1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    it was opening too soon. Trump figured opening would crank the economy up and help his presidential run. he did not care if people died. he never makes that a factor. Will it help him? If he says yes, he will do it.
    We would be better off with no president at all than this one.

Every day he works, he actually makes the country worse.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (07-08-2020), Phantasmal (07-08-2020)

3. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Hospitalizations are soaring in Texas, Florida, Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia. Ooops. Do you EVER get tired of being completely wrong? I guess not.

Attachment 16082

Attachment 16083
    Hitting them with reality again?

Dirty trick.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello BartenderElite,

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Stretch started a thread in May about Florida that aged as poorly as any thread I've seen on any message board anywhere.

Everything since has been more proof that conservatives can't admit when they're wrong.
    Conservatives can certainly admit when they are wrong. Just not that many of them.

Still supporting DT? Can't admit mistakes.

Never Trumper? Stopped supporting him? Can admit mistakes.

And no such discussion would be complete without mentioning that there are plenty of liberals who cannot admit it when they are wrong.

People are people. There's good ones and bad ones on both sides of the political spectrum.

One of the most poisoning things about our politics, THE VERY REASON WE ARE SO HOPELESSLY POLARIZED, is the stupid we/they theory.

Neither side is all good or all bad. That's the truth.

5. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Concart,

Hitting them with reality again?

Dirty trick.
    Sadly, it won't stick. Because Dear Leader told them that it was okay because we have the lowest mortality rate in the world (a lie of course), and that we can just live with it, since 99% of cases are harmless (antother lie, of course). And everything Dear Leader says, they believe. Facts? Those are for suckers, apparently. We are at this point back to where we were four months ago, and if these cult members aren't deprogrammed, it's not going to get better. We'll keep having the same tired debates while more and more people get sick, our hospitals are overrun, and people die. In the meantime, Republicans are trying to figure out how to keep Dear Leader in office by cheating, lying, and suppressing the vote. Why? I have no idea. it won't work this time. But bottom line, you can just write off the rest of this year, and hope and pray we don't lose too many more Americans to the ignorance and arrogance of the cult.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-08-2020), PoliTalker (07-08-2020)

7. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Sadly, it won't stick. Because Dear Leader told them that it was okay because we have the lowest mortality rate in the world (a lie of course), and that we can just live with it, since 99% of cases are harmless (antother lie, of course). And everything Dear Leader says, they believe. Facts? Those are for suckers, apparently. We are at this point back to where we were four months ago, and if these cult members aren't deprogrammed, it's not going to get better. We'll keep having the same tired debates while more and more people get sick, our hospitals are overrun, and people die. In the meantime, Republicans are trying to figure out how to keep Dear Leader in office by cheating, lying, and suppressing the vote. Why? I have no idea. it won't work this time. But bottom line, you can just write off the rest of this year, and hope and pray we don't lose too many more Americans to the ignorance and arrogance of the cult.
    That's why it is totally a cult. Reasonable people, when presented with serious facts, get serious. These DT fans are just beyond that. They've responded to DT's emotional outbursts, so it's totally emotinoal for them. Their hatred of reason and sense goes right along with it. They're lost in this fantasy that the pandemic is totally overblown, not serious, not a threat.

I've got an acquaintance who is about 50. Strong as an ox. This kind of guy who never gets sick. Really smart, too. A great person to know. Works with people, works with his hands. He got COVID-19 months ago and survived. He never had to go to the hospital but did relate that he got really close. He made a recovery, but it has never been a full recovery. He's back at work, but he had good days and bad days. He said it damaged his lungs. He now gets chills and fever occasionally. He said it just starts hurting in his chest and sometimes he can hear his breath, like he's wheezing. He never smoked. He's not as strong as he used to be, and does not have the stamina he used to have.

Nobody in their right mind would listen to this guy and think this disease is no big deal.

The DT fans will continue to cling to their nonsense until it hits them or someone in their family like this. Even then, some of them will still find a way to make up some baloney to believe that allows them to cling to DT worship. This is a bad cult.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-08-2020)

9. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

People are people. There's good ones and bad ones on both sides of the political spectrum.

One of the most poisoning things about our politics, THE VERY REASON WE ARE SO HOPELESSLY POLARIZED, is the stupid we/they theory.

Neither side is all good or all bad. That's the truth.
    I've never supposed, despite a long lifetime, some of it spent in 'extreme' political groups, that people with other beliefs can't be decent and well-meaning people, but I wonder if the reason we are now so polarized (apart from the existence of new means of communication) isn't the fact that the Right, more and more, is being manipulated, and not just in America, by 'populist' politicians without principles who merely want to win elections. I never had the slightest difficulty in understanding traditional conservatives: I just thought they were wrong. People like Trumpf, Johnson and Bolsonaro, however, don't seem to have any principles or coherent ideas to understand, whereas most 'liberals' are essentially what we used to call 'one nation' conservatives. It's not that I've suddenly taken to thinking in we/they terms as that one whole group seems to have removed themselves from any rational discussion (look at so many of the right-wing posts on here, full of ignorance and made-up facts). It is difficult to know what anyone is going to do about it. I was hopeful that the current coronavirus lurgy was going to re-unite people, and it did for a while over here, until the thug Cummings broke it all up, and Johnson was too ignorant of how ordinary people felt to get rid of him. Trumpf, to almost anyone over here, is merely baffling - a bad joke that has gone on years too long. I wonder if it's all not to do with the need for a religion or something. It's not that I've started hating anyone - I just feel, more and more, that they have cut themselves off from rational conversation, and want only competition and violent language, which seem a bit pointless.
    Last edited by Iolo/Penderyn; 07-08-2020 at 07:32 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-08-2020), PoliTalker (07-08-2020)

11. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

You’re joking right. That is NOT the average age. Learn to read. Please.
    All stats are an average with Covid...unless you know something that the CDC does not.
    The guidance is that a “presumptive” positive is coded the same as a confirmed positive or a
    diagnosis based on clinical judgment. Presumptive positive COVID-19 tests are coded as confirmed – U07.1.
    https://www.icd10monitor.com/we-now-...e-it-correctly
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

12. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Stretch started a thread in May about Florida that aged as poorly as any thread I've seen on any message board anywhere.

