1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    He visited our troops in Iraq.
    Was that the one where he bragged about how he had gotten the military a 10% pay raise, their first in ten years (both were lies, of course). It's my favorite Trump lie, because it came complete with an imaginary conversation with 'them'. They told him how about 3% or 4% and Trump told 'them', 'no let's make it 10%' Watching him recite this story, I think he might have actually believed his own bullshit. It was remarkable.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-05-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-06-2020)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    Yes, he did. Our president is a good man.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-06-2020)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Seen any lately? I can't recall seeing any. Anyone got one they could post? Or, is it an understatement that 92 to 98% of all news on Trump is negative?
    Sounds a bit low to me since 99.9% of what he does is negative.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,244 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

Sounds a bit low to me since 99.9% of what he does is negative.
    You see, that is the problem. No one, particularly someone who has been elected President, can possibly do 99.9% negative things and not be removed from office for cause. The best historical example of that was the impeachment of Andrew Johnson. He missed removal by one (1) vote, and it wasn't on party lines either. His presidency could be framed as highly negative as the reason for his impeachment.

But, Trump gets zero credit even when he does something neutral or correct. Instead, those events are turned into negatives by the MSM. That's not news, its propaganda. That's a big problem.

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

You see, that is the problem. No one, particularly someone who has been elected President, can possibly do 99.9% negative things and not be removed from office for cause. The best historical example of that was the impeachment of Andrew Johnson. He missed removal by one (1) vote, and it wasn't on party lines either. His presidency could be framed as highly negative as the reason for his impeachment.

But, Trump gets zero credit even when he does something neutral or correct. Instead, those events are turned into negatives by the MSM. That's not news, its propaganda. That's a big problem.
    It's by design. DT wants bad press, brings it on. Most news is bad news. If you want to be in the news all the time you have to do bad things. DT is addicted to free publicity, feeds off it. He knows the score. He brings it all on himself and he does it on purpose.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,229 Times in 6,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

What has he done that's neutral or correct in 2020?

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Liar Trump, Coward FDA chief

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...won-t-n1232926

Hahn, a member of the White House coronavirus task force, said he was "not going to get into who's right and who is wrong"

America is so irresponsible

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,793 Times in 17,243 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

It is called reporting the news. You rightys think it is like global warming. Since you are too stupid to understand that it is real and happening, and your noninformational opinion deserves the same time as real stories backed by science do. It is not true. Trump gets the press he earns. A guy who has cranked out 20 K lies in 4 years should not be treated like a respectable and honest person.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 07-05-2020 at 05:54 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-06-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-06-2020)

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,793 Times in 17,243 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Was that the one where he bragged about how he had gotten the military a 10% pay raise, their first in ten years (both were lies, of course). It's my favorite Trump lie, because it came complete with an imaginary conversation with 'them'. They told him how about 3% or 4% and Trump told 'them', 'no let's make it 10%' Watching him recite this story, I think he might have actually believed his own bullshit. It was remarkable.
    So Trump lied about it all. Trumpies do not care.

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    What has he done that's neutral or correct in 2020?
    Neutral: Created the US Space Force as a separate branch of the military in Dec 2019 and appropriations made in 2020 for it. Haven't seen or heard a word on that occurring.

Correct: As of Jan 2020, had lowest unemployment, lowest minority unemployment, and best job growth in economy since the 1950's.

Neutral or correct: Has built about 170 miles of border wall (and yes, replacing vehicle barriers or multi-strand barbed wire fence counts since neither is a "wall") with about another 75 miles under construction. Whether you agree with this or not, it is an accomplishment that he said he was going to do and has done in part despite no support from Congress.

Controversial but certainly a success: Impeachment became little more than a circus in Congress and failed giving the Democrats a black eye for their blatant partisanship on it.

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not nearly as astonishing as the fact that as you concede, he is more bad than good, and NEVER EVER is that ever acknowledged as true. This thread is preposterous given that
    total unwillingness to admit any fault whatsoever from his base in what factually and by great consensus is the worst, most defective human in both word and deed to ever hold this office.

