Thread: What To The Intelligent Is Colin Kaepernick? A Fraud

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default What To The Intelligent Is Colin Kaepernick? A Fraud

A rebuttal. Interesting reading. I am sure the left like Cartoon Kenny will call him an Uncle Tom and see nothing wrong with that.

What To The Intelligent Is Colin Kaepernick? A Fraud

by Jason Whitlock

Frederick Douglass spent the entirety of his adult life fighting tirelessly for black people and women to be recognized as full United States citizens.

Douglass, a famous black abolitionist in the 1800s, used Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence as the foundation of his argument to end slavery.

That’s why it struck me as ill-informed that Colin Kaepernick would use Douglass’ What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July speech as the audio backdrop for his incendiary tweet condemning America’s Independence Day.

Kap, aka Mute-hammad Ali, tweeted Saturday morning:

“Black people have been dehumanized, brutalized, criminalized and terrorized by America for centuries and are expected to join your commemoration of independence, while you enslaved our ancestors. We reject your celebration of white supremacy and look forward to liberation for all.”

The tweet linked to a video of actor James Earl Jones reading Douglass’ 1852 speech decrying American slavery while images of police shootings, lynchings and other acts of racist brutality flashed across the screen.

Kaepernick’s tweet has received more than 170,000 likes and 60,000 retweets. I could not find — and I searched — for a more popular Fourth-of-July social-media post than Kap’s rebuke of our nation’s holiday.

Like all things Kaepernick and most things limited to 280 characters, Kaepernick’s tweet heard ‘round the world is breathtakingly uninformed and devoid of substance. It’s a divisive hot take packaged as righteous indignation.

The popularity of the tweet speaks to the corrosive power of Jack Dorsey’s invention. Social media amplifies and legitimizes the voices of idiots, anarchists and race-baiters. Without Twitter, Colin Kaepernick would be a flash-in-the-pan, long-forgotten quarterback, not much different from Stan Humphries, Jake Delhomme, Kerry Collins and Neil O’Donnell.

Twitter is Kap’s costume. The man afraid to speak in public gets to masquerade as Brain Dead Fred Douglass.

Frederick Douglass interpreted Jefferson’s declaration as the blueprint for emancipation. Yes, Jefferson owned slaves. But Jefferson, George Washington and several other Founding Fathers recognized the immorality of slavery and planted the seeds for its removal in the Declaration of Independence.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

At the time of this nation’s founding, slavery was a global sin committed by black, white, brown and yellow sinners across the planet. Black people in Africa owned white (and black) slaves. Black people in America, as early as the 1600s, owned black (and white) slaves. That’s not a typographical error. Black people in America owned black and white slaves.

The United States of America, because of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, was actually a global leader in abolishing slavery. As writer and historian Thomas Sowell has repeatedly pointed out, long after the U.S. Emancipation Proclamation, blacks in Northern Africa still bought, sold and utilized white slaves.

Slavery was a global phenemenon. Economies were reliant on it. You couldn’t just snap your fingers and make that kind of global tradition go away. The world still hasn’t rid itself of slavery.

But we have and did. And we did it before most of the rest of the civilized world because our imperfect Founding Fathers had foresight.

They created a system of governance based on guiding principles that allows our nation to evolve faster than others. America is plagued by systemic evolution, not systemic racism.

Does racism and unfairness exist in America? Hell, yes! They exist everywhere. Thank God our system of governance and the principles established at our founding are the most effective tools in fighting racism and unfairness.

Thank God we have systemic evolution.

Kaepernick critics dug up a handful of his old tweets celebrating the Fourth of July and the American military. The tweets I saw were from 2011. Kap has certainly evolved over the past decade. He’s a different person.

Humans evolve. Nations don’t? America, a collection of humans, hasn’t evolved?

What is with us as black Americans that we think slavery and racial victimhood are central to our identity? Why? Every race of human beings has been a slave and an enslaver.

On Saturday, someone close to me texted me Douglass’ What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July speech. I responded: “Are you a slave? I’m not. I’m a Christian.”

I respect the history of my ancestors. I take pride in our rise. But slavery does not remotely define my identity. It doesn’t tell you anything about me. I don’t look at the world through the eyes of a slave.

