Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats smell a rout

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,072 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

As happy as I'll be to see the pigfucker Trump dragged out of the White House this coming January, let us remember that Trump is just one despicable troglodyte.

The 63, 000, 000 troglodytes who voted for him will mostly still be around.
    These people are quite literally irredeemable.

Even if a few of them realize that they fucked up badly, their original transgression is unforgiveable.
    They're far too damaged to transform themselves into minimally acceptable human beings worthy of sharing the planet's oxygen supply,

In peril is the fool who thinks that we did our job by relegating Trump to the deepest trench of history's garbage.
    The Trumpanzees who remain will always be a threat to civilized life if they're not dealt with on a frighteningly Draconian level.
    That's something that we should be seriously thinking about now as well.

I'm not talking about Hitlerian "Final Solutions," although I'd be a liar if I didn't admit to a guilty smile when I think about it happening to Republican filth.
    Surely, though, we could heard them all into a desert reservation or something like that.
    Anything to segregate them them from actual humans of value.

These people are a horrible disease on our culture, far worse than the deadly Covid 19 could ever be.
    What are we willing to do about it? Again, all decent people must be thinking about that right now.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,445 Times in 52,461 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    As happy as I'll be to see the pigfucker Trump dragged out of the White House this coming January, let us remember that Trump is just one despicable troglodyte.

The 63, 000, 000 troglodytes who voted for him will mostly still be around....
    Hate begets hate. No doubt the Dark Side welcomes you.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Hate begets hate.
    What you say is true, but emotions are not voluntary.
    We must deal with them as they actually exist.

I have ejected Trump supporters permanently from my life, as was the sane thing to do,
    but I have not taken a baseball bat to them as my conscience orders me to do.

And I genuinely suffer mental anguish because of that.

If you can't understand that, you have no true understanding of how vile Trumpanzees actually are.

They make brain cancer looking like a loving Grandma in comparison.
    We're gradually coming up with cures for different forms of cancer,
    but what the hell are we doing about Trumpanzees?

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What you say is true, but emotions are not voluntary.
    We must deal with them as they actually exist....
    Claiming 63M Americans are "troglodytes", that they are "literally irredeemable" and that exercising their freedom to vote is "unforgivable" is proof that you are no better than those you hate.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Claiming 63M Americans are "troglodytes", that they are "literally irredeemable" and that exercising their freedom to vote is "unforgivable" is proof that you are no better than those you hate.
    Actually, it simply reveals the obvious--I'm more evolved, enlightened, intelligent, and morally forthright than those that I so logically hate...
    as are all other decent people with whom I'm willing to associate.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Actually, it simply reveals the obvious--I'm more evolved, enlightened, intelligent, and morally forthright than those that I so logically hate...
    as are all other decent people with whom I'm willing to associate.
    I'm sure those claims will get you the night manager job at McDonald's....which, for you, would be an example of the Peter Principle.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm sure those claims will get you the night manager job at McDonald's....which, for you, would be an example of the Peter Principle.
    What the fuck would I want with a job at my age?

My sole remaining responsibilities at this stage of life are to walk my dog, and to try everything I can to relegate Trump and his supporters to history's septic tank.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What the fuck would I want with a job at my age?

My sole remaining responsibilities at this stage of life are to walk my dog, and to try everything I can to relegate Trump and his supporters to history's septic tank.
    You forgot "...and act like a pimple-faced teenage anarchist.":

The 63, 000, 000 troglodytes who voted for him will mostly still be around.
    These people are quite literally irredeemable.

Even if a few of them realize that they fucked up badly, their original transgression is unforgiveable.
    They're far too damaged to transform themselves into minimally acceptable human beings worthy of sharing the planet's oxygen supply,

In peril is the fool who thinks that we did our job by relegating Trump to the deepest trench of history's garbage.
    The Trumpanzees who remain will always be a threat to civilized life if they're not dealt with on a frighteningly Draconian level.
    That's something that we should be seriously thinking about now as well.

I'm not talking about Hitlerian "Final Solutions," although I'd be a liar if I didn't admit to a guilty smile when I think about it happening to Republican filth.
    Surely, though, we could heard them all into a desert reservation or something like that.
    Anything to segregate them them from actual humans of value.

