Thread: Republican Senator Lamar Alexander To DT: "Wear A Mask!"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Republican Senator Lamar Alexander To DT: "Wear A Mask!"

"WASHINGTON — A leading Republican senator says President Donald Trump should start wearing a mask at least some of the time because politics is getting in the way of protecting the American people from COVID-19.

“The stakes are too high for the political debate about pro-Trump, anti-Trump masks to continue,” says Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee."

Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander Says President Trump Should Wear a Mask, Urges Protecting Americans Over Politics

We are at war with a virus.

We didn't ask for this war but we need to fight it.

It is a very different kind of war, but it is war just the same.

This war pits all of humanity against a bug. We are all on the same side, like it or not. The enemy doesn't care. All humans will be targeted regardless of politics.

It's the humans against the Coronavirus. All of us are the soldiers and we all have to fight.

The enemy is trying to take us out, and being quite effective at it.

We have only a few weapons in this war, but they are very effective.

It's called the 3 W's:

Wash your hands.

Watch your distance.

And WEAR A MASK!!!

OK? That is science, it is real, it is logical.

This never should have become political.

It became political because DT refuses to wear a mask. He made it political. This is not politics, it is war. How can he not get this?

Acting like a petulant child, DT declared that it is a matter of personal choice and he chooses not to. His reasoning is that he wants to pretend the deadly worldwide pandemic is no big deal, fake news, a Democratic hoax, sent to derail his popularity and chances of reelection. He doesn't want to wear the mask because it reminds everybody of the pandemic that he is trying so desperately to forget. DT is acting like an idiot.

This has set a terrible example. People following his lead are not fighting the war against the bug. It is a war that we are losing. Mask wearing now indicates whether you are a strong supporter of the president or opposed. That is ridiculous. Wearing a mask is about fighting the war, not making political statements.

Wearing a mask makes sense. We have to limit transmission of the disease. Wearing a mask is one of the most effective weapons we have in this war. It is a war not of our choosing, but one we have to fight.

Senator Alexander is right.

Our leader needs to set the proper example.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-01-2020)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-01-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-01-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,113 Times in 12,638 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Senior Useless Fuck Swamp Creature Sen. Lamar Alexander says......."

barf
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Wolverine (07-01-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We are talking about extremely poor and insensitive leadership.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-01-2020)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-01-2020), Phantasmal (07-01-2020)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    All throughout the USA....Because our Elite Class suck monkey balls...Yes Sir.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,476 Times in 52,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    "Senior Useless Fuck Swamp Creature Sen. Lamar Alexander says......."
    The expected response from the Trumpian side of the room.

The fact remains that Trump has shown very little leadership in his duties to protect the nation from a pandemic. The best thing he ever did was appoint the Vice President to head up the task force....but then like a jealous child, Trump bumped Pence in favor of daily rants, denials and lies. Sad.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-01-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-01-2020)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The expected response from the Trumpian side of the room.

The fact remains that Trump has shown very little leadership in his duties to protect the nation from a pandemic. The best thing he ever did was appoint the Vice President to head up the task force....but then like a jealous child, Trump bumped Pence in favor of daily rants, denials and lies. Sad.
    "Let's not talk about the corruption, we must talk about Trump, and only about Trump....these are your orders!".

barf

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. The Following User Groans At Hawkeye10 For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (07-01-2020)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Wolverine (07-01-2020)

16. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agreed and Trump has consistently proved he's a shitty leader, a Beta Male when America needs an Alpha.

Note the differences between the two and note which traits define Trump:

17. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-01-2020)

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-01-2020), PoliTalker (07-01-2020), signalmankenneth (07-01-2020)

19. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    "Let's not talk about the corruption, we must talk about Trump, and only about Trump....these are your orders!".
    More Trumpian derailing conspiracy theory bullshit.

