1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Jeez poly. If I write, "Four score and seven years ago" do I need to provide a link?
    The thing about rules is as soon as you start waving them they become meaningless. And it's no big deal. It's not like it's so difficult to simply have the habit of providing a link, giving credit.

Rules are the difference between order and chaos.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I saw that. Thanks. Even then, you do not have to be just low income. You just do not have to want to work. And the more kids you have, the more you get. In fairness here, not everyone on welfare likes it. They only use it because they are in great need. They get off it and move ahead. No one minds that. That is what it is there for. I can tell you with certainty though, there are people in this state that live on welfare generationaly. They know how to game and use the system. Welfare was not made for that. And that is just Welfare. There are many other public programs like it.
    Yeah. I don't see the time limit anywhere. But I mean the income could be from odd jobs, usually under the table. Welfare is there for safety net to get people back on their feet. It's hard enough finding a decent job.

But yeah I hate freeloaders.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Sailor (07-04-2020)

4. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    And you voted for Hillary because you are a moron.

I never voted for her you piece of ass snot, dear god you are such a liar

5. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,010 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Obviously one of you is working and the other is still taking handouts. Walter.
    That the thing about the work I am doing. Six months ago, I was working on doing better things. These days, my work is all about putting off collapse. It is just depressing.

6. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    I never voted for her you piece of ass snot, dear god you are such a liar
    Yes you did. Why do you lie?

7. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not in Massachusetts. Where are you referring too?
    Nationwide, you can only get cash Welfare payments for two years without work. Clinton introduced it with Welfare reform back in 1996.

Also you can only get 5 years of Welfare payments in your entire life.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-04-2020), Phantasmal (07-05-2020)

9. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Nationwide, you can only get cash Welfare payments for two years without work. Clinton introduced it with Welfare reform back in 1996.

Also you can only get 5 years of Welfare payments in your entire life.
    Unless you know how to game the system. In Mass, there are families that have been on it and all the other public assistance programs for generations. Obama gutted Clintons welfare reform in 2012.

10. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    "In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of Massachusetts, either pregnant or responsible for a child under 19 years of age, a U.S. national, citizen, legal alien, or permanent resident, have low or very low income, and be either under-employed (working for very low wages), unemployed or about to become unemployed."
    "The TANF grant has a maximum benefit of two consecutive years and a five-year lifetime limit and requires that all recipients of welfare aid must find work within two years of receiving aid"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-04-2020)

12. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,586 Times in 51,899 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    “There could be no better place to celebrate America’s independence than beneath this magnificent, incredible majestic mountain and monument to the greatest Americans who have ever lived. Today we pay tribute to the exceptional lives and extraordinary legacies of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt. I am here as your president to proclaim before the country and before the world, this monument will never be desecrated, these heroes will never be defamed, their legacy will never ever be destroyed, their achievements will never be forgotten, and Mount Rushmore will stand forever as an eternal tribute to our forefathers and to our freedom.

We gather tonight to herald the most important day in the history of nations, July 4th, 1776. At those words, every American heart should swell with pride, every American family should cheer with delight, and every American patriot should be filled with joy because each of you lives in the most magnificent country in the history of the world and it will soon be greater than ever before.

Our founders launched not only a revolution in government, but a revolution in the pursuit of justice, equality, liberty, and prosperity. No nation has done more to advance the human condition than the United States of America and no people have done more to promote human progress than the citizens of our great nation. It was all made possible by the courage of 56 patriots who gathered in Philadelphia 244 years ago and signed the Declaration of Independence. They enshrined a divine truth that changed the world forever when they said, “All men are created equal.” These immortal words set in motion the unstoppable march of freedom. Our founders boldly declared that we are all endowed with the same divine rights, given us by our Creator in Heaven, and that which God has given us, we will allow no one ever to take away ever.

1776 represented the culmination of thousands of years of Western civilization and the triumph of not only spirit, but of wisdom, philosophy, and reason. And yet, as we meet here tonight, there is a growing danger that threatens every blessing our ancestors fought so hard for, struggled, they bled to secure. Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children. Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they’re doing this, but some know what they are doing. They think the American people are weak and soft and submissive, but no, the American people are strong and proud and they will not allow our country and all of its values, history, and culture to be taken from them.

One of their political weapons is cancel culture, driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and to our values and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America.

This attack on our liberty, our magnificent liberty must be stopped and it will be stopped very quickly. We will expose this dangerous movement, protect our nation’s children from this radical assault, and preserve our beloved American way of life. In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished. It’s not going to happen to us.” [Donald J. Trump, the greatest President in all the known universe]
    It was a good speech until Trump started acting like a divisive Reality TV show host instead of President of the United States. Sad.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Exactly. You do not need to have a wage. Just meet the other standards.
    Within two years, you have to be working 30 hours a week. Many jobs have people working 60 hours one week, and then 20 hours the next. You would lose your benefits with such a job, because you failed to work 30 hours that week.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-05-2020)

15. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It was a good speech until Trump started acting like a divisive Reality TV show host instead of President of the United States. Sad.

That right there says it all. That is what is taking down his Presidency. On his own. If only he would stop that shit.

16. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Within two years, you have to be working 30 hours a week. Many jobs have people working 60 hours one week, and then 20 hours the next. You would lose your benefits with such a job, because you failed to work 30 hours that week.
    Not anymore. Obama took care of that.

17. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Unless you know how to game the system. In Mass, there are families that have been on it and all the other public assistance programs for generations. Obama gutted Clintons welfare reform in 2012.
    If you know how to game the system, you are going to be doing well enough you will not be interested in Welfare. Do you think high frequency stock traders are applying for Welfare? It is people who can barely navigate the system who are applying for Welfare.

What happens is they go back and forth between working and not working, which is called cycling. They are not gaming the system, but are being played by the system.

18. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"The TANF grant has a maximum benefit of two consecutive years and a five-year lifetime limit and requires that all recipients of welfare aid must find work within two years of receiving aid"
    There are many, many exceptions to that. One can collect TANF much longer than 60 months. People on it know the rules better than the government.

19. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,586 Times in 51,899 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

That right there says it all. That is what is taking down his Presidency. On his own. If only he would stop that shit.
    Agreed. Trump can pass the blame all he wants, but he's his own worst enemy. I think he's too out of touch by choice, not just ignorance.

That's why I found Vice President Pence's initial COVID team briefings refreshing: he was both very Presidential and displayed excellent leadership qualities. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat if it was Pence vs. Biden....or any other Democrat.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (07-04-2020)