Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's something quite strange...........

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Default Here's something quite strange...........

I've asked probably around 20 liberals on this site what their I.Q. is. NONE of them, ZILCH, NADA, ZERO of them answered with a number. I asked the same question of about 25 liberals on the USMB site, ONE gave me a number. Conversely, EVERY single conservative I've asked this responded with a number. So, on the two sites combined, 1 out of roughly 45 liberals were able to answer, only JUST OVER 2%. The conservatives I asked, 100%. This discrepancy is pretty shocking. Any thoughts on this?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    I've asked probably around 20 liberals on this site what their I.Q. is. NONE of them, ZILCH, NADA, ZERO of them answered with a number. I asked the same question of about 25 liberals on the USMB site, ONE gave me a number. Conversely, EVERY single conservative I've asked this responded with a number. So, on the two sites combined, 1 out of roughly 45 liberals were able to answer, only JUST OVER 2%. The conservatives I asked, 100%. This discrepancy is pretty shocking. Any thoughts on this?
    Most people have never had an IQ test. The Conservatives are lying about having taken an IQ test because they're more insecure.

3. The Following User Groans At StoneByStone For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-05-2020)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Nomad (07-05-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Post FAIL, Stoney, post FAIL.
    Seriously, how many people do you think take an IQ test at some point in their life?

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,303 Times in 13,425 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

And, 100% of them, liberal and conservative got the answer wrong. So?

7. The Following User Groans At T. A. Gardner For This Awful Post:

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,110 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Seriously, how many people do you think take an IQ test at some point in their life?
    I was reading that younger people tend to check their credit score constantly, they are fixated on the number. IQ could be the same idea, likely driven by insecurities.

I dont think that I have ever taken an IQ test, I have no idea why I would want to do that.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,263 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Why are you only asking liberals?

Why didn't you post what you think your IQ is?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iq-scor...e-study-shows/

Researchers have determined in the largest online study on the intelligence quotient (IQ) that results from the test may not exactly show how smart someone is.

"When we looked at the data, the bottom line is the whole concept of IQ -- or of you having a higher IQ than me -- is a myth," Dr. Adrian Owen, the study's senior investigator and the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience and Imaging at the university's Brain and Mind Institute said to the Toronto Star. "There is no such thing as a single measure of IQ or a measure of general intelligence."

More than 100,000 participants joined the study and completed 12 online cognitive tests that examined memory, reasoning, attention and planning abilities. They were also asked about their background and lifestyle.

They found that there was not one single test or component that could accurately judge how well a person could perform mental and cognitive tasks. Instead, they determined there are at least three different components that make up intelligence or a "cognitive profile": short-term memory, reasoning and a verbal component.

Scientists also scanned participants' brains with a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) machine and saw that different cognitive abilities were related to different circuits in the brain, suggesting that the theory that different areas of the brain control certain abilities may be true.

Researchers also discovered that training one's brain to help perform better cognitively did not help.

"People who 'brain-train' are no better at any of these three aspects of intelligence than people who don't," Owen said.

For some reason, people who played video games did better on reasoning and short-term memory portions of the test.

However, aging was associated with a decline on memory and reasoning abilities. Those who smoked did worse on short-term memory and verbal portions, while those with anxiety did badly on short-term memory test components.

"We have shown categorically that you cannot sum up the difference between people in terms of one number, and that is really what is important here," Owen told the CBC.

"Now we need to go forward and work out how we can assess the differences between people, and that will be something for future studies," he added.

The study was published in Neuron on Dec. 20.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Charoite (07-06-2020)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have a very simple IQ test that is very accurate.

There is only one question, but the answer is very telling.

The question:

Do you think Donald Trump is suitable to be the president of the United States?

If you answered No- You are smart!

If you answered Yes- You are dumber than a box of hair!

13. The Following User Groans At Geeko Sportivo For This Awful Post:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Charoite (07-06-2020)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I was reading that younger people tend to check their credit score constantly, they are fixated on the number. IQ could be the same idea, likely driven by insecurities.

I dont think that I have ever taken an IQ test, I have no idea why I would want to do that.
    I think taking an IQ test should be required for voting. But right now, there really is no point in taking one.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-05-2020), Hawkeye10 (07-05-2020)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Why are you only asking liberals?

Why didn't you post what you think your IQ is?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iq-scor...e-study-shows/

Researchers have determined in the largest online study on the intelligence quotient (IQ) that results from the test may not exactly show how smart someone is.

"When we looked at the data, the bottom line is the whole concept of IQ -- or of you having a higher IQ than me -- is a myth," Dr. Adrian Owen, the study's senior investigator and the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience and Imaging at the university's Brain and Mind Institute said to the Toronto Star. "There is no such thing as a single measure of IQ or a measure of general intelligence."

More than 100,000 participants joined the study and completed 12 online cognitive tests that examined memory, reasoning, attention and planning abilities. They were also asked about their background and lifestyle.

They found that there was not one single test or component that could accurately judge how well a person could perform mental and cognitive tasks. Instead, they determined there are at least three different components that make up intelligence or a "cognitive profile": short-term memory, reasoning and a verbal component.

Scientists also scanned participants' brains with a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) machine and saw that different cognitive abilities were related to different circuits in the brain, suggesting that the theory that different areas of the brain control certain abilities may be true.

Researchers also discovered that training one's brain to help perform better cognitively did not help.

"People who 'brain-train' are no better at any of these three aspects of intelligence than people who don't," Owen said.

For some reason, people who played video games did better on reasoning and short-term memory portions of the test.

However, aging was associated with a decline on memory and reasoning abilities. Those who smoked did worse on short-term memory and verbal portions, while those with anxiety did badly on short-term memory test components.

"We have shown categorically that you cannot sum up the difference between people in terms of one number, and that is really what is important here," Owen told the CBC.

"Now we need to go forward and work out how we can assess the differences between people, and that will be something for future studies," he added.

The study was published in Neuron on Dec. 20.
    LEARN to READ, Geeko, I asked BOTH liberals AND conservatives.

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I think taking an IQ test should be required for voting. But right now, there really is no point in taking one.
    THAT'S not a bad idea, Stoney. But unfortunately it probably wouldn't work. Too many people WOULD find a way to falsify their test results.

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I have a very simple IQ test that is very accurate.

There is only one question, but the answer is very telling.

The question:

Do you think Donald Trump is suitable to be the president of the United States?

If you answered No- You are smart!

If you answered Yes- You are dumber than a box of hair!
    You really ARE an idiot, Geeko. VERY sad.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

THAT'S not a bad idea, Stoney. But unfortunately it probably wouldn't work. Too many people WOULD find a way to falsify their test results.
    Yeah, there would be the possibility that the tests would end up online and people would study for them, which would defeat the purpose.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Dude, you are a fucking goofball.

Shut the fuck up.

You want a number?

My IQ is 500.

Suck on that.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts