Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An Ill Advised COVID 4th Fireworks Display - No Mask Required!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default An Ill Advised COVID 4th Fireworks Display - No Mask Required!

"WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s July Fourth celebration on the National Mall will feature one of the largest fireworks displays ever and as many as 300,000 face masks will be given away to those who want them — but despite health concerns from D.C.'s mayor, no one apparently will be required to wear them."

"Among those deeply concerned is Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser, who doesn't have the right to shut down the holiday spectacle because it's on federal land, but warned the federal government about the obvious dangers of such a large crowd.

Bowser said she had briefly read through the Interior Department's statement on the July Fourth plans and believed they were not consistent with established health guidelines.

“We know this is a special event for the Department of Interior. We’ve communicated to them that we do not think this is in keeping with the best CDC and Department of Health guidance. But this event will take place entirely on federal property,” Bowser said."

"Interior officials planned to have 300,000 face coverings on hand to give away at the National Mall. "

DT plans huge July 4 fireworks show despite DC's concerns

If people are smart, the Interior Department will be left with a lot of those masks on July 5th, because people just stayed away. Worst case would be they show up and decline the masks.

This is not as bad as the indoor rally, but it is still not the best idea.

Hopefully the viewing areas will be large enough to accommodate smart crowds who wear masks and have plenty of room to stay away from one another. Crowd size control would be a good idea.

A lot of people normally view the fireworks in DC from boats on the Potomac River. That seems like a far safer way to view as long as the boats only contain families which normally reside together.

Rain chances for DC on Saturday night are 50/50.

Most will be watching it on TV, the safest way.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-02-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-03-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Over here, as a mark of solidarity, Johnson is opening the pubs for the 4th. A sort of New Year's Eve is predicted. He probably thinks it will kill off some non-tory voters, though I believe our death-rate per million has already got the Fatman's efforts so far licked!

5. The Following User Groans At Iolo/Penderyn For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-02-2020)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-03-2020), PoliTalker (07-02-2020)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Over here, as a mark of solidarity, Johnson is opening the pubs for the 4th. A sort of New Year's Eve is predicted. He probably thinks it will kill off some non-tory voters, though I believe our death-rate per million has already got the Fatman's efforts so far licked!
    Tend your goats, America hating cabron.

Llandudno: Wild goats take over Welsh town amid coronavirus ...
    www.cnn.com › wild-goats-wales-streets-lockdown-scli-gbr
    Mar 31, 2020 - A coastal town in north Wales has found a whole new meaning to the phrase herd immunity, after goats were spotted roaming its quiet streets.

8. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

AProudLefty (07-03-2020)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-03-2020)

10. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s July Fourth celebration on the National Mall will feature one of the largest fireworks displays ever and as many as 300,000 face masks will be given away to those who want them — but despite health concerns from D.C.'s mayor, no one apparently will be required to wear them."

"Among those deeply concerned is Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser, who doesn't have the right to shut down the holiday spectacle because it's on federal land, but warned the federal government about the obvious dangers of such a large crowd.

Bowser said she had briefly read through the Interior Department's statement on the July Fourth plans and believed they were not consistent with established health guidelines.

“We know this is a special event for the Department of Interior. We’ve communicated to them that we do not think this is in keeping with the best CDC and Department of Health guidance. But this event will take place entirely on federal property,” Bowser said."

"Interior officials planned to have 300,000 face coverings on hand to give away at the National Mall. "

If people are smart, the Interior Department will be left with a lot of those masks on July 5th, because people just stayed away. Worst case would be they show up and decline the masks.

Hopefully the viewing areas will be large enough to accommodate smart crowds who wear masks and have plenty of room to stay away from one another. Crowd size control would be a good idea.

A lot of people normally view the fireworks in DC from boats on the Potomac River. That seems like a far safer way to view as long as the boats only contain families which normally reside together.

Thank you for staying home, PoliTalker. I wish more of you would do that. Shopping would be so much more enjoyable.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Granule For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2020), PostmodernProphet (07-04-2020), Truth Detector (07-03-2020)

12. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

It seems that your experience has gone full circle as we are still looking for our first significant peak.

I presume masks and distancing are the norm there?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here's a possible solution.

If you don't want to wear a mask just put duck tape over your mouth and nose.

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

It seems that your experience has gone full circle as we are still looking for our first significant peak.

I presume masks and distancing are the norm there?
    The masks are just coming in. Johnson does everything too late to be useful - it's a knack!

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 19 Posts

He must really believe that the polls are wrong.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tff For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-03-2020)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,564 Times in 9,977 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Now dont get all hot and bothered....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Earl (07-03-2020), Truth Detector (07-03-2020)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Hopefully the viewing areas will be large enough to accommodate smart crowds who wear masks and have plenty of room to stay away from one another.
    Tell me, have there been any "smart crowds" of protesters in the last month or so? I don't recall any social distancing among the BLM and Antifa protesters. I don't think social distancing went on in Portland last night.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

Earl (07-03-2020), Stone (07-03-2020), Truth Detector (07-03-2020)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tff View Post
    He must really believe that the polls are wrong.
    They were certainly wrong in 2016.

Hillary up by 14 points, 10 days before the election...no path to the presidency for Trump.

22. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

AProudLefty (07-03-2020)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

24. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Now dont get all hot and bothered....

Indeed.

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,382 Times in 52,421 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump saw that some Alabamians were throwing "COVID parties" and wanted to throw one himself. No doubt even more people will be infected than in Tulsa!

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-03-2020), tff (07-03-2020)

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    They were certainly wrong in 2016.
    Were they?

28. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

OMIGOD!!!! PEOPLE WILL POSSIBLY BE EXOSOED TO A VIRUS THAT AFFECTS ALMOST NO ONE.

WOW.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post: