Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Man dies after being infected at a backyard party by a friend.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,370 Times in 9,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Man dies after being infected at a backyard party by a friend.

This is why those of us who care about others will never, EVER forget or forgive the arrogance, stupidity and selfishness of those who continue to lie about the dangers of the virus, and who refuse to wear a mask.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/ca...rus/index.html

"A Southern California man who tested positive for coronavirus after attending a party expressed his fear and regret a day before he died.

Thomas Macias, 51, went to a barbecue last month near his community in Lake Elsinore, about 70 miles from Los Angeles. Shortly after the party, he started feeling sick. On June 20, he posted a poignant message on Facebook to warn his loved ones about the risks of the virus, his family said. "I went out a couple of weeks ago ... because of my stupidity I put my mom and sisters and my family's health in jeopardy," he wrote. "This has been a very painful experience. This is no joke. If you have to go out, wear a mask, and practice social distancing. ... Hopefully with God's help, I'll be able to survive this." He never made it. He died a day after that post."

A sad, but way too typical story, but here's where it's different

"A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said."

So when you say that people without symptoms can't spread the virus, you are lying. When you say you don't need to wear a mask because asymptomatic people can't spread the disease, you are lying. The truth is, you are selfish, ignorant, arrogant assholes, and some of you are going to kill the people you love. And you will have murdered them as surely as if you had pulled a gun and shot them in the head. You have no place in a civil society.

2. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-02-2020)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Charoite (07-02-2020), Guno צְבִי (07-02-2020), Micawber (07-02-2020), PoliTalker (07-02-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

irony is you going around deciding who belongs in a civilized society

you are a fascist - which is opposite of civilized

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

Into the Night (07-03-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    irony is you going around deciding who belongs in a civilized society

you are a fascist - which is opposite of civilized
    Fascist = police state and GOP= police state

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    This is why those of us who care about others will never, EVER forget or forgive the arrogance, stupidity and selfishness of those who continue to lie about the dangers of the virus, and who refuse to wear a mask.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/ca...rus/index.html

"A Southern California man who tested positive for coronavirus after attending a party expressed his fear and regret a day before he died.

Thomas Macias, 51, went to a barbecue last month near his community in Lake Elsinore, about 70 miles from Los Angeles. Shortly after the party, he started feeling sick. On June 20, he posted a poignant message on Facebook to warn his loved ones about the risks of the virus, his family said. "I went out a couple of weeks ago ... because of my stupidity I put my mom and sisters and my family's health in jeopardy," he wrote. "This has been a very painful experience. This is no joke. If you have to go out, wear a mask, and practice social distancing. ... Hopefully with God's help, I'll be able to survive this." He never made it. He died a day after that post."

A sad, but way too typical story, but here's where it's different

"A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said."

So when you say that people without symptoms can't spread the virus, you are lying. When you say you don't need to wear a mask because asymptomatic people can't spread the disease, you are lying. The truth is, you are selfish, ignorant, arrogant assholes, and some of you are going to kill the people you love. And you will have murdered them as surely as if you had pulled a gun and shot them in the head. You have no place in a civil society.
    don't care

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Fascist = police state and GOP= police state
    Correct. And as for the question of 'who am I to decide?' Murders should be in jail. A person who refuses to wear a mask and ends up infecting someone is a murderer.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-02-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2020)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

My wife just went to a hiking trail this morning with her friend who turned 50 yrs. They both wore masks. She said nobody else was wearing one and people were huffing and puffing from exertion
    just spewing out ....whatever they had.

Yep selfish, ignorant pricks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2020)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Correct. And as for the question of 'who am I to decide?' Murders should be in jail. A person who refuses to wear a mask and ends up infecting someone is a murderer.
    Certainly the guy who knew of his diagnosis, didn't mask and ended up killing his friend Macias is guilty of criminally negligent manslaughter. (Reckless disregard for the risk of death)
    Sort of like shooting arrows into the sky. The explanation that you didn't think a falling arrow could kill is unreasonable. I think his friend is lying and had the requisite reckless intent.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

domer76 (07-03-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2020)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is attempting to trivialize the dangers of covid-19, because he mistakenly thinks that if you ignore the threats of covid-19 the economy will instantly rebound and carry him to victory in November. The truth is that covid-19 is a dangerous disease, and it's important to have the wisdom to see that Trump is putting his constituents lives at risk for his personal gain, and to have the wisdom to listen to the professional advice of medical experts, and to not jeopardize your or your family's well being.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-02-2020)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Trump is attempting to trivialize the dangers of covid-19, because he mistakenly thinks that if you ignore the threats of covid-19 the economy will instantly rebound and carry him to victory in November. The truth is that covid-19 is a dangerous disease, and it's important to have the wisdom to see that Trump is putting his constituents lives at risk for his personal gain, and to have the wisdom to listen to the professional advice of medical experts, and to not jeopardize your or your family's well being.
    It might work if people considered him a leader or believed what he said. But the majority of people believe we are opening too early. And it isn't even close. Those people will stay home. And we'll let the Trump Cult kill each other.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2020), Trumpet (07-02-2020)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,102 Times in 7,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,187 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    don't care
    This is why no one cares about you or what you think- BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT WHAT YOU AND DONALD TRUMP CARES ABOUT- KEEPING HIM IN POWER AND THE NATION IN TERROR!

WE WILL NOT CARE WHEN YOU CATCH THE VIRUS- AND YOUR ASS GROWS TOGETHER!

HOPEFULLY THAT WILL HAPPEN SOON!

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Certainly the guy who knew of his diagnosis, didn't mask and ended up killing his friend Macias is guilty of criminally negligent manslaughter. (Reckless disregard for the risk of death)
    Sort of like shooting arrows into the sky. The explanation that you didn't think a falling arrow could kill is unreasonable. I think his friend is lying and had the requisite reckless intent.
    Trumptards should avoid being tested in order to avoid this conundrum. The non-compliance to local mask mandates appears to be reserved for fat old white men. Just sayin'. I am curious about what happens when one of the idiots claims a health condition, ends up infecting someone, and then it's proven the health condition was not present. At the end of the day though, I consider that person a murderer, worthy of our ridicule, scorn and contempt.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    This is why no one cares about you or what you think- BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT WHAT YOU AND DONALD TRUMP CARES ABOUT- KEEPING HIM IN POWER AND THE NATION IN TERROR!

WE WILL NOT CARE WHEN YOU CATCH THE VIRUS- AND YOUR ASS GROWS TOGETHER!

HOPEFULLY THAT WILL HAPPEN SOON!
    cry harder for me

your tears nourish me

21. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (07-02-2020)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This message is hidden because Teflon Don is on your ignore list.

Tell it to the judge, murderer.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

And how do we know it was this cookout ?
    Anybody else come down with it ?
    Anybody exibiting symptoms there ?

Makes for a nice story but its as flimsy as Pedo Joes moral compass.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    And how do we know it was this cookout ?
    Anybody else come down with it ?
    Anybody exibiting symptoms there ?

Makes for a nice story but its as flimsy as Pedo Joes moral compass.
    I don't know. Common fucking sense?? That's what you trumptards are down to. Would the moral of the story somehow change for you? Are you going to say, 'hey, so what if this guy went to a party after testing positive because he was asymptomatic?'

The desperation is palpable.