In 1852, when Douglass gave his speech, he appropriately characterized the Fourth of July as a great big lie, a failure to live up to the words printed at the founding of this nation.

In 2020, given all that we know and all the blood spilled in pursuit of the ideals Jefferson expressed, the Declaration of Independence is the most important document in the African-American journey.

Without it, we might be like West Africa, Haiti, Pakistan, India and other places and countries that have yet to rid themselves of slavery.

https://outkick.com/what-to-the-inte...rnick-a-fraud/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just want to see some Professional Football ...

I don’t give a Fuck about a 4 year old excuse for Blackballing a Football Player for simply taking a Knee

He got $$ PAID $$ ... so he’s Happy

So R U Ready for Some Football?
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I just want to see some Professional Football ...

I don’t give a Fuck about a 4 year old excuse for Blackballing a Football Player for simply taking a Knee

He got $$ PAID $$ ... so he’s Happy

So R U Ready for Some Football?
    That has nothing to do with the OP. And it is not about something 4 years ago. It is about what Kaepernick did on the 4th of July. To answer your question though, I am more a hockey guy.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    That has nothing to do with the OP. And it is not about something 4 years ago. It is about what Kaepernick did on the 4th of July. To answer your question though, I am more a hockey guy.
    Actually you are a little girley twat, handjob.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Actually you are a little girley twat, handjob.
    Oh look. The "intellectual" part of the liberals has arrived.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,026 Times in 14,522 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

A rebuttal. Interesting reading. I am sure the left like Cartoon Kenny will call him an Uncle Tom and see nothing wrong with that.

What To The Intelligent Is Colin Kaepernick? A Fraud

by Jason Whitlock

Frederick Douglass spent the entirety of his adult life fighting tirelessly for black people and women to be recognized as full United States citizens.

Douglass, a famous black abolitionist in the 1800s, used Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence as the foundation of his argument to end slavery.

That’s why it struck me as ill-informed that Colin Kaepernick would use Douglass’ What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July speech as the audio backdrop for his incendiary tweet condemning America’s Independence Day.

Kap, aka Mute-hammad Ali, tweeted Saturday morning:

“Black people have been dehumanized, brutalized, criminalized and terrorized by America for centuries and are expected to join your commemoration of independence, while you enslaved our ancestors. We reject your celebration of white supremacy and look forward to liberation for all.”

The tweet linked to a video of actor James Earl Jones reading Douglass’ 1852 speech decrying American slavery while images of police shootings, lynchings and other acts of racist brutality flashed across the screen.

Kaepernick’s tweet has received more than 170,000 likes and 60,000 retweets. I could not find — and I searched — for a more popular Fourth-of-July social-media post than Kap’s rebuke of our nation’s holiday.

Like all things Kaepernick and most things limited to 280 characters, Kaepernick’s tweet heard ‘round the world is breathtakingly uninformed and devoid of substance. It’s a divisive hot take packaged as righteous indignation.

The popularity of the tweet speaks to the corrosive power of Jack Dorsey’s invention. Social media amplifies and legitimizes the voices of idiots, anarchists and race-baiters. Without Twitter, Colin Kaepernick would be a flash-in-the-pan, long-forgotten quarterback, not much different from Stan Humphries, Jake Delhomme, Kerry Collins and Neil O’Donnell.

Twitter is Kap’s costume. The man afraid to speak in public gets to masquerade as Brain Dead Fred Douglass.

Frederick Douglass interpreted Jefferson’s declaration as the blueprint for emancipation. Yes, Jefferson owned slaves. But Jefferson, George Washington and several other Founding Fathers recognized the immorality of slavery and planted the seeds for its removal in the Declaration of Independence.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

At the time of this nation’s founding, slavery was a global sin committed by black, white, brown and yellow sinners across the planet. Black people in Africa owned white (and black) slaves. Black people in America, as early as the 1600s, owned black (and white) slaves. That’s not a typographical error. Black people in America owned black and white slaves.

The United States of America, because of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, was actually a global leader in abolishing slavery. As writer and historian Thomas Sowell has repeatedly pointed out, long after the U.S. Emancipation Proclamation, blacks in Northern Africa still bought, sold and utilized white slaves.

Slavery was a global phenemenon. Economies were reliant on it. You couldn’t just snap your fingers and make that kind of global tradition go away. The world still hasn’t rid itself of slavery.

