That's why I never give them a chance to get to me. I have zero interest in holding grudges, just need to protect my own psyche.

I am fully ready to forgive any DT fan who realizes the mistake of supporting him. Sadly, because of trolling, I won't be able to tell any JPP posters who are on my Ignore List, that directly. Sometimes consequences are unpleasant. That's life.

21. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

My reconciliation is 'I don't want you in my house, I don't want you as a friend, I don't want you as an acquaintance, and if I encounter you in a social setting and you are shooting your mouth off I will tell you to STFU.' Fortunately, my circle of friends is mostly enlightened. The Trumpers have long since unfriended me. My wife is now getting a dose of that, having grown up in Georgia. She stopped sitting silently while these low lifes posted crap on facebook, and she started firing back. Her social circle has shrunk significantly. We're better off. At the end of the day, they are no better than a Nazi sympathizer. They HATE me and every person who dares speak out against their Dear Leader. They will not get that hate in return. Instead they will get indifference. A real life ignore list. I'm done with them.
    So glad I never got on FB. I know I miss out on some stuff, and sometimes that is a good thing! There is a perfectly fine life without FB. Far too intrusive and commercial for me.

22. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

What does that have to do with this thread? Absolutely nothing. I don't blame you for trying to change the subject, you have been consistently wrong about the virus. Hospitalizations are now rapidly increasing in a number of states, including Florida, and yesterday we had almost a thousand deaths, centered mainly in Texas and Arizona. It's coming back with a vengeance because idiots like you refused to listen to the experts, and instead prioritized your worship of Donald Trump and your hatred of people that disagree with you. This is on you, and people aren't going to ever forget. Trump is gone. That's just a foregone conclusion now. It's what we do after that that we have to decide. You don't have a seat. You've lost your right to say anything.
    BURN THE LIFEBOATS

This time, no stapling teabags to your face as you posture about the debt and birth certificates.

No re-branding.

No "third way"

No "I am really a Constitutional Conservative"

No "I am really a Libertarian"

No "I didn't like the tweeting"

None of it will be allowed this time.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist