Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Man dies after being infected at a backyard party by a friend.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    This is why those of us who care about others will never, EVER forget or forgive the arrogance, stupidity and selfishness of those who continue to lie about the dangers of the virus, and who refuse to wear a mask.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/ca...rus/index.html

"A Southern California man who tested positive for coronavirus after attending a party expressed his fear and regret a day before he died.

Thomas Macias, 51, went to a barbecue last month near his community in Lake Elsinore, about 70 miles from Los Angeles. Shortly after the party, he started feeling sick. On June 20, he posted a poignant message on Facebook to warn his loved ones about the risks of the virus, his family said. "I went out a couple of weeks ago ... because of my stupidity I put my mom and sisters and my family's health in jeopardy," he wrote. "This has been a very painful experience. This is no joke. If you have to go out, wear a mask, and practice social distancing. ... Hopefully with God's help, I'll be able to survive this." He never made it. He died a day after that post."

A sad, but way too typical story, but here's where it's different

"A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said."

So when you say that people without symptoms can't spread the virus, you are lying. When you say you don't need to wear a mask because asymptomatic people can't spread the disease, you are lying. The truth is, you are selfish, ignorant, arrogant assholes, and some of you are going to kill the people you love. And you will have murdered them as surely as if you had pulled a gun and shot them in the head. You have no place in a civil society.
    Wearing a mask is mostly about protecting others.

It is very sad that this happened.

People need to get the message.

This is not about politics. We are at war. The enemy lurks unseen deeply within our society. We fight the war with social distancing and mask wearing.

Don't let the enemy get a foothold.

Protect your fellow Americans.

We are all relying on one another to fight this war.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,313 Times in 53,224 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is why those of us who care about others will never, EVER forget or forgive the arrogance, stupidity and selfishness of those who continue to lie about the dangers of the virus, and who refuse to wear a mask.

"A Southern California man who tested positive for coronavirus after attending a party expressed his fear and regret a day before he died.

Thomas Macias, 51, went to a barbecue last month near his community in Lake Elsinore, about 70 miles from Los Angeles. Shortly after the party, he started feeling sick. On June 20, he posted a poignant message on Facebook to warn his loved ones about the risks of the virus, his family said. "I went out a couple of weeks ago ... because of my stupidity I put my mom and sisters and my family's health in jeopardy," he wrote. "This has been a very painful experience. This is no joke. If you have to go out, wear a mask, and practice social distancing. ... Hopefully with God's help, I'll be able to survive this." He never made it. He died a day after that post."

"A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said."

So when you say that people without symptoms can't spread the virus, you are lying. When you say you don't need to wear a mask because asymptomatic people can't spread the disease, you are lying. The truth is, you are selfish, ignorant, arrogant assholes, and some of you are going to kill the people you love. And you will have murdered them as surely as if you had pulled a gun and shot them in the head. You have no place in a civil society.
    Thank you. I also read about Mr. Macias, may he rest in peace. That "friend" should be tried for manslaughter.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-02-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

RIP but then he was the most uninformed ever
    So when you say that people without symptoms can't spread the virus, you are lying.
    nobody sane says that. we ALL know asymptomatic transmission. I won't call you a liar..but literally nobody says that
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

Cold War 2.0 Russia hysteria is turning people’s brains into guacamole.
    We’ve got to find a way to snap out of the propaganda trance
    ________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7. All Good Children Go to Heaven

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    My wife just went to a hiking trail this morning with her friend who turned 50 yrs. They both wore masks. She said nobody else was wearing one and people were huffing and puffing from exertion
    just spewing out ....whatever they had.

Yep selfish, ignorant pricks.
    i wont wear one in the pool either - we do practice social distancing
    but outside the transmission rate and exposure time drops dramatically

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Thank you. I also read about Mr. Macias, may he rest in peace. That "friend" should be tried for manslaughter.
    I would feel horrible for causing the death of my friend. It’s truly unfortunate people don’t respect Mother Nature. She is just so much more powerful than we mere humans.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-02-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2020)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Gee whiz!

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It might work if people considered him a leader or believed what he said. But the majority of people believe we are opening too early. And it isn't even close. Those people will stay home. And we'll let the Trump Cult kill each other.
    noone i know - but if that is true- then we are really stupid because we damn near went into a recession as it was

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Concart,

Wearing a mask is mostly about protecting others.

It is very sad that this happened.

People need to get the message.

This is not about politics. We are at war. The enemy lurks unseen deeply within our society. We fight the war with social distancing and mask wearing.

Don't let the enemy get a foothold.

Protect your fellow Americans.

We are all relying on one another to fight this war.
    I think the states effected should now be issuing fines or non-entry for nor wearing them inside in public

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

This message is hidden because Teflon Don is on your ignore list.

Tell it to the judge, murderer.
    Many have tried. All have failed

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I would feel horrible for causing the death of my friend. It’s truly unfortunate people don’t respect Mother Nature. She is just so much more powerful than we mere humans.
    It’s truly astounding that you think you can control Mother Nature

Had they let this take its course we would have reached herd immunity by now.

One death. So many more survive.

BFD

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

murdered by a Demmycrat......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-02-2020)

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,554 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Fascist = police state and GOP= police state
    dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, as well as strong regimentation of society - you cuckoos fit this definition like a glove

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Correct. And as for the question of 'who am I to decide?' Murders should be in jail. A person who refuses to wear a mask and ends up infecting someone is a murderer.
    hey moron - ever occur to you the maskless already had the disease rendering you a blathering idiot

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-02-2020)

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, as well as strong regimentation of society - you cuckoos fit this definition like a glove
    Doesn't this sound like the White Supremacist, the KKK, and the Neo-Nazis, which comprise Trump's base.

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Doesn't this sound like the White Supremacist, the KKK, and the Neo-Nazis, which comprise Trump's base.
    force people to bake cakes, prevent people from working. telling people they can't leave their house. telling everyone what language is ok and what is not,

you fuck heads are fascists - you specifically are