Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why I voted for Trump

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Depends on the facts. When Thomas Jefferson wrote 'all men are created equal' what he really meant was 'All white male land owners are created equal'. The Constitution is genius. The men who wrote it were incredibly flawed. But that's not really what we're talking about, it was another one of your lame attempts to deflect. When you label the opposition party 'totalitarian', that is divisive. Continue to worship your Dear Leader. To quote one of my favorite movies.... 'The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end'. And 'we' won't forget what you did. Ever.
    Well, what word would you use for silencing opposing views and using all the cancel culture techniques?

Seriously, give me a better word for it. If we put ‘soft’ in front of totalitarianism would that make it less offensive? Soft totalitarianism, that’s it.

And yes, at the time Jefferson wrote the declaration he was a slave holder. At that time, blacks were selling other blacks to white Europeans; the indigenous were engaged in any number of barbaric practices. Muslims were capturing slaves of every hue off of North Africa. Well, they still are if you count Libya. Let’s see, how far do you want to go with it?

And are you suggesting the founders should have sent a note to the Brits asking if they would chill for a bit, while they fought a war amongst themselves over slavery?

How do you suppose that would have turned out?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Matt Dillon (07-04-2020)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,070 Times in 6,781 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    nothing mindless about it. it's clear eyed recognition -something you totally suck at
    You're the exact kind of voter he loves.

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well, what word would you use for silencing opposing views and using all the cancel culture techniques?

Seriously, give me a better word for it. If we put ‘soft’ in front of totalitarianism would that make it less offensive? Soft totalitarianism, that’s it.

And yes, at the time Jefferson wrote the declaration he was a slave holder. At that time, blacks were selling other blacks to white Europeans; the indigenous were engaged in any number of barbaric practices. Muslims were capturing slaves of every hue off of North Africa. Well, they still are if you count Libya. Let’s see, how far do you want to go with it?

And are you suggesting the founders should have sent a note to the Brits asking if they would chill for a bit, while they fought a war amongst themselves over slavery?

How do you suppose that would have turned out?
    There is some of that, but labeling every person who disagrees with you in that manner is divisive and stupid. That's your club. Enjoy your charter membership.

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    If you continue to support Trump and think this White Nationalist speech was awesome, you are a racist.

This should have been a speech to a nation ravaged by COVID and facing economic uncertainty, instead it was a rally cry to racist, his base.

Trump blew another opportunity.
    Trump knocked it out of the park last night. Best speech he's made yet!

How were you before the TDS got too far advanced in your brain?

How am I a racist?

Was it liking all that talk about God and Country that makes me a racist?

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

BLM organizers are self confessed Marxists.
    They are using the same agenda as the Chinese Cultural revolution
    Useless.

BLM could be handing out copies of Das Kapital and they still wouldn’t accept it.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Matt Dillon (07-04-2020)

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Enough is enough.
    The radical left has crossed a line.
    The gloves come off...
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

dukkha (07-04-2020)

10. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Concart,

It is disingenuous to represent somebody else's words as one's own. It is not honest posting. Anybody quotes him and it says he wrote it. That's a lie.

We can't have a civil discussion if people can't stand behind what they wrote. Especially if it is because somebody else wrote it.

I don't like to make exceptions to rules. Rules are rules for a reason. If rules are wrong they need to be rewritten. If rules are right they need to be respected. If we do not respect rules then rules become meaningless.
    You do have a point. Quoted text should be accredited.
    I take it you mean the quoted text in the OP. Well, probably time has expired for it to be edited.
    So you could PM the dude and explain, or spam the report button.

11. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Yup.

Disagree with me and I’ll call you ugly names; dox you and get you fired; Me2 you etc.
    lol "You're fired" is now "you're cancelled"
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-04-2020)

13. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Useless.

BLM could be handing out copies of Das Kapital and they still wouldn’t accept it.
    Dems have a Faustian agreement with the Marxists devils -get in power
    the sole agenda for Dems is political power; but that's just the beginning of the agenda for Marxists.
    Dems dont GAF

14. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump's supporters care more about a few statues than about a pandemic, an economy that the CBO said may take a decade to fully bring back, and racial strife that is forcing most Americans with an ounce of introspection to consider who we really are.

