Thread: DT Turns Independence Celebration Into Political Campaign Rally

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default DT Turns Independence Celebration Into Political Campaign Rally

"“This movement is openly attacking the legacies of every person on Mount Rushmore,” Trump said. He lamented “cancel culture” and charged that some on the political left hope to “defame our heroes, erase our values and indoctrinate our children.” He said Americans should speak proudly of their heritage and shouldn’t have to apologize for its history."

DT pushes racial division, flouts virus rules at Mount Rushmore

Is anyone surprised?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-05-2020), Earl (07-04-2020), Matt Dillon (07-04-2020)

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-04-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (07-04-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-04-2020), Trumpet (07-04-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No doubt more of the same can be expected tonight in DC.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (07-04-2020)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,157 Times in 33,860 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "“This movement is openly attacking the legacies of every person on Mount Rushmore,” Trump said. He lamented “cancel culture” and charged that some on the political left hope to “defame our heroes, erase our values and indoctrinate our children.” He said Americans should speak proudly of their heritage and shouldn’t have to apologize for its history."

Is anyone surprised?
    I think his campaign should pay for it.

8. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-04-2020), PoliTalker (07-04-2020), signalmankenneth (07-04-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-04-2020), Trumpet (07-04-2020)

10. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"The discord was heightened as the Trump campaign confirmed during the president’s speech that Kimberly Guilfoyle, a top fundraiser for the campaign and the girlfriend of Trump’s eldest son Donald Trump Jr., had tested positive for the coronavirus while in South Dakota. Both Guilfoyle and Trump Jr., who serves as a top surrogate for the president, are isolating themselves and have canceled public events, according to Sergio Gor, chief of staff to the Trump campaign’s finance committee."

-OP link

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-04-2020)

13. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

More campaign rhetoric:

"The event, while not a campaign rally, had the feel of one as the friendly crowd greeted Trump with chants of “Four more years!” and cheered enthusiastically as he and first lady Melania Trump took the stage."

14. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Total disregard for the risk of transmission:

"The small town of Keystone, which lies a couple of miles from the monument, was buzzing with people Friday hoping to catch a glimpse of the fireworks and the president. Many wore pro-Trump T-shirts and hats. Few wore masks."

And that did not go unnoticed:

"Mike Harris of Rapid City, who said he was a Republican, wore a mask and waved an anti-Trump flag. He also was sporting a handgun on each hip. He said he was worried the event would spark a COVID-19 outbreak.

“I think it’s a bad example being set by our president and our governor,” Harris said."

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-04-2020), Phantasmal (07-04-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-04-2020)

17. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is anyone surprised?
    No. Trump NEVER tries to unite the Country. It's always a 'Us against Them'. (how much longer until November?)

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-04-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (07-04-2020), Phantasmal (07-04-2020), PoliTalker (07-04-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-04-2020)

19. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    No. Trump NEVER tries to unite the Country. It's always a 'Us against Them'. (how much longer until November?)
    Democrats started that non stop when they lost in 2016. It is coming home to roost for them. And they will not like the results. Again.

20. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,157 Times in 33,860 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

"The small town of Keystone, which lies a couple of miles from the monument, was buzzing with people Friday hoping to catch a glimpse of the fireworks and the president. Many wore pro-Trump T-shirts and hats. Few wore masks."

"Mike Harris of Rapid City, who said he was a Republican, wore a mask and waved an anti-Trump flag. He also was sporting a handgun on each hip. He said he was worried the event would spark a COVID-19 outbreak.

“I think it’s a bad example being set by our president and our governor,” Harris said."
    He’s right. There were people, Donnie’s girlfriend, who were positive, how many people did she interact with before they sent her packing?

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-04-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-04-2020), Trumpet (07-04-2020)

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,660 Times in 16,589 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Democrats started that non stop when they lost in 2016. It is coming home to roost for them. And they will not like the results. Again.
    Very true....

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Sailor (07-04-2020)

24. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OP link:

"Several people who once oversaw fire danger at the national memorial had said setting off fireworks over the forest was a bad idea that could lead to a large wildfire. Fireworks were called off after 2009 because a mountain pine beetle infestation increased the fire risks.

Noem pushed to get the fireworks resumed soon after she was elected, and enlisted Trump’s help. The president brushed aside fire concerns earlier this year, saying: “What can burn? It’s stone.”"

What a dumb thing to say. The area is surrounded by highly flammable beetletkill pine.

25. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-04-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-05-2020)

27. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I think his campaign should pay for it.
    This him. Always trying to get something for nothing and stick us with the bill.

28. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

29. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-04-2020)

30. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

I am *so* looking forward to having a president who does not sew hatred and try to divide the country.

He must think he is president of the Divided States of America.

He's got a lot of nerve co-opting the birthday of the USA.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jack (07-04-2020), Phantasmal (07-04-2020)

32. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

I am *so* looking forward to having a president who does not sew hatred and try to divide the country.

He must think he is president of the Divided States of America.

He's got a lot of nerve co-opting the birthday of the USA.

33. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-04-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-04-2020)

35. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Total disregard for the risk of transmission by the millions of protestors and looters rioting in cities controlled by Democrats.

36. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

AProudLefty (07-04-2020)