Thread: “I think that, at some point, that’s going to sort of just disappear"

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,815 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    I hope she lives near you and comes over and gives you a bitch slap!
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,234 Times in 7,126 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

"I think, at some point, DONALD TRUMP is just going to disappear"! [Geeko Sportivo]

And, as always, you may quote me on that if you like!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-03-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,327 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    The people I meet in my life, those that don’t believe in Heaven seem to make the most of their Earthly existence. Those that believe in heaven, some enjoy their life here and make the most of it, the Others are so miserable and judge mental, they find no happiness on Earth and look to Heaven as an end to their miserable lives.
    Stretch, like all of us, has free will. She's free to end her miserable existence and go see Jesus any time she wants. It sounds like she's eager.

You have to wonder at the mental illness in someone who judges and then blames others for having "poor immune systems." Guess her god created some super humans (Ubermenschen) like herself, and the rest of us are physically flawed, defective creations.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2020), Phantasmal (07-03-2020)

7. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I bet you think it's winter in Florida too, eh? Texas? Arizona?

Your feeble apologies for #COVID45 are becoming more and more unhinged. Seek help. Oh, and take down your stupidity about abortion too. If you can't support the already-living, you don't get to call yourself pro-life any longer.
    Rio De Janeiro are being "clobbered" by winter weather, with the highs in the 80's and lows in the 60's. Meanwhile Houston, and Miami are seeing highs in the 90's and lows in the 70s. Obviously this extremely cold weather is causing the disease(sarcasm).

Meanwhile New Zealand is in the 50's and 40's and they are disease free.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020)

9. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Rio De Janeiro are being "clobbered" by winter weather, with the highs in the 80's and lows in the 60's. Meanwhile Houston, and Miami are seeing highs in the 90's and lows in the 70s. Obviously this extremely cold weather is causing the disease(sarcasm).

Meanwhile New Zealand is in the 50's and 40's and they are disease free.
    Oops, another cherished Covidiot myth -- busted.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2020)

11. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm looking forward to the day Trump is not in the public consciousness, like Andrew McCarthy or Kelly McGillis.

A bad dream. Whew, thank God that wasn't real.

12. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Stretch, like all of us, has free will. She's free to end her miserable existence and go see Jesus any time she wants. It sounds like she's eager.

You have to wonder at the mental illness in someone who judges and then blames others for having "poor immune systems." Guess her god created some super humans (Ubermenschen) like herself, and the rest of us are physically flawed, defective creations.
    Their essential problem is notorious RBG is an Ubermensch! We will have 16 years of court stacking, thanks to the flabby immoral Orangutan.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020)

14. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    The people I meet in my life, those that don’t believe in Heaven seem to make the most of their Earthly existence. Those that believe in heaven, some enjoy their life here and make the most of it, the Others are so miserable and judge mental, they find no happiness on Earth and look to Heaven as an end to their miserable lives.
    Well, you got that part right about Stretch.

15. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

TL;DR

But nice triggering there. I'm sure your life is almost over because you were slightly inconvenienced by a pandemic that has taken over half a million human souls so far. Good thing they didn't have your whine-ass kind back home in World War II.
    It's been like that more thousands of years. This is not a perfect world. it is a fallen world. I'm not the one whining. I accept what comes my way. Do what I can
    earthly do about things and go one living. I'm not whining or complaining about anything. Pandemics have been around forever.
    All we can do is what we can do and then keep living.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

16. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,229 Times in 6,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    It's been like that more thousands of years. This is not a perfect world. it is a fallen world. I'm not the one whining. I accept what comes my way. Do what I can
    earthly do about things and go one living. I'm not whining or complaining about anything. Pandemics have been around forever.
    I'm 100% living my life. Wearing a mask & distancing don't effect what I'm doing or my enjoyment of life whatsoever.

But those very basic precautions may save a life or 2 - so I'll continue to do those things until we find a vaccine or something along those lines.