Everything since has been more proof that conservatives can't admit when they're wrong.
    I actually agree with you. Look at all the mind-changing and flip-flopping among the WHO, CDC and medical community and politicians which has occurred. My original
    thread is there to prove it. I think somewhere in there I had even mentioned that it would good to have this record "for future reference." It actually aged very well
    to serve that purpose.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

13. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    All stats are an average with Covid...unless you know something that the CDC does not.
    The guidance is that a “presumptive” positive is coded the same as a confirmed positive or a
    diagnosis based on clinical judgment. Presumptive positive COVID-19 tests are coded as confirmed – U07.1.
    https://www.icd10monitor.com/we-now-...e-it-correctly
    OMG, are you serious? Are you just pretending to be REALLY stupid? The chart said that THE MOST COMMON VALUE was age 21. That has nothing to do with the average. if you post a chart, understand what it means. Good grief, you are completely clueless. Are you retarded? A five year old? This is basic stuff.

14. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Oh I think there are tonight a lot of Righties who will admit that they made a huge mistake in allowing the Left to destroy the University, turning them into Woke Religion indoctrination centers....that cost $30-40 thousand dollars a year to attend.
    Is this another of your truths? You obviously haven’t been to a campus in sometime, they are still as diversified as always. I encourage you to take a class and discover for yourself, instead of spouting talking points.

15. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OMG, are you serious? Are you just pretending to be REALLY stupid? The chart said that THE MOST COMMON VALUE was age 21. That has nothing to do with the average. if you post a chart, understand what it means. Good grief, you are completely clueless. Are you retarded? A five year old? This is basic stuff.
    Yes...a common value for "age". The real diagnosis "presumed or confirmed"? No one knows.
    pain in abortion.

16. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I posted a link with Fauci saying exactly what I said he did, and you ignored it, you are a paid shill, as are Owl Concart and Katzgar among others!
    Who pays them, I want in on this!!!

17. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Yes...a common value for "age". The real diagnosis "presumed or confirmed"? No one knows.
    NOT AVERAGE. I'm done with you. You have no idea what you're talking about. It's like speaking to a five year old. Just a worthless poster. You don't even troll well.

18. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

We would be better off with no president at all than this one.

Every day he works, he actually makes the country worse.
    Is this the sad truth.

19. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What does that have to do with this thread? Absolutely nothing. I don't blame you for trying to change the subject, you have been consistently wrong about the virus. Hospitalizations are now rapidly increasing in a number of states, including Florida, and yesterday we had almost a thousand deaths, centered mainly in Texas and Arizona. It's coming back with a vengeance because idiots like you refused to listen to the experts, and instead prioritized your worship of Donald Trump and your hatred of people that disagree with you. This is on you, and people aren't going to ever forget. Trump is gone. That's just a foregone conclusion now. It's what we do after that that we have to decide. You don't have a seat. You've lost your right to say anything.
    SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – As coronavirus cases continue to increase across the United States, health officials and Democrat politicians seem to be using that statistic to fear monger and justify closure orders.

Dr. Scott Atlas of the Hoover Institute, discussed why we don’t need to be scared of the increase spread of coronavirus on Good Morning San Diego with KUSI’s Paul Rudy.

Atlas said that he has done more than a superficial analysis of the numbers, and after analyzing them, he doesn’t get scared.

Explaining, “When you look all over at the states who are seeing a lot of new cases, you have to look at who is getting infected because we should know by now, that the goal is not to eliminate all cases, that’s not rational, it’s not necessary, if we just protect the people who are going to have serious complications. We look at the cases, yes there’s a lot more cases, by the way they do not correlate in a time sense to any kind of reopening of states. If you look at the timing, that’s just a misstatement, a false narrative. The reality is they may correlate to the new protests and massive demonstrations, but it’s safe to say the majority of new cases are among younger, healthier people.”

Furthermore, Dr. Atlas emphasized the fact that the death rates are not going up, despite the increase in cases. “And that’s what really counts, are we getting people who are really sick and dying, and we’re not, and when we look at the hospitalizations, yes, hospitals are more crowded, but that’s mainly due to the re-installation of medical care for non COVID-19 patients.”

Dr. Atlas used Texas of an example saying, “90+% of ICU beds are occupied, but only 15% are COVID patients. 85% of the occupied beds are not COVID patients. I think we have to look at the data and be aware that it doesn’t matter if younger, healthier people get infected, I don’t know how often that has to be said, they have nearly zero risk of a problem from this. The only thing that counts are the older, more vulnerable people getting infected. And there’s no evidence that they really are.”

Dr. Atlas then pointed out the hospitalization length of stay is about half of what it once was.
    https://www.kusi.com/dr-scott-atlas-...lth-officials/
    pain in abortion.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

dukkha (07-08-2020)