But we have and did. And we did it before most of the rest of the civilized world because our imperfect Founding Fathers had foresight.

They created a system of governance based on guiding principles that allows our nation to evolve faster than others. America is plagued by systemic evolution, not systemic racism.

Does racism and unfairness exist in America? Hell, yes! They exist everywhere. Thank God our system of governance and the principles established at our founding are the most effective tools in fighting racism and unfairness.

Thank God we have systemic evolution.

Kaepernick critics dug up a handful of his old tweets celebrating the Fourth of July and the American military. The tweets I saw were from 2011. Kap has certainly evolved over the past decade. He’s a different person.

Humans evolve. Nations don’t? America, a collection of humans, hasn’t evolved?

What is with us as black Americans that we think slavery and racial victimhood are central to our identity? Why? Every race of human beings has been a slave and an enslaver.

On Saturday, someone close to me texted me Douglass’ What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July speech. I responded: “Are you a slave? I’m not. I’m a Christian.”

I respect the history of my ancestors. I take pride in our rise. But slavery does not remotely define my identity. It doesn’t tell you anything about me. I don’t look at the world through the eyes of a slave.

In 1852, when Douglass gave his speech, he appropriately characterized the Fourth of July as a great big lie, a failure to live up to the words printed at the founding of this nation.

In 2020, given all that we know and all the blood spilled in pursuit of the ideals Jefferson expressed, the Declaration of Independence is the most important document in the African-American journey.

Without it, we might be like West Africa, Haiti, Pakistan, India and other places and countries that have yet to rid themselves of slavery.

https://outkick.com/what-to-the-inte...rnick-a-fraud/
    Kap is a moron. I've been saying it since '16. He isn't black. Or at least, he wasn't until he chose to start a movement and then take a back seat. He grew up basking in white privilege. He suddenly grew out his hair, and he's black?

In what was arguably the most important election in decades, not only did he not work toward the change he supposedly wanted by getting people to vote...he refused to vote. He claims it 'doesn't matter'.

He could have made a big difference in the way policing is done in this nation. He should have encouraged those who followed him to vote locally, even if they aren't interested in national politics.

Fuck Kap. The issue is valid. The NFL blacklist was bullshit. He's still a moron.

I'd like to see him play again, though. He had two surgeries in his last season. I'll bet he's better than half of the QBs in the NFL.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Sailor (07-06-2020)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh look. The "intellectual" part of the liberals has arrived.
    Yes honey pot, you know nothing about hockey. Go bake some cookies.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Kap is a moron. I've been saying it since '16. He isn't black. Or at least, he wasn't until he chose to start a movement and then take a back seat. He grew up basking in white privilege. He suddenly grew out his hair, and he's black?

In what was arguably the most important election in decades, not only did he not work toward the change he supposedly wanted by getting people to vote...he refused to vote. He claims it 'doesn't matter'.

He could have made a big difference in the way policing it done in this nation. He should have encouraged those who followed him to vote locally, even if they aren't interested in national politics.

Fuck Kap. The issue is valid. The NFL blacklist was bullshit. He's still a moron.

I'd like to see him play again, though. He had two surgeries in his last season. I'll bet he's better than half of the QBs in the NFL.
    I respect your honesty Althea. Maybe not your politics all the time ( lol) but I respect your honesty.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes honey pot, you know nothing about hockey. Go bake some cookies.
    Cat lady. Go wash your cats or something.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Cat lady. Go wash your cats or something.
    Quick, who is the coach and GM of the red wings?

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quick, who is the coach and GM of the red wings?
    Can you say Red Wings? Is that allowed? I mean, there is red in it. It must offend liberals somehow.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Can you say Red Wings? Is that allowed? I mean, there is red in it. It must offend liberals somehow.
    Thanks for confirming you are a lying piece of shit

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanks for confirming you are a lying piece of shit
    Jeff Blashill cat lady. Quick, who is the forward missing his front tooth? You have 30 seconds or you are full of shit.

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not hanging on his every word ...

All I wanted was for him to shut Trumps Mouth ...

He got PAID, twice a good.

... good enough for me, and he didn't have to get hit by a Linebacker
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well FloridaFan, looks like you are full of shit. Poor dumb cat lady.