Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why I voted for Trump

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,244 Times in 6,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The mayor of Minneapolis sat in the office and condemned CHAZ lol?

You didn’t really expect that to work, did you?
    Remind me again what Trump said about the Nazis in Charlottesville? Or the guy recently shouting "white power!"

Methinks a double standard is afoot.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    How many times have you heard Trump say 'the radical Democrat Party'? I've lost count. Democrats just need to use the fact that a white supremacist is the opposing candidate. It couldn't be easier.
    ha ha ha ha.
    Such crap. Trump did more for blacks then most -aside from he economy.
    He secured funding for black colleges / First Step Act was impetus by the WH

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Remind me again what Trump said about the Nazis in Charlottesville? Or the guy recently shouting "white power!"

Methinks a double standard is afoot.
    self imposed willful ignorance - "this is fine"

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

I do get it, but the brush is WAY too broad. Trump places the label on anyone who disagrees with him. I'm sure it would be placed on me, and his followers here do the same, but I am NOTHING like what he described in the speech. As for being a traitor...... I was accused of the same thing when I voted for an Independent instead of the Democratic candidate for Governor in Minnesota. I actually penned an editorial explaining why I voted as I did, and why no one should have to apologize or justify their vote. It was published, and the guy I voted for called me to thank me. There you go.
    Cons are way too quick to brand people as traitors based on non-treasonous words or actions. Way back in the day some of my buddies here and I experienced this when we criticized the Iraq war.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (07-04-2020)

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    If you continue to support Trump and think this White Nationalist speech was awesome, you are a racist.
    Is this true, or did you hear it on CNN?

CNN owns the copyright on your perspective of the political landscape. CNN engineered this perspective, and you did not. If you ever get tired of perpetuating somebody else's perspective of the political landscape, you can form your own. You'll just have to venture outside of the MSM box.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

9. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

No, he was referring to everyone that disagrees with him. I find it fascinating that you are so concerned with civil war history, but want to whitewash everything else. Mount Rushmore was erected on land that is sacred to Native Americans. It was designed by an overt racist, and it celebrates at least two slave owners. That doesn't make it racist, but it is a history that you want to ignore. Because you are a member of the Trump Cult, and you support a man who is a white supremacist. Own it instead of pussyfooting around like a coward.
    I’m as big a fan of history as anyone else.

I just don’t get selectively outraged over different aspects of it. And I sure as hell don’t apply modern ethical and moral standards to historical figures. That has to be the most wrong-headed idea to come down the pike in the last half century.

Unless you want to basically cancel history altogether.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anonymoose (07-04-2020), dukkha (07-04-2020), Earl (07-04-2020)

11. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How many times have you heard Trump say 'the radical Democrat Party'? I've lost count. Democrats just need to use the fact that a white supremacist is the opposing candidate. It couldn't be easier.
    I don't get it either. He's been raking Dems over the coals from the beginning, but we're supposed to overlook his hate speech and vote for him anyway. Go figure.

― Charles Dickens

12. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    ha ha ha ha.
    Such crap. Trump did more for blacks then most -aside from he economy.
    He secured funding for black colleges / First Step Act was impetus by the WH
    You forgot the crime bill lol.

Facts are stubborn things.

Wait “facts are stubborn things” [John Adams]
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (07-04-2020), Earl (07-04-2020)

14. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

How many times have you heard Trump say 'the radical Democrat Party'?
    lol, never. I don't watch tv and hear little radio anymore since retirement. But I don't doubt he says that.
    Not sure that makes him a white supremacist. He's just painting dems as far left. Not much different than hrc (and many on this board) painting all Trump supporters as deplorable. They're not. Some are of course. Most I've known are well educated professionals. But that's the crowd I happen to hang with. Same with "progressives" I know. Well educated professionals.

15. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    You voted for Trump because his message of racism and bigotry resonates with you.
    Cancel me, I don’t care lol.

16. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,244 Times in 6,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    self imposed willful ignorance - "this is fine"
    "This is fine" was Trump's speech last night. One line on a pandemic, glossing over the economy.

You would think this was any other year.