I guess that is why it is a successful troll thread. It is so egregiously untrue in its essence.

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Not nearly as astonishing as the fact that as you concede, he is more bad than good, and NEVER EVER is that ever acknowledged as true. This thread is preposterous given that
    total unwillingness to admit any fault whatsoever from his base in what factually and by great consensus is the worst, most defective human in both word and deed to ever hold this office.

I guess that is why it is a successful troll thread. It is so egregiously untrue in its essence.
    I think Trump is as a person terrible. But he wasn't elected for his less than charming personality. He was elected to accomplish things for the nation. In the economy, he certainly in the last three years proved far, far more capable of getting the economy going than Obama did in eight years, or even Bush in his eight years. In foreign policy nobody can accuse him of the sort of slathering bootlicking Obama made to every dictator on the planet while kicking our best allies to the curb.

So, while I think Trump is someone I'd never, ever invite to dinner and is grating to listen to, he hasn't done all that bad as President. He certainly hasn't been a great President but at least he's not the failure Obama was and Biden will be if he gets elected.

Not particularly to change the subject, but as a side note here on Biden. I find it interesting that this may well prove to be the first election for president in US history that has one candidate doing everything he can (or his campaign team is) to not campaign at all. Biden doesn't want to debate Trump at all it seems. That seems strange as he claims he has better mental faculties than Trump, as do many of Trump's detractors. I would think Biden would be eager to show Trump up on live television for the fool he claims Trump is.
    Yet, Biden is rarely seen in public, only interviews with reporters who give softball questions to him, and is pretty much not even campaigning at all.

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    He visited our troops in Iraq.
    Bad news though was he came back.........

My bad......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,229 Times in 6,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Neutral: Created the US Space Force as a separate branch of the military in Dec 2019 and appropriations made in 2020 for it. Haven't seen or heard a word on that occurring.

Correct: As of Jan 2020, had lowest unemployment, lowest minority unemployment, and best job growth in economy since the 1950's.

Neutral or correct: Has built about 170 miles of border wall (and yes, replacing vehicle barriers or multi-strand barbed wire fence counts since neither is a "wall") with about another 75 miles under construction. Whether you agree with this or not, it is an accomplishment that he said he was going to do and has done in part despite no support from Congress.

Controversial but certainly a success: Impeachment became little more than a circus in Congress and failed giving the Democrats a black eye for their blatant partisanship on it.
    There was plenty of good press on the economy - when it was actually good. It ended after January. This is Trump's economy now.

I guess the wall would be an article or something. Headline news? Kind of meh.

2020 has been the worst year for any President in memory. It's really no surprise that most of the coverage is negative.

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

You have an article or news report that puts that in a positive light we can read or watch?
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/polit...sit/index.html

You see, my question here is if every news report, every news article, every mention of Trump in the MSM is spun to be a negative, then it is abundantly clear that the MSM is lying their collective asses off about Trump and what he's doing. It's not necessarily "fake news." Instead, the spin and way each item is presented is given negative connotations is applied. No credit is given whatsoever for Trump doing anything right even when it is right.
    It's quite simple. What happens when a politician misspeaks or misbehaves? And you ignored the right wing spin to make him look as good as possible. Why aren't you worried about that?

Sure, I expect the Leftists and Never Trump types to poo poo that as accurate--that Trump does nothing right-- but that's clearly not the case. Trump has his negatives, some quite serious, but there is no way any person, Trump, me, you, anyone, can never do anything right and screws up everything. It simply isn't possible.
    So in other words, be quiet about it?

Assumed to be in the tank for the Democrats and just shills for them.
    Sure it can be assume but it doesn't make it true. If you want to prove, then provide examples of articles spun into negative story.

Lying about Trump pretty regularly
    More interested in getting Trump out of office than what any replacement would do or how much worse a Democrat could be if installed.
    By your logic, Fox News was interested in getting Obama out of the office.

I'm not defending Trump here at all. I'm castigating and pillorying the MSM for completely abandoning their duty to bring you the news and substituting party propaganda instead.
    Then start acknowledging the spin on Fox News.