It isn't binary.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2020), Stretch (07-03-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020)

18. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I'm 100% living my life. Wearing a mask & distancing don't effect what I'm doing or my enjoyment of life whatsoever.

But those very basic precautions may save a life or 2 - so I'll continue to do those things until we find a vaccine or something along those lines.

It isn't binary.
    Look, I get it. I made 3 DIY masks for myself to use inside stores and businesses. I get it already.
    But, I won't pick fights 24/7 with others to absolutely refuse to wear them at all for whatever reason. It's their right.
    Plus, we SHOULD be skeptical of whatever comes out of the mouths of the WHO and CDC. They have been
    sometimes vague, spoken out of both sides of their mouths, changed and rearranged the "rules" from the
    beginning and continue to do so. I don't trust them at all. The WHO is owned by China and have none of my respect
    or confidence.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-03-2020), Sailor (07-03-2020)

20. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,229 Times in 6,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Look, I get it. I made 3 DIY masks for myself to use inside stores and businesses. I get it already.
    But, I won't pick fights 24/7 with others to absolutely refuse to wear them at all for whatever reason. It's their right.
    Plus, we SHOULD be skeptical of whatever comes out of the mouths of the WHO and CDC. They have been
    sometimes vague, spoken out of both sides of their mouths, changed and rearranged the "rules" from the
    beginning and continue to do so. I don't trust them at all. The WHO is owned by China and have none of my respect
    or confidence.
    Fair post. If it was JUST the WHO saying it, I'd probably be skeptical too.

It's hit a sort of critical mass, though. I don't think it's a cure-all by any means - but I think if we all wear masks, wash hands & distance, it can make a significant difference.

I don't challenge people in public if they're not wearing a mask, but I just wish they would. I'm still sort of amazed that it became this political thing. We should be more together on something like this - COVID is all of our enemy.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Stretch (07-03-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020)

22. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Actually, you were too whining and complaining. What is this? Did you not just type this a few hours ago? "Well then we all have to stop working, stop eating, stop walking outside of our homes, stop driving, stop living basically..."

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...94#post3749194

You also lied about this. "Alllllllll persons who get seriously ill with a virus have an immune disorder and are severely compromised." That's total crap. If their immune system was that faulty, they would have died from some other infection long before this novel coronavirus came along. You do understand the infectious disease word "novel," don't you? As in, has not been seen before, no presently-living people have encountered it or have immunity to it?

I too am enjoying my life -- the only one granted -- immensely. That being said, I also practice doing things that have been proven to help keep my fellow passengers safe. I wear a mask, I wash my hands frequently, I stay six feet or more from others, I don't go to crowded venues. I don't put down those who fall ill by telling others that they "have poor immune systems," because that's a lie. I *do*, however, put down those who take stupid, selfish, and foolish risks with their own lives -- and worst of all, the lives of others. Despite the best efforts of ppl like you and the rest of you RWNJ science-deniers, most of us understand that the virus is nothing to mess around with.

Stop spreading misinformation.

Exhibit A: #COVID45's abortion of a rally in Tulsa. The "this is no worse than the flu" message promoted by your masters fell on a lot of deaf ears. I bet Mr. Cain wishes his hadn't been plugged up with the stupid.

23. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Stretch (07-03-2020)

24. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

It isn't binary.
    See, you get it. Why is that so very hard for some to grasp?

25. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"if we all wear masks, wash hands & distance, it can make a significant difference."

But, see? I'm an adult. You are, too. Everything you stated ^^^ is simple common sense.
    It's not my fault if some won't use common sense. Yet, at the same time I won't spend my short life fighting
    with people who won't use common sense. It's not something that can be demanded or taught...hence the
    term "common" sense.

Another example? OK. You saw all those rioters and looters. Were they using "common" sense? No.
    Yet, pols and officials completely allowed it...no resistance...even catered to them.
    "Common" sense is quickly departing all over the world. Make no mistake. It will get worse.
    pain in abortion.