These people are a horrible disease on our culture, far worse than the deadly Covid 19 could ever be.
    What are we willing to do about it? Again, all decent people must be thinking about that right now.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    And another diversion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    run, forest, run.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

niftyniblick, the antagonist from a jolly green giant commercial,

is old and only cares about his portfolio of chinese investments.

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    I don't think much of Biden. But he's definitely better than Trump. The Democrats really need to develop better candidates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This election was about getting back to normalcy. In any other election, against any other candidate, many in the field would have been excellent challengers. I liked Mayor Pete for his ability to examine issues and speak intelligently on any topic.

Unfortunately, this is a reality show, not an election. For once, there is no question that Biden will serve one term. His VP will have to be viewed as presidential material.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    trump should drop out
    Agreed. I'd vote for Pence in a heartbeat as I suspect millions more would do. Restore sanity to the WH by electing someone who isn't snorting Adderall or gets lost on the way to the Men's Room.

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Agreed. I'd vote for Pence in a heartbeat as I suspect millions more would do. Restore sanity to the WH by electing someone who isn't snorting Adderall or gets lost on the way to the Men's Room.
    Pence has his own set of issues, but he'll get the Republican vote.

He'll lose the election, but it would be a normal transfer of power.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 4,159 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Got news for you. The defeat the Democrats suffered in the 2010 mid-terms was a direct result of their using their numbers in Congress and holding the Presidency to push through single-party, non-bipartisan, legislation and actions that the public hated. The problem with the Democrat party still exists and if anything, has gotten worse. As the Democrats become a party of the Left and increasingly refuse to work in a bipartisan fashion with Republicans even when they win an election their victory will be short-lived.
    Most people won't put up with the Leftist agenda shoved down their throats. The only way the Left has historically been able to gain and retain power is through a dictatorship or sustained massive voter fraud.

What the redistricting plan shown above does is try to impose rigged elections on a national scale using redistricting far in excess of what Republicans have done. Not unexpected from the Left. Nor is pushing for voting rules and systems that allow massive fraud to occur. It doesn't have to have occurred, so much as there be a system in place to allow it down the road.
    Actually, EVERYONE seems to overlook the FACT that a LARGE PORTION of the folk that voted for Obama in 2008 were polled and were found to be pissed off that Obama "wasn't fighting hard enough for his campaign promises".... they showed their disdain BY NOT VOTING. And as we all know, Republicans do well when there is a low voter turn out. Just saying.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 4,159 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Donald Trump’s collapsing poll numbers have Democrats thinking bigger than just winning the White House and seizing the Senate — they’re imagining a rout that extends all the way down the ballot.

Intent on not repeating the mistakes of 2010 under then-President Barack Obama, the party is seizing on a once-in-a-decade opportunity to drive the redistricting process — and reverse the built-in advantage Republicans amassed over House district lines after the last census.

it would correct an Obama-era down-ballot shellacking that handed Republicans House control and resulted in the loss of more than 900 Democratic legislative seats.

The devastating results for Democrats in 2010 — part of a multi-million dollar effort by Republicans and Karl Rove to zero in on winning governor’s offices and battleground statehouses — gave the GOP total control in 19 states and allowed them to draw 213 congressional districts.

The new maps were a disaster for Democrats and spawned a bevy of groups and fundraising efforts intent on preventing a repeat in 2020. Most notably, Obama and former Attorney General Eric Holder created the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, a centralized redistricting hub on the Democratic side “to make sure that what the Republicans did last time was not possible again,” said John Bisognano, the NDRC’s executive director. “We weren’t going to get caught off guard again.”

But the opportunity in November is even more profound, Democrats say. It represents not only a once-every-20-years occurrence when reapportionment falls in a presidential year, but perhaps a once in a lifetime opportunity when an incumbent president appears so weak.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ricting-349053
    Actually, EVERYONE seems to overlook the FACT that a LARGE PORTION of the folk that voted for Obama in 2008 were polled and were found to be pissed off that Obama "wasn't fighting hard enough for his campaign promises".... they showed their disdain BY NOT VOTING. And as we all know, Republicans do well when there is a low voter turn out. Just saying.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell