Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's something quite strange...........

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Most people have never had an IQ test. The Conservatives are lying about having taken an IQ test because they're more insecure.
    If not lying about having taken the test, then lying about their scores.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Seriously, how many people do you think take an IQ test at some point in their life?
    MOST, if not ALL, take the test in middle school. My sister and I took it when we were in middle school. The people administering the test didn't call it an "I.Q" test, even though it WAS. I believe this was done purposely in order to not make the students nervous. After the results were tabulated, the parents were told how their children fared. I remember that I enjoyed the testing and didn't have a whole lot of difficulty with it. My mother informed us on how we did. She also told us that yes, it WAS an I.Q. test. I fared quite well, my sister scored even higher. My sister ended up getting a Master's Degree in English at Arizona State University, and was working on her doctorate when hideously painful migraine headaches hit her. She had to quit school, and a nice editing job she had for a book publisher. I believe these headaches first hit her around 20 years ago, and she still has them despite going to a world known headache clinic in Chicago for about 13 years now. They've tried virtually every treatment and medication, but she's only been able to get a little relief. They just are unable to find the root cause of my sister's headaches. Unfortunately after our mother passed away in October of 2013, my sister was completely devastated. She and my mom were good friends as well as being mother and daughter. My sister started abusing opioids, and became addicted. She got so bad she had to be hospitalized a couple times because she broke BOTH her ankles about 4 months apart from being so totally zoned out from the opioids. She fell hard enough ON her ankles to severely break them. Very soon after her first ankle healed, she fell on the other one, breaking it. At this point I had to retire so I could watch over and take care of her. It took a little over a year for her to break her addiction and heal completely. This was a bit over 4 years ago. She's been clean since. I've stayed retired so I could help her stay off the opioids. I love being retired. My sister in on disability because of her severe migraines which she still suffers from. We both collect Social Security and live well within our means, so we don't need or have to work. So in a roundabout way, having a very high I.Q. does NOT protect you from possibly becoming addicted to a substance or substances that can completely alter your life. No one is safe from this.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Yeah, there would be the possibility that the tests would end up online and people would study for them, which would defeat the purpose.
    Yep.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I have a very simple IQ test that is very accurate.

There is only one question, but the answer is very telling.

The question:

Do you think Donald Trump is suitable to be the president of the United States?

If you answered No- You are smart!

If you answered Yes- You are dumber than a box of hair!
    True.

As soon as Covid-19 started making the news, I knew that the Republicans would make a whiny fuss about it. Everyone else on the planet would accept science and wear masks, but not the GOP! No, the GOP would come up with asinine conspiracy theories and claim that the scientists are "wrong" and "evil" and "want to hurt the economy" or whatever nonsense.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

anyone who would tell someone on a politics board what their IQ is has a lower IQ than they claimed.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”