Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As coronavirus cases soar, Texas issues statewide order requiring face coverings

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    But, that would only be other non-mask wearers. You want them dead anyway, right?
    No, it would be EVERYBODY. The virus can get in through your eyes. It can get on your hands and be transferred to your face after you take off the mask. And no, I am not cheering for anyone to die. Face shields are a thing because they protect the eyes. Masks do not protect the wearer, they protect others.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    No, it would be EVERYBODY. The virus can get in through your eyes. It can get on your hands and be transferred to your face after you take off the mask. And no, I am not cheering for anyone to die. Face shields are a thing because they protect the eyes. Masks do not protect the wearer, they protect others.
    Yeah I know. I made my own DIY shield, too.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Thursday requiring residents across the state to wear a face-covering in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive Covid-19 cases.

“Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19,” Abbott said in a press release.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/02/texa...coverings.html

What say you trump crackas
    I approve of that measure.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Shutting the barn door after all the horses have gotten out.
    Not quite all. It certainly should have been done earlier, never should have opened, but still it is a good thing to do. Is Florida's gov listening? Virtually all large cities in Florida have mandatory mask requirements in place. Does the governor seriously think there is no risk for smaller towns? People do travel back and forth...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Not quite all. It certainly should have been done earlier, never should have opened, but still it is a good thing to do. Is Florida's gov listening? Virtually all large cities in Florida have mandatory mask requirements in place. Does the governor seriously think there is no risk for smaller towns? People do travel back and forth...
    Action, even late action, is better than nothing. But what ends up happening is that people die weeks after a mistake. So Texas, Florida, and Georgia have already killed people for weeks, before their new actions begin solving things.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-03-2020)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Action, even late action, is better than nothing. But what ends up happening is that people die weeks after a mistake. So Texas, Florida, and Georgia have already killed people for weeks, before their new actions begin solving things.
    That darn two week delay between action and reaction.

This thing is a killer.

We mess around at the cost of lives.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Walt,

That darn two week delay between action and reaction.

This thing is a killer.

We mess around at the cost of lives.
    It would be so much easier without that delay. You could make a severe mistake, see you are going wrong, and make the right decision. Instead, you are stuck with your mistakes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-03-2020)

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

It would be so much easier without that delay. You could make a severe mistake, see you are going wrong, and make the right decision. Instead, you are stuck with your mistakes.
    It's extraordinary how many leaders wait until the numbers are soaring before taking definitive action. When they do that, they are wishing they had done it two weeks prior. It is tragic that they don't. That gets people killed.