The topic is exercising leadership to lead the nation out of a crisis. Even Fox News agrees wearing masks are an effective tool in reducing COVID-19 cases. You? You're more worried about dirt being thrown the head of a Cult of Personality than in saving American lives.

Are you really an American? You don't seem to care about Americans and only seem to care with defending the Beta Male in Chief. Please explain.

20. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-01-2020)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-01-2020)

22. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The DT fans live breath and die by his lead.

If he starts wearing a mask, starts telling everyone how important it is, that it is not political at all, that we are at war and this is how we fight it, then his fans will pick up on his lead.

Just like when he lies and says two things that are in opposition to each other.

And you wonder which one his followers are going to claim is true, it is always the most recent statement.

If he says something that is false, his followers will claim it is true right up until he says the opposite. Then the opposite thing is now 'true' for them.

So it doesn't matter if DT previously sent the message that you don't have to wear a mask.

If he changes and suddenly starts telling everyone they have to wear a mask, and he wears one himself, they will follow.

His base doesn't believe anything unless DT says it. Facts don't matter to them. It's all about if DT says it. That is the gospel for them.

23. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-01-2020)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-01-2020)

25. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

PoliTalker:

"Dive, market, DIVE!

Take DT down with you.

02-28-2020, 06:47 AM #5 | Top
    PoliTalker

"Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

We're going down.

BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT!

Dive! Dive! Dive!"

26. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The DT fans live breath and die by his lead.

If he starts wearing a mask, starts telling everyone how important it is, that it is not political at all, that we are at war and this is how we fight it, then his fans will pick up on his lead.

Just like when he lies and says two things that are in opposition to each other.

And you wonder which one his followers are going to claim is true, it is always the most recent statement.

If he says something that is false, his followers will claim it is true right up until he says the opposite. Then the opposite thing is now 'true' for them.

So it doesn't matter if DT previously sent the message that you don't have to wear a mask.

If he changes and suddenly starts telling everyone they have to wear a mask, and he wears one himself, they will follow.

His base doesn't believe anything unless DT says it. Facts don't matter to them. It's all about if DT says it. That is the gospel for them.
    Good post and agreed. The motto of Trumpians should be "Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?"

27. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-01-2020)

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-01-2020), PoliTalker (07-01-2020)

29. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The source of the virus from China is China. They lied about the source and their number of fatalities. They would not share data with our health professionals that might have mitigated their virus from China. They nailed shut the doors of those with the virus from China They did not stop flights out of China and the virus from China spread around the world.

China must be held accountable for the hundreds of thousands of deaths and the economic loss around the world.

Count on the far left loon apologists to defend China and falsely blame it on our great president whose closure of flights from China saved countless lives.

The president is following the advice of the health professionals and the states are opening their economies following the guidelines.

30. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

It should not be news when a Republican wears a mask. The bar for their behavior has been set ridiculously low. Each and every one of them needs to be voted out of office at the first opportunity. Way too little, way too late.

31. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-01-2020)

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-01-2020), PoliTalker (07-01-2020)

33. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed and Trump has consistently proved he's a shitty leader, a Beta Male when America needs an Alpha.

Note the differences between the two and note which traits define Trump:
    Too bad we have a loser/pretender president.

He pretends that losing is really winning:

LOST the popular election, claims landslide.

LOST in the polls, claims the polls are fake.

LOST the largest inauguration designation, falsely claims it was the biggest.

34. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Otra vez:

The source of the virus from China is China. They lied about the source and their number of fatalities. They would not share data with our health professionals that might have mitigated their virus from China. They nailed shut the doors of those with the virus from China They did not stop flights out of China and the virus from China spread around the world.

China must be held accountable for the hundreds of thousands of deaths and the economic loss around the world.

Count on the far left loon apologists to defend China and falsely blame it on our great president whose closure of flights from China saved countless lives.

The president is following the advice of the health professionals and the states are opening their economies following the guidelines.

35. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

signalmankenneth (07-01-2020)