Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody actually believe this?

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    I can tell that your temperament needs some work at least. Granted, I doubt you behave like this in real life.
    I don’t see the fucking morons and liars in my daily life as I do here.

Don’t mistake my disdain for idiots and willful ignorants for my general temperment, Cletus.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Who is the new meat popsicle?
    Shut the fuck up you rightwing retard.
    What a compelling argument.

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Yes, you do. Every principle RepublicanS once thought they had, has been destroyed by electing Trump. You may never hold the moral high ground, again. The Moral Majority has finally been destroyed by one they call their own.
    How so? Trump is pretty consistent with populist principles. He was never exactly your standard establishment Republican. If anything, neocons are the ones without principles. Populists do have principles, and they are typically consistent.

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

How so? Trump is pretty consistent with populist principles. He was never exactly your standard establishment Republican. If anything, neocons are the ones without principles. Populists do have principles, and they are typically consistent.
    Trump isn’t a populist, either, when are you cultist going to realize Trump is a salesman, he’s an actor, he doesn’t care about anything but himself.

The Republicans, once he has gone, will have to establish just what it is they value, under Trump they have no values, because Trump has none.

5. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump isn’t a populist, either, when are you cultist going to realize Trump is a salesman, he’s an actor, he doesn’t care about anything but himself.

The Republicans, once he has gone, will have to establish just what it is they value, under Trump they have no values, because Trump has none.
    He's been promoting populist principles since the 80s. Even back when he was a registered Democrat, he voiced support for most of the same things he supports now.

6. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

He's been promoting populist principles since the 80s. Even back when he was a registered Democrat, he voiced support for most of the same things he supports now.
    Again, it’s not something he believes, if you study his business practices, you see he is not a populist. He just plays one on TV.

7. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I don’t see the fucking morons and liars in my daily life as I do here.

Don’t mistake my disdain for idiots and willful ignorants for my general temperment, Cletus.
    That, and you probably don't have the balls to speak like this to someone's face.

8. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again, it’s not something he believes, if you study his business practices, you see he is not a populist. He just plays one on TV.
    That may well be the case, but many of his policies have stayed true to populism.

9. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

That, and you probably don't have the balls to speak like this to someone's face.
    I certainly do if they try to feed me the same bullshit and lies that the RW fucktards on this forum do.

10. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I certainly do if they try to feed me the same bullshit and lies that the RW fucktards on this forum do.
    Sure domer. It really seems more like you just come to this forum to become angry, unless you're naturally that way and just need to vent instead.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

Sailor (07-03-2020)

12. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a compelling argument.
    There is a message in there if you look hard enough.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

13. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sure domer. It really seems more like you just come to this forum to become angry, unless you're naturally that way and just need to vent instead.
    Anyone who isn't a brainwashed rightard is angry you stupid shitstain.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

14. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Anyone who isn't a brainwashed rightard is angry you stupid shitstain.
    Perhaps you could enlighten us about what makes you so angry (besides mental illness).

15. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

What do you want Trump to do? Declare martial law? You'd basically have to do that to actually get people to social distance and wear masks at a high enough rate to end the spread.

Let's put this in perspective. We are one of the most travelled to countries in the world, we've had numerous massive protests across the country, and a lot of Americans aren't exactly known for washing their hands regularly.

It's not a lack of Trump doing something that has allowed this spread.

The simple truth is that we are an open society with highly individualistic people. This means that some of our people aren't very responsible or clean. We also don't exactly have a history of following rules closely or consistently.

In a country like China, they locked down things eventually, and while plenty of people there still broke the rules, their population is a lot more conformist than ours, and their government is a lot more draconian in enforcement. There have been free countries that have fared well (like South Korea, Japan, and parts of Europe), but most of these countries have more conformist populations. They might also be better about hygiene.

So, you can blame Trump all you want, but ultimately, it makes more sense to blame parts of the general population for not following rules or being careful.
    You ignore the fact that 38% of the nation blindly follows everything trump says/does. He's setting a terrible example, and for some reason he just can't help himself.

No worries. This is going to pay huge dividends for Biden in November. By all means...keep spreading trump's message.

He's having another super spreader event at Mt. Rushmore tomorrow. He specifically called for no distancing. He's wasting 300,000 masks that will go unused, while healthcare professionals in Texas/Arizona are begging for PPE.

He's a moron.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-03-2020), Rune (07-04-2020)

17. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    You ignore the fact that 38% of the nation blindly follows everything trump says/does. He's setting a terrible example, and for some reason he just can't help himself.

No worries. This is going to pay huge dividends for Biden in November. By all means...keep spreading trump's message.

He's having another super spreader event at Mt. Rushmore tomorrow. He specifically called for no distancing. He's wasting 300,000 masks that will go unused, while healthcare professionals in Texas/Arizona are begging for PPE.

He's a moron.
    Where are you getting this information?