It's the most collective state of denial I think I've ever seen. That speech was unreal from a world leader whose country is suffering right now. It was an embarrassment.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-04-2020)

16. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

There could be no better place to celebrate America’s independence than beneath this magnificent, incredible majestic mountain and monument to the greatest Americans who have ever lived. Today we pay tribute to the exceptional lives and extraordinary legacies of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt. I am here as your president to proclaim before the country and before the world, this monument will never be desecrated, these heroes will never be defamed, their legacy will never ever be destroyed, their achievements will never be forgotten, and Mount Rushmore will stand forever as an eternal tribute to our forefathers and to our freedom.

We gather tonight to herald the most important day in the history of nations, July 4th, 1776. At those words, every American heart should swell with pride, every American family should cheer with delight, and every American patriot should be filled with joy because each of you lives in the most magnificent country in the history of the world and it will soon be greater than ever before.

Our founders launched not only a revolution in government, but a revolution in the pursuit of justice, equality, liberty, and prosperity. No nation has done more to advance the human condition than the United States of America and no people have done more to promote human progress than the citizens of our great nation. It was all made possible by the courage of 56 patriots who gathered in Philadelphia 244 years ago and signed the Declaration of Independence. They enshrined a divine truth that changed the world forever when they said, “All men are created equal.” These immortal words set in motion the unstoppable march of freedom. Our founders boldly declared that we are all endowed with the same divine rights, given us by our Creator in Heaven, and that which God has given us, we will allow no one ever to take away ever.

1776 represented the culmination of thousands of years of Western civilization and the triumph of not only spirit, but of wisdom, philosophy, and reason. And yet, as we meet here tonight, there is a growing danger that threatens every blessing our ancestors fought so hard for, struggled, they bled to secure. Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children. Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they’re doing this, but some know what they are doing. They think the American people are weak and soft and submissive, but no, the American people are strong and proud and they will not allow our country and all of its values, history, and culture to be taken from them.

One of their political weapons is cancel culture, driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and to our values and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America.

This attack on our liberty, our magnificent liberty must be stopped and it will be stopped very quickly. We will expose this dangerous movement, protect our nation’s children from this radical assault, and preserve our beloved American way of life. In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished. It’s not going to happen to us.
    You voted for Trump because his message of racism and bigotry resonates with you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

BartenderElite (07-04-2020)

18. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dems have a Faustian agreement with the Marxists devils -get in power -the sole agenda for Dems the beginning of the agenda for Marxists
    Boo!

Can't remember where I've heard that before. Oh, yeah - every single Presidential race in my lifetime.

19. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    There is some of that, but labeling every person who disagrees with you in that manner is divisive and stupid. That's your club. Enjoy your charter membership.
    He wasn’t talking about Biden or whoever: he was referring to the white/black thugs who are lawlessly destroying monuments that have nothing to do with the confederacy. And at least *appears* to have more to do with the founding of this country.

It’s no coincidence he made the speech in front of Mount Rushmore.

I think Democrats made a grave political mistake by not marginalizing these characters.

20. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Trump's supporters care more about a few statues than about a pandemic, an economy that the CBO said may take a decade to fully bring back, and racial strife that is forcing most Americans with an ounce of introspection to consider who we really are.

It's the most collective state of denial I think I've ever seen. That speech was unreal from a world leader whose country is suffering right now. It was an embarrassment.
    Desperate Trump is counting on generating enough emotional ideological hype to carry him to victory in November.

21. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He wasn’t talking about Biden or whoever: he was referring to the white/black thugs who are lawlessly destroying monuments that have nothing to do with the confederacy. And at least *appears* to have more to do with the founding of this country.

It’s no coincidence he made the speech in front of Mount Rushmore.

I think Democrats made a grave political mistake by not marginalizing these characters.
    Every Dem has condemned the rioters and vandals, and the violence.

You always think the Dems are making a "big mistake." Funny how while you say that, Biden's lead in the polls grows.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-04-2020)