Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Florida smashes Daily Record for New Coronavirus Cases

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    Florida is still below the national average in terms of infections per million people. Their testing rate is just below the national average, but they've been improving it over time.
    Good for them!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.2 For This Post:

Saudade (07-02-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    No. I have explained this to you three times. I could reach a two year old child with fewer attempts. There are tests, and there are confirmed cases. They are not the same. There were 10,000 confirmed cases in Florida today.
    Like, wow!

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello tff,

Quote Originally Posted by tff View Post
    https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...10109/2256899/

10,000 new cases in one day.

DeSantis is a fool.
    Republican governor.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So what? The national average is skewed completely by the outbreak in New York. New York today had 764 new cases, and Florida had over 10,000. So Florida is better off? LOL at you.
    Who knew?

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello tff,

Republican governor.
    And a FINE governor at that.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Amen. He made a fool of himself by declaring victory in Trumpian manner, railing against those naysayers. Now we are at the epicenter of the outbreak. And in the next couple of weeks, the NBA will come to Orlando for the playoffs, Disney World will be re-opening, and Trump is coming for his coronation. I'm in Jax, in our county today we SMASHED the previous of high of about 400 cases. Today we had over 700. Jacksonville finally made mask wearing mandatory on Monday. Meanwhile, DeSantis continues to talk nonsense.
    It is amazing masks are not required for the whole State. The whole COUNTRY, for that matter.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Concart,

It is amazing masks are not required for the whole State. The whole COUNTRY, for that matter.
    Wonderful news!

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm saying some of the rise in cases can be attributed to increased testing. To put things in perspective, Tennessee currently has a higher infection rate than North Carolina, but it also has a substantially higher testing rate. Since the infection rate is already close between these states, it can logically be assumed that if NC increased its testing rate to match Tennessee, it would have a higher infection rate recorded.

With Florida, you can make a similar comparison between them and say... Pennsylvania. Florida has a higher infection rate than PA, but it also has a higher testing rate. So, if PA increased its testing rate to match that of Florida, it would likely have a higher infection rate recorded.

The problem with how people are often measuring the performance of each state is that they don't take into account differences in testing rates.
    Maybe some, but not many. These cases are the result of bars, gyms, and other indoor businesses opening way too early. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the common characteristic of the states that are currently experiencing huge spikes. Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Arizona, Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi. What do they all have in common. I think you can figure that one out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-02-2020)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

How many more were hospitalized? How many were told to go home? How many were asymptomatic?
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Woko Haram,

Florida is still below the national average in terms of infections per million people. Their testing rate is just below the national average, but they've been improving it over time.
    Way to sugar coat it.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Amazing until you see the current occupant of the White House, and understand that his followers are a cult. Then it's easy. At this point. Here are the states with the most new cases today. In order. Florida, Georgia, Arizona, Texas, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi. With the exception of California and North Carolina, all have Republican Governors who are nothing but Trump sycophants. This is not a coincidence.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-02-2020)

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Maybe some, but not many. These cases are the result of bars, gyms, and other indoor businesses opening way too early. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the common characteristic of the states that are currently experiencing huge spikes. Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Arizona, Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi. What do they all have in common. I think you can figure that one out.
    And the example you gave in the OP was outdoors.

There is a lot of cognitive dissonance going on right now with the media, health agencies, and the left. Just today, health experts have come out saying that the protests that happened a few weeks ago don't appear to have affected the spread of COVID.

When considering that plenty of the protesters did not wear masks or social distance, that implies that masks and social distancing aren't as vital as once believed.

Granted, there is also the possibility that these people are running cover for a political movement they favor or are afraid to criticize.

Either way, it's hard to tell people to social distance and wear masks while simultaneously saying that gatherings of hundreds and thousands of people in close proximity did not increase the spread of COVID.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    How many more were hospitalized? How many were told to go home? How many were asymptomatic?
    Your attempts at excusing the Republican death cult are a fail.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tff View Post
    https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...10109/2256899/

10,000 new cases in one day.

DeSantis is a fool.
    They are also up in Cali. Is Newsom a fool too?
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Woko Haram,

I'm saying some of the rise in cases can be attributed to increased testing. To put things in perspective, Tennessee currently has a higher infection rate than North Carolina, but it also has a substantially higher testing rate. Since the infection rate is already close between these states, it can logically be assumed that if NC increased its testing rate to match Tennessee, it would have a higher infection rate recorded.

With Florida, you can make a similar comparison between them and say... Pennsylvania. Florida has a higher infection rate than PA, but it also has a higher testing rate. So, if PA increased its testing rate to match that of Florida, it would likely have a higher infection rate recorded.

The problem with how people are often measuring the performance of each state is that they don't take into account differences in testing rates.
    OK, the testing thing.

Testing does not make the pandemic worse. It makes it better because it is a valuable tool in reducing the spread.

There are a certain number of cases out there.

The more testing you have, the more cases you know about, the more cases you can do something about, at least tell the person so they know not to spread it.

If you do less testing it does not reduce the number of cases out there. All it does is makes it so you don't know about them. That makes the pandemic worse because people will be less careful if they are unaware they are carriers and could be infectious.

It is astonishing DT does not get this.

That's terrible leadership. Really, it is a lack of leadership.