Trump can't handle crisis. He's down to this last desperate attempt to keep his followers in line by wrapping himself up in the flag.

17. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,685 Times in 17,936 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I don't get it either. He's been raking Dems over the coals from the beginning, but we're supposed to overlook his hate speech and vote for him anyway. Go figure.
    Well, Miss Marple, the radical Democrats own radicalism and violence in America.

Just look at the cities that are controlled by these radical Democrats.

Oh, the rioters and looters won’t be released from jail the next day, by the Federal Prosecutors, as the Democrat mayors are doing, as we speak.

18. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Well, Miss Marple, the radical Democrats own radicalism and violence in America.

Just look at the cities that are controlled by these radical Democrats.

Oh, the rioters and looters won’t be released from jail the next day, by the Federal Prosecutors, as the Democrat mayors are doing, as we speak.
    None of this was happening at the time trump was campaigning so trump used other exaggerations and falsehoods to slam Democrats, Mr. Earl.

― Charles Dickens

19. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    lol, never. I don't watch tv and hear little radio anymore since retirement. But I don't doubt he says that.
    Not sure that makes him a white supremacist. He's just painting dems as far left. Not much different than hrc (and many on this board) painting all Trump supporters as deplorable. They're not. Some are of course. Most I've known are well educated professionals. But that's the crowd I happen to hang with. Same with "progressives" I know. Well educated professionals.
    He's been a white supremacist all his life. From his apartments, to his insistence that we hang the Central Park Five, to his race baiting Mexican comments, well, you get the idea. He is supported by White Supremacists because he IS one. When he retweets one of his supporters saying 'White Power' he doesn't do so because he didn't know. He does so because his base loves it, and then the White House does the passive aggressive 'who me? I didn't know' BS. When Trump says something racist, it isn't news any more. He's a racist. That's what they do.

I don't disagree with the fact that there are the limo liberals. They definitely don't support the Biden wing of the party, they are Warren types, partly because it's cool. Biden has widespread black and working class support. And he's not Trump.

20. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,263 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    There could be no better place to celebrate America’s independence than beneath this magnificent, incredible majestic mountain and monument to the greatest Americans who have ever lived. Today we pay tribute to the exceptional lives and extraordinary legacies of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt. I am here as your president to proclaim before the country and before the world, this monument will never be desecrated, these heroes will never be defamed, their legacy will never ever be destroyed, their achievements will never be forgotten, and Mount Rushmore will stand forever as an eternal tribute to our forefathers and to our freedom.

We gather tonight to herald the most important day in the history of nations, July 4th, 1776. At those words, every American heart should swell with pride, every American family should cheer with delight, and every American patriot should be filled with joy because each of you lives in the most magnificent country in the history of the world and it will soon be greater than ever before.

Our founders launched not only a revolution in government, but a revolution in the pursuit of justice, equality, liberty, and prosperity. No nation has done more to advance the human condition than the United States of America and no people have done more to promote human progress than the citizens of our great nation. It was all made possible by the courage of 56 patriots who gathered in Philadelphia 244 years ago and signed the Declaration of Independence. They enshrined a divine truth that changed the world forever when they said, “All men are created equal.” These immortal words set in motion the unstoppable march of freedom. Our founders boldly declared that we are all endowed with the same divine rights, given us by our Creator in Heaven, and that which God has given us, we will allow no one ever to take away ever.

1776 represented the culmination of thousands of years of Western civilization and the triumph of not only spirit, but of wisdom, philosophy, and reason. And yet, as we meet here tonight, there is a growing danger that threatens every blessing our ancestors fought so hard for, struggled, they bled to secure. Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children. Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they’re doing this, but some know what they are doing. They think the American people are weak and soft and submissive, but no, the American people are strong and proud and they will not allow our country and all of its values, history, and culture to be taken from them.

One of their political weapons is cancel culture, driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and to our values and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America.

This attack on our liberty, our magnificent liberty must be stopped and it will be stopped very quickly. We will expose this dangerous movement, protect our nation’s children from this radical assault, and preserve our beloved American way of life. In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished. It’s not going to happen to us.
    This is why most people will not be voting for Donald Trump on November 3rd!