Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Worst President in our History

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Donald Trump's Accomplishments

With the election drawing closer it is important we consider where we are as a nation under Trump and what he has actually completed.

'Lest We Forget The Horrors: A Catalog Of Trump’S Worst Cruelties, Collusions, Corruptions, And Crimes'

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...rocities-1-889
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-15-2020), Phantasmal (09-15-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-17-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,748 Times in 33,619 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Donald Trump's Accomplishments

With the election drawing closer it is important we consider where we are as a nation under Trump and what he has actually completed.

'Lest We Forget The Horrors: A Catalog Of Trump’S Worst Cruelties, Collusions, Corruptions, And Crimes'

Glad to see you. Great article, this is going to take awhile to read.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

midcan5 (09-15-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-17-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

'#Unfit: The Psychology of Donald Trump’ Review: A Documentary Dissects the President’s Malignant Narcissism'

https://variety.com/2020/film/review...ew-1234744187/

"The film details the four qualities in Trump that define that syndrome: his paranoia (the feeling that any journalist who asks him a challenging question, or any staff member who doesn’t kiss his ring, is out to get him); his anti-social personality disorder (the constant lying, the lack of remorse about even the most destructive things he does); the sadism (the thousands of vicious attacks and insults in his tweets)...."
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Never mind - he has produced some of the most incredible lying ever seen in history; it is pouring out of the trumpers now, and is a sobering indication of how low humanity can sink in what is still supposed to be a democracy as yet (though of course some of the Constitutionalists will assure us your Country was never supposed to be any such thing.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

midcan5 (09-18-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-17-2020)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am an American. For the most part, I've always been very proud of that fact and of our country. That is why I want a national leader who represents me and that pride. President Obama restored that feeling when he took off. Once again, America was admired throughout most of the world, and feared where we needed to be feared.

Now? We've fallen even below the dismal W years when we were despised for our unwarranted invasion of Iraq. We are a laughingstock. Even worse, we are pitied for our horrendous virus death toll and for the corrupt and impotent leadership at the top.

Biden was not my first choice. But I will vote for him if for no other reason than restoring pride in our nation both in our own hearts and in the eyes of the world.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-24-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (09-17-2020), midcan5 (09-18-2020)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump inherited a growing economy from Pres Obama and yet he hated Obama so much he denied his citizenship. Donnie's economy has given to the rich while the working class are in the same place if not worse. The democrats need to say that and say that again. Will hate work again as Trump used it in the 2016 election? Does he mention his useless wall for instance? Caging children should have cost him something? 'It's the economy stupid!' Covid and the economy for the working classes should sink Trump. Spread the word.

'An Experiment in Wisconsin Changed Voters’ Minds About Trump'

"Changing voters’ minds is famously difficult, but a recent progressive effort found real success."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-trump/616367/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-25-2020)

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Interesting that Trump considers his followers so beneath him that he was glad he didn't have to shake hands with his voters.

'Ex-Task Force Member Olivia Troye Speaks Out On Trump Administration’s Pandemic Response'

Mike Pence is a disgrace as well.

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Worst president and even worse American and businessman. Sad.

'Tax bombshell reveals Trump's image is a sham'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/polit...ate/index.html

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump tax returns help explain his bizarre relationships with foreign nations and their leaders. He didn't expect he'd win the presidency so their help didn't matter, now as president you see that he is a danger to our nation as his actions are determined by his debts and not about America.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...keaways-422789

This book lays out the issues.

"Weissmann offers a damning indictment of a “lawless” president and his knowing accomplices—Attorney General William Barr (portrayed as a cynical liar), congressional Republicans, criminal flunkies, Fox News. Donald Trump, he writes, is “like an animal, clawing at the world with no concept of right and wrong.” But in telling the story of the investigation and its fallout, Weissmann reserves his most painful words for the Special Counsel’s Office itself. Where Law Ends portrays a group of talented, dedicated professionals beset with internal divisions and led by a man whose code of integrity allowed their target to defy them and escape accountability."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...w-ends/616395/

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If it sounds like hate it is hate. Trump's appeal is hate and let's hope religious and other American institutions call him out and vote him out. He is an embarrassment. Insecure men like Trump and the proud boys are threats to decency. Labels come to stand for substance. Weak men cling to symbols not substance.

"The Proud Boys is a far-right neo-fascist male-only organization that promotes and engages in political violence. It is based in the United States and has a presence in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom."

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...oup/proud-boys

Michael Cohen tells it like it is:

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Most likely the dumbest and most un-American president in our history tested positive for Covid-19. Did I read that right. Is this some sort of joke or what. Can you imagine Pence as president? Maybe he could have his wife nearby helping him, she may have more sense and humanity than the Trump/Pence spectacle. You think?

"The question is not how to get good people to rule; the question is: how to stop the powerful from doing as much damage as they can to us." Karl Popper

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This article will be posted in two threads as it demonstrates how our president and his administration have failed Americans. 'Over 200,000 Americans are now confirmed dead from Covid-19'

'Dying in a Leadership Vacuum'

"Covid-19 has created a crisis throughout the world. This crisis has produced a test of leadership. With no good options to combat a novel pathogen, countries were forced to make hard choices about how to respond. Here in the United States, our leaders have failed that test. They have taken a crisis and turned it into a tragedy.

The magnitude of this failure is astonishing. According to the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering,1 the United States leads the world in Covid-19 cases and in deaths due to the disease, far exceeding the numbers in much larger countries, such as China. The death rate in this country is more than double that of Canada, exceeds that of Japan, a country with a vulnerable and elderly population, by a factor of almost 50, and even dwarfs the rates in lower-middle-income countries, such as Vietnam, by a factor of almost 2000. Covid-19 is an overwhelming challenge, and many factors contribute to its severity. But the one we can control is how we behave. And in the United States we have consistently behaved poorly."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2029812

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Donald John Trump in his most articulate, self congratulatory words. Enjoy.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mzJYjZD?s=wa

19. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-07-2020)

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is good to see over a thousand views, let's make it two thousand.

"Just in case you were about to feel an unfamiliar spasm of sympathy for Donald Trump following his contraction of coronavirus, this week has provided a helpful reminder not only of his morally repugnant character but also of the danger he poses to the United States and the wider world."

'Covid-19 has unmasked the true nature of Donald Trump and Trumpism'

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...trump-trumpism

21. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-07-2020)

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you kidding me!

"Donald Trump paid nearly $200,000 in taxes to China"

'New York Times says records reveal company bank account in China, and documents show he paid more tax there than at home.'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...0-taxes-report

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-07-2020), PoliTalker (10-28-2020)