Thread: Why our history is important.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,474 Times in 17,035 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,563 Times in 4,243 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello archives,

Yes, I do. There were wars then - caused by idiots in power - and it is the same today.

The powerless fight and die because the powerful say they should.

The powerful constantly seek more power.

Look at Xi Jinping, Putin, DT.

What has changed in that respect?
    It has been known since ancient times that wars are about money. They want to take resources and land from others. It did not change in America. Read about Smedley Butler , his book War is a Racket. Here is what we covered up in our history. https://www.arcadiapublishing.com/Na...-Overthrow-the

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-03-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,370 Times in 9,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

History, both good and bad is vitally important. History should be taught in schools, in museums, and at historical sites. Celebrating a Confederate General in the town square of Podunk Alabama has nothing to do with history, and everything to do with celebrating individuals who fought to keep the institution of slavery and were traitors to their country. Period. End of story.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Civilization does not seem to have changed much since Mesopotamia?"

You don't really mean that do you?
    Yeah she really does. Saw a video that said so. Forewarned is forearmed with that one.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ray9 View Post
    Globalization can only coexist with democracies on a very superficial level. In order for a leadership in a democracy to implement the ideology of full globalization onto its people it must take away self-destiny and local control of survival in favor of a hive mentality that dictates what is good for the hive, not the individuals in the hive. “We the People” is incompatible with hive culture and philosophy. Globalization is an insectoid model foisted on thinking humans to remove the thinking and supplant it with artificially instinctive behavior using fear and remote alien power as an enforcing agent.

The raw power and central planning of Globalization is a fatal threat to democracies everywhere on Earth. For instance, biological warfare was outlawed in 1925 with the Geneva Protocol. The People’s Republic of China, the leading beneficiary of modern globalization, used a bacterial agent (Wuhan Virus) to ensure the survival of the hive at the expense of people. They first used Sun-Tzu infiltration methods to bribe the US Congress to cede control of the US pharmaceutical industry so no American leader could accuse them of the violation without causing great pain and expense to the people.

The odds that Covid-19 came from nature just at the perfect time to destroy a US economy that was surging are about the same as a person winning Powerball every day for the rest of his life. But thinking was removed by insectoid globalization so many believe that it was just by chance. Globalization requires the human race to give up thinking which is the one thing that separates humans from animals.

The Chinese regard all the nations of the world as collateral damage in a globalization war against the US that they want to replace as a template for the world’s greatest power.
    None of that made any sense.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,807 Times in 13,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 825 Times in 784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It has been known since ancient times that wars are about money. They want to take resources and land from others. It did not change in America. Read about Smedley Butler , his book War is a Racket. Here is what we covered up in our history. https://www.arcadiapublishing.com/Na...-Overthrow-the
    I read the account. It is a mix of history with conspiracy theory. Note how throughout the piece names are dropped of various rich elites but nothing is actually said of their supposed involvement. Instead, it makes a guilt by association argument against them. One might also note that it favors the House Un-American Activities Committee, the same committee that in the 50's was pilloried for going after the Left and Communists.
    Also, wars can be about money, but they don't have to be. There are also those who take war as an opportunity to make money, just as those in the business world often take any event negative or positive as such an opportunity.

On the whole, the article really doesn't explain much of anything and certainly doesn't do it well.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,474 Times in 17,035 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,563 Times in 4,243 Posts

Trump is an adversary of globalization and it is globalization that is the world's biggest threat to democracy.
    Globalization is a fact like the weather. We have international corporations that sell and make products all over the world. Trump and Ivanka make their overpriced crap in China and 3rd world nations as an example. Trump only talks about being against globalism. He knows better.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Globalization is a fact like the weather. We have international corporations that sell and make products all over the world. Trump and Ivanka make their overpriced crap in China and 3rd world nations as an example. Trump only talks about being against globalism. He knows better.
    I can't believe how utterly stupid these Trump supporters are.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonsprat22 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2020)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    I can't believe how utterly stupid these Trump supporters are.
    History is replete with fearful statements like the above. "I can't believe how utterly stupid supporters of the World being round are; everyone can see it is flat" "I cant believe how utterly stupid supporters of the Earth revolving around the Sun are; everyone can see the sun revolves around the Erath which is in the center". State propaganda is as powerful now as it was then.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    None of that made any sense.

Here is globalization a "nutshell":

https://www.victorpest.com/articles/...h%20experiment.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

History is replete with fearful statements like the above. "I can't believe how utterly stupid supporters of the World being round are; everyone can see it is flat" "I cant believe how utterly stupid supporters of the Earth revolving around the Sun are; everyone can see the sun revolves around the Erath which is in the center". State propaganda is as powerful now as it was then.
    Good thing Trumpf lost the election then. Who won?

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Nordberg,

Totally agreed.

One only has to look at the satellite image of North Korea at night to see the condition of a nation being left out of 'globalization.' democracy.

'Globalization' has been going on since humans began to wander the seas. If it were not for such explorations there would be no USA, land of 'democracy.' (Or oligarchy, depending on perspective.)
    Slight alteration for clarity.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ray9,

Slight alteration for clarity.
    Did you read and agree to my PIP?

What you just did is highly disrespectful. Altering the quotes of another poster is not respectful.

If you would like to continue having discussions with me, you will go back and edit your post, leave my quote exactly as I wrote it, and make your own comments outside the quote bubble.

If this is not done we will not be talking any more..
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (07-04-2020)

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello ray9,

Did you read and agree to my PIP?

What you just did is highly disrespectful. Altering the quotes of another poster is not respectful.

If you would like to continue having discussions with me, you will go back and edit your post, leave my quote exactly as I wrote it, and make your own comments outside the quote bubble.

If this is not done we will not be talking any more..
    Are you suggesting that North Korea is a democracy?

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Before I respond to your thread I would like to acquaint you with my Personal Ignore Policy because my rules are more strict than the site rules. Hopefully this is reasonable:

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

If this is agreeable then I hope we have many interesting discussions. If not, we won't be talking long.

With a chip your shoulder the size of a redwood anything can be regarded as disrespectful. Intimidating new members is a poor way to stimulate "interesting discussions". If we are done talking that is up to you.