1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,495 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    98% had mild symptoms......
    Does "mild" include no symptoms? Apparently there's tons of folks out and about infecting each other that have no symptoms.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    98% do not need to be in an ICU. That is not the cutoff for "mild symptoms". Some of those "mild symptoms" are so severe that the person needs hospitalization, just not in an ICU.
    Most "milds" are admitted for tests & observation and then sent home. Doctors want them out of there whenever possible.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Does "mild" include no symptoms? Apparently there's tons of folks out and about infecting each other that have no symptoms.
    This is absolutely true, which is why it's so important to wear a mask. I was happy to see that by the end of week one of mandatory mask wearing in Jax compliance is almost 100%. Unfortunately the order came too late to tamp down this spike, 714 new cases in the city today. Symptoms do seem to have a wide range, some people are seek for weeks, even months, some apparently don't even know they have it. Still, I'm pretty sure that the virus doesn't care if it came from an asymptomatic person or not. It isn't any less virulent. I know one thing, I don't want to get the damn thing, it sounds horribly unpleasant. If it gets you, it ain't no cold.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Most "milds" are admitted for tests & observation and then sent home. Doctors want them out of there whenever possible.
    I doubt that people with mild symptoms are showing up at the ER. Maybe a handful, but most people don't won't to risk infecting others, so they self quarantine. Anyone admitted to a hospital with Covid does not have mild symptoms. And I'd say 104 fever, fatigue, trouble breathing are not 'mild' either but most of those end up staying at home. Somewhere in the high 90% recover, but that doesn't mean their symptoms were mild.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Many people in their 40s and 50s survived Covid-19, but had their bodies brutalized by it.
    There are some who will have life long problems, like the 20 year old with the lung transplant.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cain definitely has Covid-19 after attending the Tulsa rally. That is absolutely proven. Your only question is whether he got it at that rally, or at something else the Republicans are doing these days.
    Cain may have c19 but there is no proof of how or when he came to have it.
    You dont get to make things up scooter
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Cain may have c19
    He has tested positive, and is in the hospital. It is well beyond "may", he has it and it is serious enough he needs hospitalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    but there is no proof of how or when he came to have it.
    By the way the disease progresses, we can be sure he got it one to three weeks ago. He went to the Tulsa Rally two weeks ago, where many people were sick with Covid-19, but maybe it was one of the other Republican things he was doing.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He has tested positive, and is in the hospital. It is well beyond "may", he has it and it is serious enough he needs hospitalization.

By the way the disease progresses, we can be sure he got it one to three weeks ago. He went to the Tulsa Rally two weeks ago, where many people were sick with Covid-19, but maybe it was one of the other Republican things he was doing.
    Correct, and he was bragging about not wearing a mask. So if he got there, he was stupid. If he HAD it already, it makes it way worse.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2020), Phantasmal (07-03-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020), Walt (07-03-2020)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    This is absolutely true, which is why it's so important to wear a mask. I was happy to see that by the end of week one of mandatory mask wearing in Jax compliance is almost 100%. Unfortunately the order came too late to tamp down this spike, 714 new cases in the city today. Symptoms do seem to have a wide range, some people are seek for weeks, even months, some apparently don't even know they have it. Still, I'm pretty sure that the virus doesn't care if it came from an asymptomatic person or not. It isn't any less virulent. I know one thing, I don't want to get the damn thing, it sounds horribly unpleasant. If it gets you, it ain't no cold.
    You are 100% correct. Many of the people who have recovered have lingering lung, heart, kidney, liver, brain, and nervous system damage, as well as damage to the vascular system. It's far too early to know whether this damage -- which has happened even in so-called "mild" cases -- will be permanent or transient. It's entirely possible that in a decade or so we will have a large number of younger people with cardiovascular disease from the vessel damage incurred during the pandemic.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2020), Phantasmal (07-03-2020)

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You are 100% correct. Many of the people who have recovered have lingering lung, heart, kidney, liver, brain, and nervous system damage, as well as damage to the vascular system. It's far too early to know whether this damage -- which has happened even in so-called "mild" cases -- will be permanent or transient. It's entirely possible that in a decade or so we will have a large number of younger people with cardiovascular disease from the vessel damage incurred during the pandemic.
    You wonder whether the long term damage from this disease might impact a generation. It's possible. The body never fully recovers from smoking, even decades after you quit. This thing is scary, I'm really surprised at the nonchalant attitude some people have about getting it and then recovering. This is the worst pandemic of anyone's lifetime, and yet you'd think we were taking about a seasonal flu outbreak.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

You wonder whether the long term damage from this disease might impact a generation. It's possible. The body never fully recovers from smoking, even decades after you quit. This thing is scary, I'm really surprised at the nonchalant attitude some people have about getting it and then recovering. This is the worst pandemic of anyone's lifetime, and yet you'd think we were taking about a seasonal flu outbreak.
    The RW media bears most of the responsibility for that. Admittedly young people are always cavalier about illness and death; almost all of us feel as though we are immortal until we mature and realize that we are not, so they also bear some responsibility. But every single media source -- and there are thousands of them -- that have downplayed the seriousness of this virus is to blame.

The same goes for those who latch on to the misinformation and spread it via social media and sites like this. At least forums like this offer the possibility of rebuttal with actual facts, unlike most of the sites that are spreading lies. I noticed that there is one poster here who likes to start threads on how great #COVID45 is, and how this virus ain't nothing -- and thread-bans anyone with an actual medical background who could tell her she's full of shit and to stop spreading it further.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (07-03-2020), Guno צְבִי (07-03-2020)

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Where many people were sick.....

Your fantasy is growing by leaps and bounds
    Quit while youre behind
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Correct, and he was bragging about not wearing a mask. So if he got there, he was stupid. If he HAD it already, it makes it way worse.
    So many people on here say they do not have Covid-19, so do not need to wear a mask to protect others. Cain also claimed not to have it, so not to need a mask. He was wrong.

I wonder how many other people he gave it to.

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

98% do not need to be in an ICU. That is not the cutoff for "mild symptoms". Some of those "mild symptoms" are so severe that the person needs hospitalization, just not in an ICU.
    true......50% of people aren't even aware that they have it...........89% don't have to be hospitalized..........98% don't have to be in intensive care........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wonder how many people Cain gave it to before he started "resting comfortably".
    I wonder how many people think you're an idiot....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”