Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why I voted for Trump

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Newest righty meme"cancel culture". That is exactly what Trump offered yesterday for those who want to tear down confederate monuments and for BLM. Trump wants to cancel them promising 10 years in jail, or more" and heavy-handed police action. Logic seeps out of Trump's ears when he speaks.

2. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

You didn't write that.

If you are quoting someone else you need to present it as a quote and provide a link.
    OMG/ it's a speechwriter -no "links"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

5. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

The days of a senile 83, near 84 year old personal bartender to Frank Sinatra are nearly over.

America will survive the anarchy, looting, burning, assaults and murders and occupation of cities that Democrat control.

Federal laws have been broken and the Federal Prosecutors will not release these anarchists the next day as these Democrat mayors do.

Law and order will prevail in America and at the ballot box in November.

6. The Following 2 Users Groan At Earl For This Awful Post:

AProudLefty (07-04-2020), christiefan915 (07-04-2020)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Matt Dillon (07-04-2020)

8. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

I'll give Trump this - he knows how to play his followers.

America can be crumbling into dust, but if he wraps himself in a flag & gives a good "us v. them" narrative, they're wrapped around his finger, mindlessly.

9. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Newest righty meme"cancel culture". That is exactly what Trump offered yesterday for those who want to tear down confederate monuments and for BLM. Trump wants to cancel them promising 10 years in jail, or more" and heavy-handed police action. Logic seeps out of Trump's ears when he speaks.
    it way past "confederate monumnets"wise up

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (07-04-2020), Matt Dillon (07-04-2020)

11. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I'll give Trump this - he knows how to play his followers.

America can be crumbling into dust, but if he wraps himself in a flag & gives a good "us v. them" narrative, they're wrapped around his finger, mindlessly.
    nothing mindless about it. it's clear eyed recognition -something you totally suck at

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (07-04-2020), Matt Dillon (07-04-2020)

13. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I agree, but I'm giving him a pass because it was Trumps speech, written no doubt by Stephen Miller, the most disgusting little punk to ever have the ear of a President.
    It is disingenuous to represent somebody else's words as one's own. It is not honest posting. Anybody quotes him and it says he wrote it. That's a lie.

We can't have a civil discussion if people can't stand behind what they wrote. Especially if it is because somebody else wrote it.

I don't like to make exceptions to rules. Rules are rules for a reason. If rules are wrong they need to be rewritten. If rules are right they need to be respected. If we do not respect rules then rules become meaningless.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

15. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    "One of their political weapons is cancel culture, driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, ",

You just reinforced that statement proving him to be correct.
    Yup.

Disagree with me and I’ll call you ugly names; dox you and get you fired; Me2 you etc.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (07-04-2020), Evmetro (07-04-2020)

17. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    OMG/ it's a speechwriter -no "links"
    As if it is too much to ask to give credit where credit is due.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

19. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,175 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Donald Trump read this speech from a teleprompter, and he doesn't give one squirt of runny shit about any president before him.

AND NEITHER DO YOU DARTH GOMER!

This was nothing but a photo op for a failed president that is losing in the polls. The only thing missing were the jack boots and swastikas and monuments in the background of TRUMP's real heroes!

20. The Following User Groans At Geeko Sportivo For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-04-2020)

22. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,093 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    There could be no better place to celebrate America’s independence than beneath this magnificent, incredible majestic mountain and monument to the greatest Americans who have ever lived. Today we pay tribute to the exceptional lives and extraordinary legacies of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt. I am here as your president to proclaim before the country and before the world, this monument will never be desecrated, these heroes will never be defamed, their legacy will never ever be destroyed, their achievements will never be forgotten, and Mount Rushmore will stand forever as an eternal tribute to our forefathers and to our freedom.

We gather tonight to herald the most important day in the history of nations, July 4th, 1776. At those words, every American heart should swell with pride, every American family should cheer with delight, and every American patriot should be filled with joy because each of you lives in the most magnificent country in the history of the world and it will soon be greater than ever before.

Our founders launched not only a revolution in government, but a revolution in the pursuit of justice, equality, liberty, and prosperity. No nation has done more to advance the human condition than the United States of America and no people have done more to promote human progress than the citizens of our great nation. It was all made possible by the courage of 56 patriots who gathered in Philadelphia 244 years ago and signed the Declaration of Independence. They enshrined a divine truth that changed the world forever when they said, “All men are created equal.” These immortal words set in motion the unstoppable march of freedom. Our founders boldly declared that we are all endowed with the same divine rights, given us by our Creator in Heaven, and that which God has given us, we will allow no one ever to take away ever.

1776 represented the culmination of thousands of years of Western civilization and the triumph of not only spirit, but of wisdom, philosophy, and reason. And yet, as we meet here tonight, there is a growing danger that threatens every blessing our ancestors fought so hard for, struggled, they bled to secure. Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children. Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they’re doing this, but some know what they are doing. They think the American people are weak and soft and submissive, but no, the American people are strong and proud and they will not allow our country and all of its values, history, and culture to be taken from them.

One of their political weapons is cancel culture, driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and to our values and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America.

This attack on our liberty, our magnificent liberty must be stopped and it will be stopped very quickly. We will expose this dangerous movement, protect our nation’s children from this radical assault, and preserve our beloved American way of life. In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished. It’s not going to happen to us.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

23. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Yes, he did define it. It is also a figment of his imagination, shared by his cult. It's dumb and it's divisive.
    Disagree. Here's an anecdotal example: We have a couple we've been tepid friends with the past 18 years. They are very liberal politically.
    After the '16 election the wife accused me of being a traitor for voting for Gary Johnson and not for hrc.
    That was almost four years ago and they've gotten worse.
    Your buddy McSlobber considered me a racist after I pointed out the benefits of a healthy diet. His logic was that most blacks eat a poor diet consisting of chitlins and fried chicken, therefore advocating a healthy diet is racist.
    I can give many more examples but hopefully you get it.

24. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

You didn't write that.

If you are quoting someone else you need to present it as a quote and provide a link.
    Well, I thought it was self-evident that it was from Trump’s speech lol.

You don’t think I could write something like that?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (07-04-2020)

26. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    nothing mindless about it. it's clear eyed recognition -something you totally suck at
    Go suck at your bong some more, stoner Trumptard.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

27. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Disagree. Here's an anecdotal example: We have a couple we've been tepid friends with the past 18 years. They are very liberal politically.
    After the '16 election the wife accused me of being a traitor for voting for Gary Johnson and not for hrc.
    That was almost four years ago and they've gotten worse.
    Your buddy McSlobber considered me a racist after I pointed out the benefits of a healthy diet. His logic was that most blacks eat a poor diet consisting of chitlins and fried chicken, therefore advocating a healthy diet is racist.
    I can give many more examples but hopefully you get it.
    I do get it, but the brush is WAY too broad. Trump places the label on anyone who disagrees with him. I'm sure it would be placed on me, and his followers here do the same, but I am NOTHING like what he described in the speech. As for being a traitor...... I was accused of the same thing when I voted for an Independent instead of the Democratic candidate for Governor in Minnesota. I actually penned an editorial explaining why I voted as I did, and why no one should have to apologize or justify their vote. It was published, and the guy I voted for called me to thank me. There you go.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-04-2020), Cypress (07-04-2020)