Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Hermes Thoth, The Anonymous, /MSG/, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, CFM, Superfreak, TOP, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt and FreeSpeech

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obamacare: here to stay

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,165 Times in 27,015 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,974 Times in 2,691 Posts

Default Obamacare: here to stay

Oklahoma voters approve Obamacare Medicaid expansion as coronavirus cases climb

Oklahoma voters on Tuesday narrowly approved a ballot measure to extend Medicaid to tens of thousands of poor adults, making their state the first to expand government-backed health insurance during the pandemic.

The vote, which passed with 50.5 percent support, also throws a wrench in the Trump administration's plan to make Oklahoma the first state to receive its permission to cap Medicaid spending, a longtime goal of conservatives hoping to constrain the safety-net entitlement program.

Deep-red Oklahoma had been one of just 14 states that hasn't expanded Medicaid under Obamacare and has the nation's second-highest uninsured rate, behind Texas. But even top Republican officials in Oklahoma recently acknowledged the state would eventually expand Medicaid coverage — it was just a question of how.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...andemic-346681

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At Cypress For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-01-2020), Irish (07-01-2020)

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-01-2020), Micawber (07-01-2020), Phantasmal (07-01-2020), PoliTalker (07-01-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-01-2020), Trumpet (07-01-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obama is poling at 57.2%.

RCP
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (07-01-2020), Phantasmal (07-01-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-01-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Obamacare +7.6% favorable.

RCP
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (07-01-2020)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Obama is poling at 57.2%.

RCP
    Historians are consistently rating obama within the top 18 presidents in history. It really is unfortunate we trusted Trump to babysit the Obama Economic Recovery.

I wonder how many Oklahoma hillbillies who used to rail against Obama, will be rushing and throwing elbows to sign up for the Obamacare Medicaid expansion?

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-01-2020), Micawber (07-01-2020), Phantasmal (07-01-2020), PoliTalker (07-01-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-01-2020)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Oklahoma voters on Tuesday narrowly approved a ballot measure to extend Medicaid to tens of thousands of poor adults, making their state the first to expand government-backed health insurance during the pandemic.

The vote, which passed with 50.5 percent support, also throws a wrench in the Trump administration's plan to make Oklahoma the first state to receive its permission to cap Medicaid spending, a longtime goal of conservatives hoping to constrain the safety-net entitlement program.

Deep-red Oklahoma had been one of just 14 states that hasn't expanded Medicaid under Obamacare and has the nation's second-highest uninsured rate, behind Texas. But even top Republican officials in Oklahoma recently acknowledged the state would eventually expand Medicaid coverage — it was just a question of how.

Completely useless. Went on there recently since being unemployed from the covid, and it said I can't enroll until the "open season." in November.

Completely useless govt run pile of shit.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

We shall see what SCOTUS has to say.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Completely useless. Went on there recently since being unemployed from the covid, and it said I can't enroll until the "open season." in November.

Trump is running it administratively now. His people are in charge of administering it.

If Trump is making you wait until November, that is your president's fault. Trump wants to sabotage Obamacare and not make it work.

I have zero doubt that in the midst of the COVID pandemic Obama, Clinton, or Biden would have used their executive and administrative authority to create exemptions and waivers on Obamacare enrollment in the midst of a public health care crisis.

It's hilarious that you actually wanted to use Obamacare for exactly the reason it was designed for. That in itself demonstrates the need for it

13. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

Irish (07-01-2020)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Historians are consistently rating obama within the top 18 presidents in history. It really is unfortunate we trusted Trump to babysit the Obama Economic Recovery.

I wonder how many Oklahoma hillbillies who used to rail against Obama, will be rushing and throwing elbows to sign up for the Obamacare Medicaid expansion?
    Especially with COVID in the air.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,189 Times in 52,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's wonderful news. I wish their citizens good luck and good health. All people deserve access to the means to pay for health care.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (07-01-2020)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,700 Times in 33,596 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,061 Times in 4,679 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is huge!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (07-01-2020)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post

Liar

20. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Irish (07-01-2020)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (07-01-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-01-2020)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Under current law, people who lose their job and employer-based insurance qualify for a special enrollment period through ObamaCare, but must provide proof that they lost their coverage. Typically, they need to apply within 60 days of losing their job for coverage.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...e-coverage.amp

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Under current law, people who lose their job and employer-based insurance qualify for a special enrollment period through ObamaCare, but must provide proof that they lost their coverage. Typically, they need to apply within 60 days of losing their job for coverage.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...e-coverage.amp

Holy smoke. Irish was caught red handed lying his fat ass off in a cynical and thoroughly dishonest attempt to make Obamacare look bad

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    This is huge!
    I hope Texas sees the light on Obamacare Medicaid expansion soon. Texas is one of the last dead-ender hold outs, are they not?

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,573 Times in 10,652 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

NO MANDATE.

NOTHING MORE THAN AN ONLINE INSURANCE CLEARING HOUSE...PERIOD.

NO LONGER THE LAW.....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber